Bo Ryan - The Face of An Angry Coach: A Picture Collage

Because you spend most of the year trashing and complaining about how mean and lewd and drunk and crude Wisconsin fans are. Which makes this national publication that's assigning that honor to your crappy crowd instead pretty funny.

I'm sure we'll be all be treated to such creative, new releases like "FU-- BO RYAN (for beating us on a regular basis while serving as a model for how we wish our program looked and accomplishing what our program has not been able to)!!!"

Again. Classic Minnesota. Concentrate on ripping the opposing team instead of cheering for your own.

It will be funny when the "F Bo Ryan" chants turn into "Fire Tubby" half way through the second half.

You need to support your team and coach instead of spending so much time on ripping them apart.

That's the secret to the whole "Minnesota Curse."

Yeah, I wish instead of "F%*& Bo Ryan" our student section could come up with something really creative, like Camp Randall's "Eat sh%t" and "f*#k you".

Also, Unregistered User f%&#ed your mother last night.

Eat sh&t. F&*% you.

At this point, I'd take an angry coach. At this point, I'd take a player with a smug grin on his face. At this point, I'd take a boring offense that's executed competently and happens to outscore the opponent's.

My sentiments exactly!!!!!

wow this thred shows your true colors keep it klassy minnesota........
and this link just proves everyone else knows it.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/p...11/back-basket-weekly-look-college-basketball

Someone else mentioned it, but I don't think you have a leg to stand on considering that chanting "Eat sh**! F*** you!" is a tradition at Wisconsin sporting events.

Also we generally save the "F*** (insert coach here)" chant almost exclusively for Bo Ryan when he goes absolutely ape on the officials as he always does. I kind of wish we hadn't done it to Izzo this year, but he admittedly put the game on hold for quite awhile talking to a referee and didn't get T'd up.

FU/ Eat Poo is at least a visual spectacle, and in my opinion way funnier and original than the annual "F-Bo-Ryan" chant that the Minnesota students do every year before they lose yet again to Wisconsin.

Plus Wisconsin students do it, they are sarcastically directing their chant at each other and not toward the visiting coach.

Finally, Wisconsin tends to win it's home games in football and basketball which makes it less embarrassing when it happens. Isn't it embarrassing to do that chant to a coach who has beaten you so much over the years, like Bo Ryan and Tom Izzo? It sort of putting a highlight on that fact.

Again... less time focusing on other teams and more time rooting on your own.

That will cure "The Minnesota Curse".

I guarantee it.

FU/ Eat Poo is at least a visual spectacle, and in my opinion way funnier and original than the annual "F-Bo-Ryan" chant that the Minnesota students do every year before they lose yet again to Wisconsin.

Plus Wisconsin students do it, they are sarcastically directing their chant at each other and not toward the visiting coach.

Finally, Wisconsin tends to win it's home games in football and basketball which makes it less embarrassing when it happens. Isn't it embarrassing to do that chant to a coach who has beaten you so much over the years, like Bo Ryan and Tom Izzo? It sort of putting a highlight on that fact.

I guarantee it.

The bold part coming from a guy with multiple posts on an opposing team's message board in one day.

I guarantee it.

We've actually won 2 of the last 3 against Wisconsin in the Barn, and the one loss was in overtime, but I can see your point.

Unfortunately, a lot of Gopher fans would prefer to tear into the teams and coaches when things go bad instead of continue cheering.

Somewhat unrelated but I was reading Buckyville a bit the other day, and was a little surprised to see some posters bashing Patrick Reusse for how much he rips the Gophers. I was surprised because first of all I don't know the name of anyone who reports on Wisconsin sports, and no one brings up Wisconsin reporters here, and because I figured you guys would be encouraging such behavior.

I guarantee it.

Agree on the closing part. Minnesota fans hate the Gophers more than Badger fans. And that says something about our fans, not Wisconsin.

That said, go gophers. Be cheering them on to win tomorrow by 60!!!!

The bold part coming from a guy with multiple posts on an opposing team's message board in one day.

+1.

I think the funniest quote on GH came from Radio Badger earlier this year. He was commenting in a GH thread that was enjoying one of UW's early football losses. He said something like "it's sad when you have to take enjoyment from the accomplishment of others."

Classic Badger Fans.

My theory is the most obnoxious Badger and Hawkeye fans are the ones that actually live in Minnesota. The out of state ones really don't care all that much. Where are you from Morning Calm?

I am amazed at the number of badger fans that come on and comment and post here. Maybe I have less time than others (but if you ask my wife....she complains about how much time I spend on "that stupid gopher board") but I have never gone and posted on their board. Just out of curiosity, how many of you gopher holders do go on other team sites and post?

