Any word on Bjugstad???

Reaction score
Anybody know Bjugstad's situation? Hopefully it's nothing that will keep him from next weekends series or further.

From the STrib:

Lucia said that he thinks Bjugstad will be fine.

"He got dinged a little bit and it was questionable whether he should come back in the third," Lucia said, "and we made the decision at that point in time, look at the big picture. There is no sense risking anything for the last period of hockey this weekend."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/140442313.html

Go Gophers!!

From the STrib:

"There is no sense risking anything for the last period of hockey this weekend."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/140442313.html

Go Gophers!!

That is the great thing about our depth. Rolling 4 lines all games leaves our other big players fresh enough and our depth players strong enough to be willing to keep a guy like Bjugstad on the bench as a precautionary measure even in a close, important game.

Thanks Bleed. That's great news. It's a good thing we can give him some rest.

Also hope Lucia rests Patterson Saturday night. He looks like he's on his game again, but he's played a ton. If he would get hurt down the line, it would be nice if the back-up had at least one game under his belt.

Also hope Lucia rests Patterson Saturday night. He looks like he's on his game again, but he's played a ton. If he would get hurt down the line, it would be nice if the back-up had at least one game under his belt.

That would be good to give him some rest, but I think Lucia might keep him in just to not break up his streak.

this is patterson's year. there is no way they are gonna take him out. He had to wait patiently behind Kangas for the majority of his college career so I would bet that he wants all the playing time he can get.
is it the right decision??? yes. I said from the beginning of the season that this team will only go as far as Patterson will take em and by golly we need this pony to cross all the finish lines. keep em in.

Tweet from Roman:

"Lucia on KFAN this morning said Bjugstad progressing well, going to practice today. Lucia hopeful Bjugey can play vs. Wis. this weekend."

Go Gophers!!

this is patterson's year. there is no way they are gonna take him out. He had to wait patiently behind Kangas for the majority of his college career so I would bet that he wants all the playing time he can get.
is it the right decision??? yes. I said from the beginning of the season that this team will only go as far as Patterson will take em and by golly we need this pony to cross all the finish lines. keep em in.

I agree. Even if we wrap up the one seed on Friday, Saturday's game is still important due to the volatility of the PWR. You gotta dance with who brung ya.

nice to have larson back but bjugstad is irreplaceable

Top Bottom