It's Time: 7th Annual GopherHole Survey

DL65

Reaction score
I hope you take time to fill out this year's questionnaire! It's your opportunity to provide feedback to the GopherHole Staff about the site - what you like or dislike. They're wanting hear what you have to say and they welcome your suggestions. The demographic portion is a means to introduce or reintroduce yourselves to the membership and illustrate the makeup of GopherHole. The last section is meant to be fun.

Please share your comments about the survey in other threads. And please practice the Golden Rule. We welcome fans of other schools/teams to participate.

When the survey responses wane, I'll close the survey and begin compiling the results. Survey results will be posted in separate threads. Thank you for participating!!

Now to this year's queestionnaire:

Age: 64 Gender: Male # of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 57 Minnesota Native: Yes Hometown: Detroit Lakes Current Residence: Knoxville, Iowa Post Secondary Degree(s): BA Moorhead State College. Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes - FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No IF yes (optional), what section are your seats and how many season tickets do you hold?

What do you like about GopherHole? The humor and insights of its members . . . features by Nadine, Rob Litt, Chris Monter, SelectionSunday, Thom Wynn . . . links by BleedGopher et.al. What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacking of threads, which more often than not descends to name calling and bickering which frequently makes the threads unreadable, and, as a result, I believe, has led to the departure of some long time members and the hesitancy of new members or lurkers from actively joining and posting on GopherHole. What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Interviews with an opposing team broadcaster or sportswriter to get their take on the Gophers upcoming opponent. Post-game analysis by a knowledgeable poster or staff member (what went right or wrong).
If you donated to GopherHole this year, what compelled you to do so? I want to support GopherHole efforts for continuous improvement. I will donate in the future as well. If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? N/A
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? facebook If so, would you like to see us post more on twitter? Absolutely, even if I don’t use twitter. What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Great! I like the look and ease of navigation and the various links (History and Stats, Gopher Traditions, expanded recruiting coverage). I would like to see more Where Are They Now features, however.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Minnesota 25 Iowa 21 November 20, 1999 at Kinnick Stadium. Minnesota rallied with ten 4th quarter points to go up by four on the Hawks. With time running out the Hawks drove to Gophers three-yard line. On fourth and goal Sean Hoffman batted down a pass in the end zone to end the game! What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Football: The 1962 team had five shutouts (Missouri, Navy, Illinois, Michigan and Iowa) in a nine-game season. In all, they gave up 61 points, with the Northwestern game being the most given up, 34. A dominating defense!
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota March
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Jim Croce’s Bad, Bad Leroy Brown.

Go Gophers!!

Long-time lurker. Here's my survey (didn't complete one last year):

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 34
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Crystal
Current Residence: Owatonna, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS & MS from University of Minnesota
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes (at least the last couple of years)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole? I need my GopherHole fix everyday. There's always some interesting conversation going on. Yes, I like the features and am glad they're posted in this forus since I don't usually go to the front page. By the way, I also really like your (DL65's) weekly summaries of the Sports Huddle. Look forward to that every week.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacking of threads
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? No suggestions
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Make it easier to donate. Don't just have a donation drive once a year.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? No
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? An improvement but I have trouble loading the forum pages. Sometimes I have to refresh several times in order for it to pop up.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Tough question. Don't have a good answer but both Minnesota victories that I witnessed this year were suspenseful (over Miami of Ohio and Iowa)
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? We had a good defense? :)
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Don't really have one.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Metallica - Seek & Destroy

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 3
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Pittsburgh
Current Residence: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degree(s): Junior at the University of Minnesota
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes/both

What do you like about GopherHole? DL65's Sports Huddle recaps, Bleed's links, other's perspectives. Growing up in PA, my Gopher history knowledge was lacking. This forum has changed that. I have learned some schematic football through some posters on here, especially in the trenches.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Threads that go off topic.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? None
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Once I'm no longer a broke student.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like the extra bells and whistles.
What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2011 Iowa FB
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Well since I've only been here 3 years, I'd say 2009 FB
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Pre-game M formation
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Van Halen - Jump; or Right Now, also by Van Halen

Thanks for conducting the survey again DL65 and thanks to all that participate!

