Rodney disagrees with Tubby's decision to not shoot until 10 seconds on shot clock

BleedGopher

Reaction score
by Dana Wessel - F Williams disagrees with Smith's assessment
PF Rodney Williams disagreed with coach Tubby Smith's assessment that the team played scared down the stretch in Wednesday's 66-61 loss to Michigan State. "I definitely don''t think we played scared," Williams said. "He just wanted us to spread out and not attack."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rapid-reports/post/17446410

by Dana Wessel - PF Williams didn't like stalling against Spartans
Coach Tubby Smith instructed his players to run the shot-clock inside of 10 seconds before shooting when they had a nine-point lead in Wednesday's 66-61 loss to Michigan State, but PF Rodney Williams disagreed with the tactics. "We were being too passive," Williams said.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rapid-reports/post/17446583

Go Gophers!!

Wow.. I like RW even more after reading this! Tubby please get lost.

by Dana Wessel - F Williams disagrees with Smith's assessment
PF Rodney Williams disagreed with coach Tubby Smith's assessment that the team played scared down the stretch in Wednesday's 66-61 loss to Michigan State. "I definitely don''t think we played scared," Williams said. "He just wanted us to spread out and not attack."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rapid-reports/post/17446410

by Dana Wessel - PF Williams didn't like stalling against Spartans
Coach Tubby Smith instructed his players to run the shot-clock inside of 10 seconds before shooting when they had a nine-point lead in Wednesday's 66-61 loss to Michigan State, but PF Rodney Williams disagreed with the tactics. "We were being too passive," Williams said.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rapid-reports/post/17446583

Go Gophers!!

Now that is amazing. Not that Tubby was stalling, we knew that, but that Rodney let the cat out of the bag. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Now that is amazing. Not that Tubby was stalling, we knew that, but that Rodney let the cat out of the bag. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Yup. Will there be more to this.

Let's see if Tubby has a response to this...

Interesting...I still don't know if that explains why Rodney didn't go to the hoop when it was open and the shot clock was running down.

Tweeters were supposed to use #sprintslam and the name of a player in the Dunk Contest tonight to vote for their favorite dunker (yes, as lame as it sounds) and Esposito was making a joke that Rodney could be the winner and would be his vote.

What that has to do with this thread? No idea.

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher said:
Tweeters were supposed to use #sprintslam and the name of a player in the Dunk Contest tonight to vote for their favorite dunker (yes, as lame as it sounds) and Esposito was making a joke that Rodney could be the winner and would be his vote.

Go Gophers!!

Haha, my bad. I completely thought he was making a joke saying Rodney was going to have to do some sprints.

Go Gophers!!
I posted almost the identical thing, then I noticed he changed "Spriteslam" to "SPRINTslam"

I posted almost the identical thing, then I noticed he changed "Spriteslam" to "SPRINTslam"

I guess I didn't even realize that! Maybe you and Gold Vision are correct!

Go Gophers!!

The irony is that they didn't stall against Iowa on the road and ended up losing anyway. We had a 10 point lead and was jacking up shots w/out letting anytime lapse. I guess Tubby saw that how that ended and didn't wanna risk a repeat.

That being said, why didn't Rodney take on Draymond one on one during that critical possession when I believe Austin lost the ball? Rodney had a pathway to the basket and just passed it off. No excuse for that one.

While I don't necessarily agree with the stall offense it isn't the only reason they lost. I'd of maybe started the offense at 15 seconds instead of 10. Not the way I would have coached it, but an argument can be made for the stall.

However, Iowa didn't score a field goal against Wisconsin for over 7 minutes at the end of the game. They won, because they got stops on defense. Minnesota did not. So while you can blame tubby for the offense, letting MSU score at will was all defense.

Good for Rodney, Tubby just has to go, I can hardly stand to watch the product anymore. A coach with a pair between his legs would have told our guys to keep attacking, make a statement, and win convincingly.

While I don't necessarily agree with the stall offense it isn't the only reason they lost. I'd of maybe started the offense at 15 seconds instead of 10. Not the way I would have coached it, but an argument can be made for the stall.

However, Iowa didn't score a field goal against Wisconsin for over 7 minutes at the end of the game. They won, because they got stops on defense. Minnesota did not. So while you can blame tubby for the offense, letting MSU score at will was all defense.

Agreed. Did Rodney happen to mention why he made such a stupid foul with the game in the balance and shot clock about to expire?

Top Bottom