If the Gopher's win the NIT will you........

Reaction score
purchase a t-shirt, cap, and whatever else they comeup with commemorating the NIT Championship? Secondly, will you wear it proudly in public,or display it in your man cave? I still have a t-shirt from the last NIT Championship when Clem's boys beat Georgetown in the Garden.
I wore that shirt for at least two years after the fact. Now it is a fishing t-shirt when we're in Ely. The reason I ask, there has been alot of poo-pooing about the NIT; some calling it the "Not Invited Tournament" Still, a Championship is a Championship and the Gophers would have done it the hardway by being on the road. No easy task. Just asking. And yes, I would purchase a hat.

Not a chance in hell. Banging a fat chick is technically getting laid, but you don't call up all your friends and brag about it.

Did you forget about the 1998 NIT Championship or did you delete that from your records with everyone else?

Will be happy for the Gophers if they do, but I'd have no interest in purchasing any commemorative NIT stuff. That's the kind of stuff that gets you laughed at by friends and acquaintances & most importantly fans from other Big Ten schools (excluding maybe Nebraska, Northwestern & Penn State).

If the Gophers were to win the NIT, I'd be very happy, but more for the fact that the young Gophers got so much more game experience and practice time. But I probably wouldn't buy anything. I'd be more happy than the journey than the result. And get rather excited for next year :)

May buy a hat...no t shirt. Would like to have the opportunity to decide if I'm going to take Creative Charters to NYC though...Still kick myself for not going on other NYC trips to MSG.

Well, OK, I guess I'm the only one who'd buy a T-shirt. But I have a weakness for T-shirts.

Would I wear it? Why not? I'm secure enough in my Gopher-ness. We are who we are.

All that said, there should be no banner in the rafters for anything less than an NIT title. The sooner we take that lame thing down and burn it in a public spectacle, the sooner we'll be on our way to self-respect if not respectability.

Been having a lot of fun watching these games and will be very happy if we win it all, but I wouldn't buy any memorabilia. If we go anywhere beyond the sweet sixteen in the NCAA tournament I definately would though.

I would jump up and down and "shoot" sparks.

No shirt or hat for me. Don't get me wrong, I have been watching the nit games and really enjoyed seeing them beat Miami yesterday. This has been a good experience for the players as they have had some success, shown some tough determination, haven't quit, etc. All really good things for the team. But wearing an nit hat? Isn't that like walking around in a hat that says we are number #69. That is wrong on so many levels.

No new clothes for me. Now if an NIT IPA was brewed, sure I'd pick up a sixer.

I'd think about buying some shorts if they sold those?

I'd think about buying some shorts if they sold those?

zambam, and you would have those shorts embolded with a comment: "Danger, hanging around with me will greatly damage your reputation."

:drink:

zambam, and you would have those shorts embolded with a comment: "Danger, hanging around with me will greatly damage your reputation."

:drink:
You can never have enough pairs of basketball shorts.

Bad Gopher said:
Well, OK, I guess I'm the only one who'd buy a T-shirt. But I have a weakness for T-shirts.

Would I wear it? Why not? I'm secure enough in my Gopher-ness. We are who we are.

All that said, there should be no banner in the rafters for anything less than an NIT title. The sooner we take that lame thing down and burn it in a public spectacle, the sooner we'll be on our way to self-respect if not respectability.

I'd get a shirt too. Something to wear to the gym at the very least.

Hell yes!

I would guess the players would be hyped if they win the NIT. And why not? The guys have been bringing their best effort and have worked hard to get this far. After all, they are lucky to have the chance to keep playing and thus far have been making the best of it.

A NIT championship would be a good accomplishment and I would proudly wear something NIT. And the players would do the same.

Top Bottom