If it helps, here is the info for you to copy and paste:

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball):
Minnesota Native:
Hometown:
Current Residence:
Post Secondary Degree(s):
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year:
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:

What do you like about GopherHole?
What do you dislike about GopherHole?
What improvements or changes would you like implemented?
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future?
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter?
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades?

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person?
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection?
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose?

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 6
Hometown: Batavia, IL
Current Residence: Batavia, IL
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS University of Minnesota Working on MSEd, Northern Illinois
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: yes, both, often on the road as well
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Not yet...

What do you like about GopherHole? I like information and seeing updates. I also like intelligent discussion and insight.

What do you dislike about GopherHole? People who don't understand the games. Trolls (even thought there have been less). Still too many threads, but it has been getting better.

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Next game Button, continued good moderation/thread movement

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? More disposable income, I'll get there eventually.

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Both @hodgechris5

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I really liked them. Solid work!

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gopher Hoops vs. Illinois in Champaign this season. Or, the first game at the bank

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 2009 Gopher hoops team.

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Hail Minnesota or the Rouser

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? NSFW LANGUAGE
This: or This: Why the hell not?

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 1.5
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Current Residence: Minneapolis, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): Working on it...
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football and Basketball

What do you like about GopherHole? Sharing ideas, getting through the offseason, seeing different points of view
What do you dislike about GopherHole? In fighting, pessimism, threads derailing
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? No idea
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? More insider news.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Both
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love them.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Iowa vs. Minnesota 2011-Gray rushing it in on 4th down while being in the student section was insane. Then rushing the field.

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Haven't seen many games to sample, but the Illinois vs. Minnesota 2011 game had great defense.

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota Rouser

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose?
No clue

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 2.5
Hometown: Appleton, WI
Current Residence: Milwaukee, WI / Appleton, WI
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS, University of Minnesota
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Last year yes, this year no

What do you like about GopherHole? The high concentration of Gophers/recruiting/college sports news and information
What do you dislike about GopherHole? N/A
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? N/A
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Financial stability (haha)
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Facebook yes, Twitter no
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love them. They allow for a more comprehensive experience.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2010 homecoming vs. Northwestern
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 2011-12 basketball
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Besides the Rouser? Go Gopher Victory.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Bring It On Home - Led Zeppelin

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 5
Hometown: Plymouth, WI
Current Residence: Madison, WI
Post Secondary Degree(s): U of M Animal Science Major, working on DVM at University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Try to attend a football game every year

What do you like about GopherHole? I enjoy all the info about recruiting
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Posters bashing each other over opinions, and posters who are down about everything.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? A forum specifically dedicated to recruiting.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? When I am done paying for professional school.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes @ahintz2 on twitter
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Excellent

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The last game vs. Northwestern in the Dome.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? IDK, maybe the 1st game in the Bank against Air Force
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota March
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Through the Fire and Flames (probably impossible, I know)

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 44
Minnesota Native: yes
Hometown: Houston, MN
Current Residence: Windom, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA, Augsburg College, Mpls. Broadcasting certificate from Brown Institute, Mps.
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Used to - but not for a few yrs now due to distance from Twin Cities and job requirements.
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No (The company I work for has season tickets, but we generally give the seats away to customers.)

What do you like about GopherHole? Information on recruits. The Feeling of a community - even if the community has a few oddballs in it.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Pointless arguments; opinions presented as facts; threads being hijacked; personal attacks.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? I know it would be labor-intensive, but more supervisor/moderation to keep things civil.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? A big raise at work.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Bleep, No. Twitter is the single biggest waste of time in recorded human history.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Getting used to them.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gopher BB vs. undefeated Indiana team at a jam-packed Williams Arena in 1976 (yr that IU went undefeated under Knight and won National Championship).
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?
Maybe one of the Gopher BB teams in era where they had Mc Hale and Mychal Thompson on the front line.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? No opinion
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Anything by Springsteen - maybe Jungleland. (or Sweet Jane by Lou Reed.)