Sure... but my school doesn't have an ongoing, 50+ year history of losing because it's fan base insists on tearing itself and it's team apart instead of surrounding them with positive support.

Sure... but my school doesn't have an ongoing, 50+ year history of losing because it's fan base insists on tearing itself and it's team apart instead of surrounding them with positive support.

So that's why you post on a Gopher message board?

No, I'm posting on the Gopher message board because my team is playing the Gophers tomorrow and therefore it has something to do with my team which I'm very interested in and support in whatever way I can. I'll also be attending the game in the Barn tomorrow.

No, I'm posting on the Gopher message board because my team is playing the Gophers tomorrow and therefore it has something to do with my team which I'm very interested in and support in whatever way I can. I'll also be attending the game in the Barn tomorrow.

for+your+mom.+it+only+took+them+1+year_8e79a6_4305878.jpg

You Badger fans all show up whenever the word "Wisconsin" is typed here and I've never understood it. Are you lonely? Insecure? Do you feel like you're defending Bucky's honor by coming here?

Is that an alternative to the Wiener mobile?

So you enjoy the discussion about your team since we are playing them today? But we're not supposed to talk about them but concentrate on our own team? Keep talking in circles. An it looks like you are a Minnesota Badger fan. Makes sense.

I am amazed at the number of badger fans that come on and comment and post here. Maybe I have less time than others (but if you ask my wife....she complains about how much time I spend on "that stupid gopher board") but I have never gone and posted on their board. Just out of curiosity, how many of you gopher holders do go on other team sites and post?

I don't post on other team's message boards, but I do read them from time to time, sometimes to see what their perspective is on a recently past or upcoming game against Gophers. When your team loses games, you have a tendency to pick it apart and say, "If this little thing happened/didn't happen, we probably win this game," but you don't really do that when you win. I was reading an Illinois board before our game against them, partially to see their reactions to the huge win over Indiana and to see what they thought about they thought before our game last week as well as our game earlier in the year, and they pointed out that we shot 60% from 3 against them while they shot 12.5%, and that if we each would have shot our season average they would have won, and stuff like that that goes in your team's favor, but you don't notice it because you're winning.

I also browse Buckyville from time to time to see what they're talking about and sometimes there's Gopher-related stuff on there that I read. I've also seen direct links from that board to ours, usually about how Gopherhole is just an absolute comedy goldmine. They seem to be very condescending toward us, and act they have owned us for all of time, despite the fact that it's been pretty much the other way around except for the last 15-20 years.

I was also reading an Iowa game-thread for their game at the Barn this year, and most of them didn't seem too happy for most of the game, even when they were winning. Then of course even after we had won, with a great atmosphere to end the game, instead of the obligatory "Fire Tubby" thread after every single loss, there was a "Tubby should have been fired if we had lost" thread. Gotta love Minnesota fans. It seemed neither side was happy after that game.

This seems like a bit of a chicken and egg conundrum. Do we have a 50-year history of losing because our team's supposed fans rip them constantly, or do our fans constantly rip the teams because of their losing history? I do appreciate and an am somewhat jealous of the fact that a greater proportion of Wisconsin fans seem to, you know, actually like the team. Of course a lot of the fans that only rip the team say that they're tired of losing, and whenever we dare to say something bad about another team, they come on to tell us how much we suck and that we shouldn't say such things about other teams. But you have to wonder if they would really even like it if we won. We have fans that never post when we're winning, and only come on after losses to start "Fire (insert coach here)" threads, and then just like to remind us that we suck should we ever start to think otherwise. They never talk about the wins, they wallow in every loss, and if we ever start winning, they remind us that historically we don't win.

Went on a bit of a rant, but yeah, I know exactly the sorts of fans you are referring to, and I think they enjoy wallowing in the pain of defeat more than enjoying a win, and will quickly apologize for wins that they don't think we deserved. I really wish we didn't have so many of those fans. You should have seem them on the Gophers' Facebook pages after this last football recruiting class was signed. They saw 12th in the Big Ten and latched onto the negativity instead of actually looking up what that means, and that our class would have moved up to about 8th if had signed a couple more low-end 3-star recruits.

Knowing this guy is sleeping in our beloved state tonight makes my blood boil.

F BO RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Bo. I love Bo.

Duck Boat Riot!!!

I lol'd.

Anyways, I do not understand why you would come on to another teams message board and try to berate their fans for getting excited about a rivalry game. Do you expect them to say nice things about the others coach and players? Really?!?!? I am a fan of both teams as I grew up in WI but went to college in MN and lived there for 5 years (now live elsewhere). But if I was not a fan, why post here? You will never win an argument on an opposing teams message board and most importantly you will get owned by the fans. I love Bo Ryan but I also find this thread funny because I am certainly aware of his sideline antics.

Top Bottom