new year resolution

Reaction score
I live in Wisconsin, bummer. My neighbors really dislike my gopher attire, I want to fly the biggest gopher flag I can find, just to irritate them, and it will, now to my point
I would love to see us as a group to support Gopher sports like they support their Wiscy teams here in Wisconsin always positive never negative, they show up, support their teams win or loss. Why because they are their teams. They do not complain about their coach or their quarterback, they are just excited about their team. We can learn and become better fans and alone these lines my resolutions are to:
1) Be positive
2) Win or lose, stay until the end of the game
3) show my colors as often as I can, maroon and gold 365 days a year!
4) I need to help show that we are not just fair weather fans but are here for our team no matter what the outcome is
5) positive,positive, positive,even if we are 0-11
6) Anyone know where to get a fifteen foot gopher flag?
7) looking forward to wearing the right colors at packer parties.
Go Gophers- We will win in 2012, even if we lose
What are your gopher resolutions?

The biggest myth is that Wisconsin fans always support their teams. Show me the die-hard Bucks and Brewers fans. All the teams they support are the ones that have had success lately, otherwise they act like you don't exist.

My resolution is to continue recognizing that Wisconsin civilization is inferior in every way possible, and that there is no aspect of their culture that I would wish upon anyone.

I respectfully disagree, I have been married to a wiscy for 25+ years and all her family and friends have supported their squads for this time, and if you go back a number of years we have owned their teams and they still wear those ugly red or green clothes. I have seen it and wish we could be as supportive of our guys.

So let me get this straight. The Gophers haven't been to a Rose Bowl for almost 50 years, haven't won the B1G since 1967, and are coming off a 3-9 season, yet you're on this board Jan. 1, over a month after the season is over, telling us we need to be better fans? Are you out of your mind? I'd argue that the real posters on here are among the most die-hard fans in all of sports. I'd love to read the wisky boards and see their passion when it's 2061 and they haven't been to a Rose Bowl since 2012... like I said above, look no further than to see their excitement for the Bucks and Brewers and that sums it up pretty well.

You could make a huge block M out of Christmas lights and put it on your yard.

Your wife's family and friends aren't necessarily a representative sample.

You could make a huge block M out of Christmas lights and put it on your yard.

I like the Christmas lights idea, will build for next year. I believe you support your team no matter how long the period of futility. Looking at the Chicago Cubs fans as a role model, we are not even in their league,yet! How many years for them, I think I read it is over 103 years.

The biggest myth is that Wisconsin fans always support their teams. Show me the die-hard Bucks and Brewers fans. All the teams they support are the ones that have had success lately, otherwise they act like you don't exist.

My resolution is to continue recognizing that Wisconsin civilization is inferior in every way possible, and that there is no aspect of their culture that I would wish upon anyone.

Miller Park wasn't even close to being sold out in it's first season. By year two, it was barely 50% full. Their fans are no different than most other places.

Top Bottom