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 23
Hometown: Chisholm
Current Residence: Albertville
Post Secondary Degree(s): Geological Engineering, Geology, Geophysics - University of Minnesota '04
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: FB, Section 135

What do you like about GopherHole? Community feeling, informative threads by prominent posters, Chris Monter interviews
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Trolls, thread hijacks
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? A little more moderation on the boards would help
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Already donated
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, both
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Looks really good, love the new additions

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Michigan 2005 or Michigan St 1998 in football, probably Georgia or Georgia Tech in 2002 for basketball
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Best FB defense was probably the 1999 squad
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? John Philip Sousa's MINNESOTA MARCH (or anything by my old trombone section)
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Anything within a year of the song being released

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): As long as I can remember.

Hometown: Harmony, MN

Current Residence: Moorhead, MN

Post Secondary Degree(s): BS Winona State, MA University of St.Thomas.

Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: I try

What do you like about GopherHole? Chris Monter's interviews, GopherLady's articles, DL65's summaries, Many More things.

What do you dislike about GopherHole? Just the childish and immature name-calling and insulting comments about our players and Coaches.
The guys and gals in the front lines, playing their game, are part of the solution. The whiners and bellyachers and complainers and insulters on GopherHole who complain and ream out our athletes while those "experts" who sit on the sideline and spew venom are part of the problem.

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Fine as it is.

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I donate.

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? No.

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Just a good job of everything.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? March 6, 1982, versus Ohio State at the Barn. Gophers won 87-75 to win the Big Ten Title outright. My son, 14 at the time, was with me. Man the Barn was Electric!!!

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1960 National Football Champions under Murray Warmath.

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Sweet Georgia Brown.

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Rock Around the Clock (Bill Haley and the Comets).

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): As long as I can remember, 28 years
Hometown: Cannon Falls
Current Residence: Lakeville
Post Secondary Degree(s): Elementary Education, Education Leadership
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Football
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Season tickets for football

What do you like about GopherHole? Recruiting News
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Posters who think they know everything. Posters that freak out if someone posts about something that doesn't belong on a "Gopher Board"
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? More iPhone friendly
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? ?
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, Twitter
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Very Nice

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Both Iowa games the past two years were pretty good.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? I like when they play Hey Baby or Livin' on a prayer

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 45
Hometown: Austin MN
Current Residence: Plymouth MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS Mankato State
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes - Football

What do you like about GopherHole? Updates - Fan opinions and information
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Posters who feel compelled to jump on others for minor mistakes.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Nothing that I can think of.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Having money to donate.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Nice

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Minnesota - Michigan 2003
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Sorry, Can't think of one that stands out.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? The Bitch is Back

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 30
Hometown: Spencer, IA
Current Residence: Blue Bell, PA
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA Economics, Mathematics and Business Admin from U

What do you like about GopherHole? Opportunity to stay up to date and get insight from people who are closer to the action than me.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Negative people who hijack threads with their own agenda
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Survivor mode...nominate worst posters each quarter and vote one off the board.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? My circumstance improving...
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love them

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophers-Maine 2002 NCAA Finals Mens Hockey Freaking Awesome!
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1996 Mens BB Team
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Welcome to the Jungle

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 44. You could say I was born one. Third generation Gopher fan. Grandmother was at Memorial Stadium dedication vs. Illinois and Red Grange.
Hometown: Born in Willmar, raised in South St. Paul and Woodbury
Current Residence: East Bethel
Post Secondary Degree(s): 2 years at U, BA Augsburg College.
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Football
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football

What do you like about GopherHole? Get news quickly, some very interesting threads, very passionate fans (both good and bad), GopherLady, Monter, Dr. Don makes me laugh.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacked threads. Wren. Budgie and Hogeye lurkers.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Lookin' pretty good.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Unknown.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, FB.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Lookin' good.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 1) Purdue 2005 42-35 2OT, 2) Wisconsin 2003 Rhys Lloyd FG wins game, 3) Iowa 2011 4) Iowa 2010
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Football 1977, held 7 opponents to 17 points or less, beat UCLA, Washington, #1 Michigan (16-0). Defensive tackle Steve Midboe named All-Big Ten first team. Defensive tackle Mark Merrill and defensive back Bobby Weber were named All-Big Ten second team.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Questions 67 & 68 (by Chicago--it's the theme from the old "Bud Grant Show")

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 33
Hometown: Shoreview
Current Residence: Maple Grove
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA, M.Ed.
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes (FB)

What do you like about GopherHole? Message board discussions, recruit interviews

What do you dislike about GopherHole? Nothing, really...trolls, but they're everywhere.

