No Skunks at the X

maroonfive

Reaction score
Becky goes down to Denver.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!

As much as I love seeing Wisconsin lose, I think this one actually hurts us. I think if Wisconsin would have won, our semifinal matchup would have been against the winner of SCSU and Michigan Tech. Now we might half to play NoDak in that round, and they are a better team.

nodak alwas scares ya in the playoffs. Lets hope this offense keeps rollin and our D tightens up.

As much as I love seeing Wisconsin lose, I think this one actually hurts us. I think if Wisconsin would have won, our semifinal matchup would have been against the winner of SCSU and Michigan Tech. Now we might half to play NoDak in that round, and they are a better team.

I think this is a fair assessment. At the same time, I think part of the concern I see from some people is based off of prior years as opposed to this year. The Gophers match up well against UND this year. Especially with regard to depth. The Gophers will also have the last change so we will be able to dictate match ups.

In addition, it's not like SCSU will be a pushover game for UND. SCSU won two of the four games from UND this year so they could very well win that game too.

I have the mentality that you need to play these kinds of tough games to prepare yourself for the NCAAs. The easiest path isn't always the best path when it comes to getting a team ready. The Gophers won 3 of 4 games from both UND and SCSU this year and I like our chances in either case since we are getting scoring from more than just the Bjugstad line.

SCSU might actually be the tougher matchup for the Gophers... but you've got another thing coming if you think I want north dakota to advance.

SCSU might actually be the tougher matchup for the Gophers... but you've got another thing coming if you think I want north dakota to advance.

Seeing three schools from Minnesota in the semifinals with no Wisconsin or NoDak would be sweet indeed.

Top Bottom