Hurrah for Florida State

50PoundHead

Reaction score
Ugly first half, but they pulled it out.

Man, I cannot stand Notre Dame.

I just got back from the game. It was AMAZING! It was a sellout with 68K plus with around 60K of those FSU fans. I'd say a quarter of the fans were feeling pretty good an hour or two before game time. Doing the tomahawk chop in my Noles gear sitting around a bunch of arrogant Irish fans was most definately a good time. Next up, the Outback Bowl.

Gopherdroppings

www.gopherjerseys.com

Watched it with my overzealous 9 year old football fan, and have him indoctrinated to despise the f'ing Irish. Even though we are Catholic and come from a very strong Irish heritage. He's having a tough time getting his head around that one.

Fun game to watch.

I've always liked the Irish. I'm not sure why. It might be because the 1988 national champion squad (Tony Rice, Ricky Watters, Rocket Ismail, Andy Heck, Chris Zorich, etc.) was on national TV almost every week (this was before the NBC contract) and cruised through a ridiculous schedule while being a lot of fun to watch. It was my first fully-formed college football memory, and this was ten years before I came to the U and became a Gopher rube. Easily one of the best teams ever. It might also be because my older brother was (and still is) a huge Michigan fan, so I used to cheer whomever they were playing against, for annoyance purposes. The funny thing is, I'm not even Catholic. I pretty much despise Catholicism.

The Irish have been my #2 program for as long as I can remember and I latched onto FSU late in the 1980s, mostly due to my extreme hatred of Miami. This one wasn't quite a replica of 1993, but it was an entertaining game.

poor notre dame

All the poor notre dame fans looks so sad....:D What a shame. Sorry I couldn't resist.....

I love seeing Notre Dame choke....sorry Irish fans. I don't know why but I've been a FSU fan since I was little (but can't stand Miami or Florida) so this was nice.

Watched it with my overzealous 9 year old football fan, and have him indoctrinated to despise the f'ing Irish. Even though we are Catholic and come from a very strong Irish heritage. He's having a tough time getting his head around that one.

Fun game to watch.

Now that is dedication to the cause!

Seriously, I don't have a problem with Notre Dame's players (and rarely their coaches, although Fatty Boy "Front Butt" Weis drove me up a wall with his inflated self-image). I just got really tired of the program and their whacked-out national "we can do no wrong" fan base.

Top Bottom