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I usually donate...sorry I did not this year! Nothing you did...just my laziness.

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? No

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Honestly, I haven't noticed a ton. I really only use the football message board...I definitely like it.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2011 football vs. Iowa

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Ugh...probably 1999 football?

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? MINNESOTA MARCH!

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Anything by Pearl Jam

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 24
Hometown: Norseland
Current Residence: North St. paul
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS U of M Twin Cities, Working on MA.

What do you like about GopherHole? Opportunity to share thougths and read others. Catch the pulse of the fans and hot topics around Gopher football.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Pissing matches and personal attacks.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Me having the money to do so.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Both
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like them. Mostly the added photos and articles.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 1997 Illinois at MN basketball game.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1998 Football and 1997 Basketball
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Eye of the Tiger or Iron Man

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 31
Hometown: RWF
Current Residence: Green Lake WI
Post Secondary Degree(s):
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Try
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:No

What do you like about GopherHole? closer feel to "my team," insightful posters who are closer to insiders than myself, humor and quick wit from posters
What do you dislike about GopherHole? badger fans, "Gopher fans" who are more negative than positive
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future?
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter?
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Good

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? tough one...
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? I liked everything about the 97 BB team
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? seriously... (I like the band, but do not care what they play)
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? don't care

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 8
Minnesota Native: Yes (although I did not live there very long as a youth)
Hometown: Saint Paul, MN
Current Residence: Chicago, IL
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA from University of Minnesota, MS from Boston University
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, football. Split tickets with my dad and brother.

What do you like about GopherHole? Not being an avid reader of the StarTrib or PP, I come to GopherHole to receive Gopher-related news. As a resource it has proved great, and provides me with perspectives and knowledge I would not otherwise have had.

What do you dislike about GopherHole? The tension between people who feel like the sky is falling, and people who feel like we'll do no wrong. It is OK to have dissenting opinions, and refreshing to read well-thought out defenses to unpopular positions, but unfortunately those do not happen as often as I would like, and it descends into a shouting match.

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? I'd like to implement a "rep" points system (another board I'm on that uses vBulletin uses the system). You can give reputation to posts you like, and moderators/admins can "negatively rep" posts which detract or do not add to the conversation. Those with too low a rep score may get a cool-down period.

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Not sure. I have not donated to a forum in the past and probably would not in the future, although I understand the sacrifice taken by those who run the deal.

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? I follow Facebook and some Twitter, however I do not follow GopherHole through these outlets.

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like them a lot! The new design is much more user-friendly and catches us up to what other major forums are doing.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2005 football @ Michigan. Couldn't believe Gary Russell broke free down the sidelines as we were trying to run the clock out. Winning the jug for the first time in 17 years was special.

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Best is a relative term, but I was happy with the defense Ted Roof put out there in 2008.

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota Rouser, bar none.

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Eye of the Tiger, I guess? I'd be a fan of the band learning some LMFAO.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 12
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI
Current Residence: Chicago, IL
Post Secondary Degree(s): Sport Studies and Media Studies from the U (2004)
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yessir
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football

What do you like about GopherHole? The message boards are a great way to get info
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Not much, the more content and inside articles the better. Idiot banter and commenting for no reason on the message boards. It's the best part of the site because good information and topics are discussed. But, it often gets bogged down with idiot banter.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Don't know of anything earth-shattering
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Yes
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Twitter
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Solid

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2005 vs. Wisconsin. The blocked punt for a touchdown at the end of the game was just brutal. 2003 vs. Michigan is a close second (another loss). It was the game where the Gophs were up big and for some reason could not defend Chris Perry and the screen pass. Michigan mounted a huge comeback and won. Extremely disappointing.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? To be honest, neither the basketball team nor football team has had a great defense since I started at the U in 2000.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Rouser of course
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? I'm a bit new school in this and actually prefer music being pumped in on the speakers. The student section (when they attend) gets a little more pumped for this, as I would assume the players as well.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 29
Hometown: Detroit Lakes
Current Residence: St Louis Park
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.S. University of Minnesota
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Both (3 FB, 2 BB)

