Can't wait to National Signing Day...

hungan1

Reaction score
in anticipation of Coach Kill's first complete crop of recruits. I am most worried about Jamel Harbison. He has a chance to be a part of something big with the Gophers.

Happy New Year Gopherholers!

in anticipation of Coach Kill's first complete crop of recruits. I am most worried about Jamel Harbison. He has a chance to be a part of something big with the Gophers.

Happy New Year Gopherholers!
He has the same chance everywhere else though.

Can't wait to National Signing Day...

I can.

Did the Gophers get all the Juco's they wanted?

Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think only the coaching staff knows that answer. I think we signed 5 (3 DB's, RB, and WR). It's nice that a couple will be Sophomores and not Juniors. About the only other position we could use a JUCO is DT. That still would be nice...

Some will start school in 2 weeks. Why would that be top secret stuff? How about the early start high school kids? When does that become known? IDK, just asking.

When does the recruiting blackout period end?

Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think only the coaching staff knows that answer. I think we signed 5 (3 DB's, RB, and WR). It's nice that a couple will be Sophomores and not Juniors. About the only other position we could use a JUCO is DT. That still would be nice...
Actions speak loauder than words, they have Roland Johnson, a JUCO DT that graduated in Dec, on an official visit just before the JUCO transfer period ends. The answer is that they would still like to add a DT.

I never felt warm and fuzzy about Harbison signing. He spoke of visiting Vandy within 30 days of committing. Read a recent article in the Daily Gopher, he convinced me we have enough WR's to get by next year. I'm guessing WR's will be a priority for the 2013 class. I would be shocked if we don't add a JUCO DT shortly. Only glaring hole I see for 2012 season.

WR is a huge need for next year. I have no idea who can get open and catch a pass on 3rd and 6...

Actions speak loauder than words, they have Roland Johnson, a JUCO DT that graduated in Dec, on an official visit just before the JUCO transfer period ends. The answer is that they would still like to add a DT.

It would be great to pick up a DT that can step in and play right away or at least be part of the rotation.

Anyone have any info on this guy? Are we likely to offer/would he commit?

Edit....found him

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Roland-Johnson-133840

But he had too many dropped passes.

Didn't they all? I'm convinced Q's completion percentage would have been almost respectable, but for all the drops of very catchable balls. Not great - but at least respectable. One of the biggest issues for next season is whether Limegrover and Poore can improve on that.

John Galt said:
WR is a huge need for next year. I have no idea who can get open and catch a pass on 3rd and 6...

Green is pretty solid - Moulton if he can stop the drops.

I never felt warm and fuzzy about Harbison signing. He spoke of visiting Vandy within 30 days of committing. Read a recent article in the Daily Gopher, he convinced me we have enough WR's to get by next year. I'm guessing WR's will be a priority for the 2013 class. I would be shocked if we don't add a JUCO DT shortly. Only glaring hole I see for 2012 season.

He's sounding like he's a homer wanting mom and dad to come to his games. You'd hope that with improved OL play and reps between Q & WRs that Moulton, Green, DCT, Jones, etal from this Spring on to Fall practices that the Receiving Corps will more productive and surprise us.

Too bad for us about AD wanting to go elsewhere out of state. He certainly will be a legit deep threat. Kill wants players that want to be here. Period.

Agreed. The good news is the State of Minnesota is starting to produce a big time WR every year or so. We will start getting those kids.

"It would be great to pick up a DT that can step in and play right away or at least be part of the rotation.

Anyone have any info on this guy? Are we likely to offer/would he commit?
"

Here is some video of Roland from Scout's site; I'm thinking he would look nice lining up next to Hageman.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/1139053.html

Top Bottom