Roman blog: Improvements needed at Mariucci, Lucia says

Clearly Don has heard Tubby's pleas for a practice facility. As the Strib's column 1 "what they may be doing today" said, Don wants to make sure he gets his place in line with a new president & (future) new AD.

I agree with Lucia. The move to the Big Ten Conference has the Gophers competing nationally, Mariucci is a great game day experience, but the bowels of the stadium could be reconfigured and upgraded to benefit the team.

Also the scoreboard is dated and the sound system is really really bad.

The big boys of college hockey (UND, DU, BU) caught up from a facilities standpoint, now the wanna be big boys (Notre Dame, St. Cloud, UM-Duluth) have caught up too.

Time to stay ahead of the pack

I'd be a heckuva of a lot more receptive to improving Marriucci if he just concentrated on doing his job (ie..making the team better). He already has more than enough resources at his disposal to keep this program one of the very best in the country and still the team is mired in mediocrity. So now he's going to start using the improvements to Marriucci card? Sorry Don, try making the NCAAs more than once every four years and then talk about improving the dang arena.

I'd be a heckuva of a lot more receptive to improving Marriucci if he just concentrated on doing his job (ie..making the team better). He already has more than enough resources at his disposal to keep this program one of the very best in the country and still the team is mired in mediocrity. So now he's going to start using the improvements to Marriucci card? Sorry Don, try making the NCAAs more than once every four years and then talk about improving the dang arena.

Agreed, when I saw this thread, my first thought is that Mariuccci's biggest need is better defensemen. Justin Holl and Ben Marshall are turnover machines, which is a scary thing to be when there is no one but the goalie behind you.

totally agree on the scoreboard. recently went to the x for a wild game and that scoreboard is insane. i don't expect gophs to go that nice but it sure does enhance the fan experience.

I agree. You are in the hotbed of talent with pretty good facilities. Winning is what brings recruits in!!!

Top Bottom