Oregon Rose Bowl Helmet

The amount of money being spent on various uniform alternatives has got to be huge for most every team. Just wondering how much of this is covered by a team vs. their sponsored uniform company (e.g. Nike, UnderArmor, etc...)? Anyone with insights on this?

I mean seriously, can you imagine the cost to just cover these Oregon helmets for the bowl game!

Oregon has a different situation then everyone else because Phil Knight of Nike is an Oregon Alum therefore I am pretty sure they don't really pay anything for all these different uniform combinations. Nike uses them as a way to display their new designs and to test out different concepts.

As for everyone else I am sure the companies like Nike and Under Armour might offer some incentives or price breaks to get teams to make the changes but it has become a part of college athletics these days where you have to budget for uniform tweaks and special variations. As to what all this costs I couldn't even begin to guess but I am sure it is not cheap.

Its becoming a fashion show. Apparently recruits now are making decisions on how cool a uniform is. I wonder when its all over for them, if they will only work at places with the coolest cubical or coolest front door? I want recruits that want to kick ass even if their wearing a white helmet with just a stripe.

How over the top would a liquid metal gold for the Gopher's pro combat helmet look? I'm not sure I would like it, but it would definitely get your attention.

Its becoming a fashion show. Apparently recruits now are making decisions on how cool a uniform is. I wonder when its all over for them, if they will only work at places with the coolest cubical or coolest front door? I want recruits that want to kick ass even if their wearing a white helmet with just a stripe.

While they may help a fraction in recruiting.. These 'crazy' uniforms are far from being a sole reason for a kid to make a decision on. Every quote from the Oregon players I saw about the Rose Bowl uniforms were more interested in representing Oregon in the game rather than the neat threads they'd be wearing.

I think you took the "new jerseys helps recruiting" WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too seriously.

Phil Nike dumps 10's of millions into Ducks athletics. Can the Reddenbachers do the same? I am heading to the rose bowl tomorrow like I do every year and the ticket prices are the lowest in the 18 past years I have gone. Great seats for $40. The fan base for both teams are complacent this year. 80 and sunny, Brats and beer. Oh Nellie!

i know i will be in the minority when it comes to the uniforms and helmets but i think the ducks are doing it right. they have figured out their niche. a lot of people want to keep "tradition" when it comes to uniforms, but in my opinion minnesota doesnt have tradition. we have flopped our style for years and i think its time to attempt the oregon thing, a bunch of uniforms that kids like with all the latest fads. bring on a black uniform, try new things, no kid in america is coming to here thinking about our tradition. and if they do they havent been following college football in the B1G. now all the "traditionalists" can rip me because im an idiot

i know i will be in the minority when it comes to the uniforms and helmets but i think the ducks are doing it right. they have figured out their niche. a lot of people want to keep "tradition" when it comes to uniforms, but in my opinion minnesota doesnt have tradition. we have flopped our style for years and i think its time to attempt the oregon thing, a bunch of uniforms that kids like with all the latest fads. bring on a black uniform, try new things, no kid in america is coming to here thinking about our tradition. and if they do they havent been following college football in the B1G. now all the "traditionalists" can rip me because im an idiot
+1... idiot :p

We already do have a traditional thing when it comes to our unis.. We get a new set for every head coach regime we have. I like the way we go about it. Lets leave it at that.

When is someone going to do a paisley or plaid uniform? I think a neon paisley helmet would be flat-out awesome!

Does a team have to have tradition to wear traditional uniforms?

How do you define the traditional uniforms if you don't have the tradition?

traditional
adjective
1. oldfashioned, old, established, conventional, standard, fixed, usual, transmitted, orthodox, accustomed, customary, ancestral, long-established, unwritten, time-honoured, unadventurous

They should go back to the 1960s unis, then strike every part of Gopher history since 1967 from the historical record. It's nothing but a lot of uniform changes and losing seasons.

A team that hasn't won anything in nearly half a century should try to harken back to their relevance.

Just saw the video, those are sick! If the gophers got gold ones (like scheff said) they would look great too. I know we never will, but it would look great!

Man, The U of Nike keeps rolling out more uni's. I always thought all chrome helmets would look insane.

Oregon can get away with it because they are a good team. If the Gophers tried this, we'd just get laughed at. Like wise, if Oregon has a few down seasons, I doubt they'll be so flashy.

Make them play in dresses until...

they start winning enough Big Ten Football Games to DESERVE to wear traditional uniforms.

Are they football players or are they funky little corporate fashion statements?

; 0 )

they start winning enough Big Ten Football Games to DESERVE to wear traditional uniforms.

Are they football players or are they funky little corporate fashion statements?

; 0 )
Oregon is in the Pac-12....

They should go back to the 1960s unis, then strike every part of Gopher history since 1967 from the historical record. It's nothing but a lot of uniform changes and losing seasons.

A team that hasn't won anything in nearly half a century should try to harken back to their relevance.

The 1930s-early 1940s were far and away the best period in Gopher history. Should we go back to leather helmets too? Or, better yet - no helmets at all?

Top Bottom