Gopher Hockey Forum?

DLguy

Reaction score
What would be the chances of getting a hockey forum on Gopher Hole? Hockey is a very popular sport, and it would be nice to see if we can get the same kind of attention as the other 2 main forums. I know there is already Gopherpucklive, but that site is so hard to follow anything with there format.

I've been wondering the same thing, DL. GPL is a much more active forum for hockey discussion, but I find it a bit odd that there isn't much chatter on GopherHole. It would be nice having everything under one 'roof,' I guess.

Agreed. And GPL is a nightmare to navigate. If you want to talk strictly about how Budish has been playing the last 6 games, you have to put your post in thread that is 8 months long and 10 pages, otherwise you get yelled at. Plus, I want to go to 1 website for all my Gopher information.

would also like to see a wrestling board, 2012 national duals champions!

Not to take anything away from wrestling, but hockey has a much larger following. And a good hockey forum would increase visits to this site.

I also believe having a wrestling forum would increase traffic to the site. But that was an anticipated response from the hockey crowd.

As someone who has run forums before (granted not one of this size) it is hard to give a certain group their own forum without knowing that there will be a lot of support for it already. From what I can tell, there is not enough discussion on here to warrant hockey having it's own forum and unless there is a large group of people that come out and say "I'd post in a hockey forum" it will be difficult to validate dedicating a forum to hockey.

Also, it seems to me that the staff of GopherHole is devoted to Basketball and Football (based on the Records and Recruiting databases). GopherHole is for profit and these are the sports that bring the most hits.

We have invested more resources into hockey this year with the addition of Thom Wynn who has been at every home Gopher game from the press box where he has tweeted from the GopherHole twitter account and has also been writing game recaps. We hope to continue to grow our hockey coverage as we are all Gopher hockey fans in addition to basketball and football.

As someone who has run forums before (granted not one of this size) it is hard to give a certain group their own forum without knowing that there will be a lot of support for it already. From what I can tell, there is not enough discussion on here to warrant hockey having it's own forum and unless there is a large group of people that come out and say "I'd post in a hockey forum" it will be difficult to validate dedicating a forum to hockey.

Also, it seems to me that the staff of GopherHole is devoted to Basketball and Football (based on the Records and Recruiting databases). GopherHole is for profit and these are the sports that bring the most hits.

I would absolutely post in a hockey forum. Its my favorite Gopher sport, and if there was discussion going on, I would participate in it more than the other sports.

I would absolutely post in a hockey forum. Its my favorite Gopher sport, and if there was discussion going on, I would participate in it more than the other sports.
A big thing is not just your willingness to discuss it but also possibility of bringing people here? Just a thought. Can always have enough discussion in this part of the board to warrant a new section.

We have invested more resources into hockey this year with the addition of Thom Wynn who has been at every home Gopher game from the press box where he has tweeted from the GopherHole twitter account and has also been writing game recaps. We hope to continue to grow our hockey coverage as we are all Gopher hockey fans in addition to basketball and football.
I did not mean to speak for you, just was posting my observations and thoughts.

I have a bunch of freinds that are die-hard hockey fans. I think if there was a forum to talk Gopher Hockey, it would bring them to the site which would get them looking at the other forums and increasing their interest in those sports.

have to agree GPL is terrible. Count this as my vote for a Hockey Forum!!!

"if you build it; they will come."

I love GPL...I think it is much better then the format here. To each their own. To start a new forum over here, you would need to bring in all new blood, because I'm sure most of the diehards over there aren't going to come over here from GPL.

Count me in as someone who would post here on a hockey forum. GPL is too hard to keep up with.

I have never been a big Gopher hockey fan until recently. Oddly I become a fan this year and its been 32 years since I have lived in my native Minnesota. My cable package airs many Gopher Hockey games and I'm hooked. Even my wife, who chides me for being a Gopher football fan, has become a Gopher Hockey fan. She likes Nate Condon, but mostly because she can accentuate her fake Minnesota accent while saying his name. Gopher Hockey Board!!

I love GPL...I think it is much better then the format here. To each their own. To start a new forum over here, you would need to bring in all new blood, because I'm sure most of the diehards over there aren't going to come over here from GPL.

I'm on both, and agree fully.

Lovely!! I have been meaning to 'complain' about the lack of a Hockey forum, just never got around to it. Thanks GH staff!!!

Top Bottom