What do you like about GopherHole? Updates on recruiting, information about the team, links to articles, basic discussion
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Posters with attitudes that think they are better than other posters. Gets annoying to read when going thru threads.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Like it as is.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? A description as to what the donation money is used for.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? both
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Very positive

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 03 Michigan (in a bad way)
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? All the school songs

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): all 22 years
Hometown: Bloomington
Current Residence: Rochester
Post Secondary Degree(s): Finance at U of St. Thomas
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Every football game and 4 or 5 big ten basketball games
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football only

What do you like about GopherHole? I like the overall rube culture, there are not that many of us out there in Gopher Nation (Get that chili hot). I like the twitter account because it is sometimes hard to keep up during busy work weeks so just following them keeps me up to date on the most relevant gopher info. Overall respectful message board. I like the articles and interviews by the GH Staff and DL65's sunday morning reviews.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? The highjacking of almost every thread on idiotic side topics. It is really annoying and it is usually about grammar, star ratings, 40 times etc.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? More articles about potential recruits. Increase in articles with updates on current commits. Maybe more fan pieces or "culture" interviews not necessarily directly related to Gopher sports but the atmosphere or culture ( for example, tailgating traditions etc.)
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Now that I have graduated and am employed I will.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes and Love them.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? It is nice, but I wish it was all maroon and gold. The site seems to run a lot slower since the upgrade and I know other Gh'ers have said that too.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Not gunna say the bad games, i'll go probably away games at USC with Shortell and the rowdy Gopher fan section. Or the game in madison a few years back where it snowed and we led into the 4th quarter.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? The Tyrone Carter days.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Anything up-beat and more modern day. It gets the fans into it a lot more than a slow classic song.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Kashmir or Paradise City

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 25 or since I can remember! haha
Hometown: Wheaton, MN
Current Residence: Wheaton, MN/Sisseton, SD - I commute sometimes for work.
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.A. MSU-Moorhead, M.S. - University of Minnesota
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, mostly FB, try to make 1 B-ball a year.
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, football for 7 years now.

What do you like about GopherHole? I enjoy the links to articles off of gopherhole posted by Bleed alot. In reality, there are very few things i disslike about it.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Wren. Haha. Seriously though, I wish there were a Other Schools board or Smack talk board to keep NDSU and other fans from posting articles in the main GOPHER football thread.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? See above.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Yes, I should've donated this year, just haven't gotten around to it
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, follow GH on both! Love your guys' Twitter feed!
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I really enjoy them! More content is always better!

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The last two Iowa Games this year and last year, which were awesome by the way! And, the 2003 Michigan debacle, that was awful
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? I think it was the '08 squad with Roof that just created a crazy amount of turnovers. Sadly, that is the best one. :(
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Rouser right as the team runs on the field! Or, Battle Hymm of the Republic
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? I am partial to "Holiday" By Green Day. Mainly because i love Green Day. Also, Living on Prayer is pretty solid!

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): roughly 25 years
Hometown: Born in St Paul
Current Residence: Maplewood, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): Yes B.S. in MIS
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes for football

What do you like about GopherHole? Diverse range of topics and opinions on the message boards. I like Selection Sunday's contributions in the basketball forum. I also like the redesign of the site.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Trolls
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Wish there was more Gopher hockey content and discussions. GopherPuckLive isn't my cup of tea and even if it was it's kind of a fraternity over there.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I've donated previously.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Like the look and feel. Content could expand more.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophs vs Michigan (football) in '03.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? The basketball teams with Bennett and Burleson, while flawed, played some stellar defense.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Hail Minnesota.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Don't care.

