Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. Default Looking Ahead at 2013 Recruiting

    Curious as to the prospects we might be dealing with this upcoming year. Any gopher locks (like a Tommy Olson type) or any players from out of state that may have early Gopher ties (like Jamel Harbison). It seems our in-state class this year won't be as talented as 2012. Thoughts/information?


  2. #2

    Default

    im excited to see how keelon brookins out of tartan turns out. incredible athlete and I hope to see him in maroon and gold someday.

  3. #3

    Default

    Keelon Brookins is really fast. I'd imagine he'll end up a CB.

    I don't know who is a Gopher lock, but I know there are a lot of good DE / LB prospects next season.

    A guy I really like is Chris Wipson out of Wayzata. He is progressing into a really good football player. As a SO, he started on a terrific Wayzata football team (a lot of really good defensive players wouldn't start at Wayzata as a SO), he looked good. As a JR, I thought he was the best player on a really good Wayzata defense. I actually think he stood out more than any defensive player on the field in the State Championship game. I don't know how well he can run or what his size really is, but if he is 6'3" 225 lbs and can move decent (appears to), he has a real chance to be a Big 10 football player.

    There is also a kid from Eden Praire, a DT named Renke or something like that, he looks pretty decent.

    Then there is the early big names:
    Michael Flowers - DT - Humboldt
    Keelon Brookins - DB - Tartan
    James Onwualu - RB/WR/S - Cretin
    Steve Schindler - LB - Hutch

    (I don't know any outstate guys)

  4. #4

    Default

    James Onwualu is interesting. has several big time offers early and I feel the Gophers could be in good contention to get this blue-chipper.

  5. Default

    James from Wisconsin is a legacy
    Wheelwright from Ohio is a brother to Gopher legacy

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Keelon Brookins is really fast. I'd imagine he'll end up a CB.

    I don't know who is a Gopher lock, but I know there are a lot of good DE / LB prospects next season.

    A guy I really like is Chris Wipson out of Wayzata. He is progressing into a really good football player. As a SO, he started on a terrific Wayzata football team (a lot of really good defensive players wouldn't start at Wayzata as a SO), he looked good. As a JR, I thought he was the best player on a really good Wayzata defense. I actually think he stood out more than any defensive player on the field in the State Championship game. I don't know how well he can run or what his size really is, but if he is 6'3" 225 lbs and can move decent (appears to), he has a real chance to be a Big 10 football player.

    There is also a kid from Eden Praire, a DT named Renke or something like that, he looks pretty decent.

    Then there is the early big names:
    Michael Flowers - DT - Humboldt
    Keelon Brookins - DB - Tartan
    James Onwualu - RB/WR/S - Cretin
    Steve Schindler - LB - Hutch

    (I don't know any outstate guys)
    Any one know Schindler's List?

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnMarchDTF View Post
    Any one know Schindler's List?
    LOL

  8. Default

    Some really impressive Jr prospects will be on campus in the upcoming weeks, hopefully we can nab a few early big-time commits to keep the momentum going

  9. #9

    Default

    Just came across Brian Walker (CB) a couple days ago on ESPN recruiting. Teammate of Jamel Harbison, and is on the ESPNU 150 watch list. Maybe Jamel could pull him our way? He's got some pretty good offers so far.

    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...1/brian-walker

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curseislifted33 View Post
    Some really impressive Jr prospects will be on campus in the upcoming weeks, hopefully we can nab a few early big-time commits to keep the momentum going
    do you have names of any of the prospects that will be attending?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stillwater
    Posts
    2,243

    Default

    CB Tedric Thompson(Ca) has some connections here, being a teammate and good freind of Brock Vereen and his brother being Cedric Thompson. i think he got an early offer if I'm not mistaken.

    This Davis kid from wisky sounds like a big time athlete that might be a bit lean but with great speed. Hopefully the legacy aspect can hook him away from burt and his drunker badger hooligans.

    Claeys said we might go heavy on linebackers in this next class, up to 5 supposedly, I'd bet at least a few will be longer leaner kids who might put on weight an become DE's.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gophs11 View Post
    do you have names of any of the prospects that will be attending?

    A.J. Natter for one of them.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    KANSAS CITY, MO
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Caleb Leichtnam -RCTC-

    Don't forget the name.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulser21 View Post
    Caleb Leichtnam -RCTC-

    Don't forget the name.
    Is he the saftey who had a ridiculous amount of interceptions?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGopher View Post
    Is he the saftey who had a ridiculous amount of interceptions?
    Yep, that's him. He's an intriguing prospect.
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...aleb-Leichtnam

  16. #16

    Default

    Those are some seriously jaw-dropping numbers no doubt. But 9-man is 9-man and non-scholarship community college football is non-scholarship community college football. RCTC had a great season, but ran in a scholarship program from Iowa (Western I think) and got absolutely murdered.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    KANSAS CITY, MO
    Posts
    720

    Default

    They were 11-1 until getting destroyed 62-0 in their bowl game. I wish Minnesota had a stronger JUCO league but it is what it is for the time being. His stats deserve at least a look this upcomming year.

  18. #18

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEeXE_YojU this kid looks pretty impressive to me. Kind of a safety/lb tweener like the younger Rallis.

  19. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulser21 View Post
    ...I wish Minnesota had a stronger JUCO league...

    no...you really don't...at least not in your neighborhood/community...

  20. Default

    Was unaware that there was another Ekpe; Hendrick Ekpe.

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/tulsa/footba...WCK7OJlPl.uJB4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  










Get Adobe Flash player