# of years gopher football and basketball fan: 62
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
Current residence: St. Louis Park, MN
Post Secondary Degrees: Dartmouth College (1963), Univ. of Michigan Law School (1966).
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: yes
Football season ticket holder: yes, four tickets since 1982
What do you like best about Gopherhole: Recruit interviews, volleyball threads, DL65 on Sports Huddle.
What do you like least about Gopherhole: personal attacks by posters - smack by posters from other schools.
Donate this year: yes. Did donate in past, but stopped because of Loon's posts.
Do you follow Gopherhole on facebook or twitter: no
What is the most suspenseful game you witnessed in person: Victory over Michigan in Ann Arbor in 1986. Lohmiller's fieldgoal won the game as time ran out.
Which Gopher football/basketball team had the best defense: 1977 football team. Held Michigan scoreless.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection: Rouser.
If you could select one rock song for Band: Anything that whips up fans.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 18
Hometown: Sauk Rapids
Current Residence: Nokomis, Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS from University of Minnesota
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, football, Sect 243

What do you like about GopherHole? A great resource for Gopher fans. I like reading insight from those that know more about recruiting and the game in general than I do. The OT board is also fun.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? The banner ads are strange.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Eh...
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Less banner ads for Asian singles and private jets.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Very cool header.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Unfortunately, the most suspenseful games are usually loses. The '05 loss to Wisconsin with the blocked punt with :30 left is probably the most "suspenseful". I literally pushed a Wisconsin fan down the stairs.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? '99 FB with Carter, Riley, and my all-time favorite Gopher Willie Middlebrooks
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Our Minnesota
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Joy to the World by Three Dog Night

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball):6
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Current Residence: Cincinnati, OH
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS in Electrical Engineering
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Not now

What do you like about GopherHole? Hearing lots about recruiting, articles with coaches and players, the passion of the fans
What do you dislike about GopherHole? When threads are derailed, meltdowns after losses, feeding of obvious trolls
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? More moderation of threads/reform of board rules about respect for other posters, recruits, coaches, ect
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Possibility of winning something (a la something that is donated by a poster or parent)
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? A+

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Minnesota-Iowa football 2010
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 2009 Gopher football
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Don't Stop Believin'
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? "The Final Countdown" by Europe

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 10
Hometown: Green Bay
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS and MBA from the U
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes - Football

What do you like about GopherHole? All the recruiting and player information. And just getting other people's opinion.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? The grammar police. The people who think they know everything and aren't open to other people's opinion.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Can't think of any right now
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I will probably donate soon.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like them. I like the Williams fading into TCF banner image. Classy.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The horrible Badger game at the dome in 2005
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Maybe the 09-10 Tubby team that held Purdue to under 50 in the Big10 Tourney.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? No favorites
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Not a rock fan. I'd go hip-hop. How about Ludacris - Move B!tch...

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 27
Hometown: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA Business Administration
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No, Hockey though.

What do you like about GopherHole? That it exists
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Most of the posters and blind homers that talk down to anyone with a different point of view.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Ban the walrus.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Nothing.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, twitter.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Meh, mostly style over substance.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2002 Gopher Hockey Nat'l Champ
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? A good Gopher defense? Surely you jest!
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? None, stick to the school songs.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 34 (primarily Gopher basketball)
Minnesota Native: yes (and no) -- spent good chunk of childhood in Illinois.
Hometown: Defeat of Jesse James territory
Current Residence: Twin Cities
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA in Journalism/New Editorial from St. Thomas
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: hoops season tickets since 92-93

What do you like about GopherHole? basketball forum (Discussing Gopher & college basketball with other hoopheads. Appreciate and respect contributions of Bleed, Coolhand, Sal, From the Barn, Mulligan & Holy Man to name a few.)
What do you dislike about GopherHole? trolls who show up only to stir the pot (it's poison after pretty much any loss because of the trolls)
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? I'd ban more of the idiots (see previous question)
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? n/a
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? no
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Super. Love the new look.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophers-Clemson in 1997 Midwest Regional semis.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? (defenders) Eric Harris-Bobby Jackson guard combo. Guards who can create havoc on D. ... love 'em.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? -- "The Stripper". ... bands played it a lot in the 70's and 80's, it needs to make a comeback. Probably wouldn't be politically correct enough in Minnesota, however.

Top Bottom