Oregon's Rose Bowl Jerseys

These are the jersey's wisconsin will be wearing. I like neither, but I dislike Oregon's less. Crazy darth vader helmet

Wings will emerge from the jersey allowing the Ducks to fly and make them literally unstoppable.

And that's what happens when Nike owns you.

Those are hideous, and I normally like what Nike does with Oregon's uniforms.

Most here will disagree, but I love what UW did with their uniforms. A ridiculous uniform alteration like Oregon, or what Maryland wore this year, will never happen with Alvarez as AD, so the rose petal numbers are about as wild as UW will get. I doubt the subtle change will even show up on TV.

A part of me has always wanted to cheer for every Big Ten team in their bowl games, but Wisconsin has always made it difficult.

Thank you, Whoregon, for making it easy for one year.

13 Lined Ground Squirrel said:
A part of me has always wanted to cheer for every Big Ten team in their bowl games, but Wisconsin has always made it difficult.

Thank you, Whoregon, for making it easy for one year.

Gotta 2nd that!

I'm also grudgingly cheering for Wisky, but it's kind of like, voting for the lesser of two evils. It'll be interesting what comes down from the NCAA. I suspect Oregon will be banned from the Bowls for a year or two.

Two things I gotta say.

Whoa! Santa Claus is coming from Madison. Break out the candy canes.

So, when is duck hunting season over? There are some ugly mallards out this year.

Of all the stuff Oregon has done with their uniforms, I think this is actually pretty subtle. No outrageous colors that blind me, no odd color combinations, green is the main color shown (their primary school color). Yes, the helmet is glossy with the matte wings rather than showcasing the Oregon O, but other than that its actually more "normal" than most of the getups we've seen.

And no, I don't think this is because Nike "owns" them. Oregon and the AD have to approve this stuff, and they are the primary beneficiaries of being in the spotlight for the latest and greatest in uniform design - materials and style, both of which have greatly helped keep recruits interested in playing there as well as increase their national exposure and awareness. They have decided not to compete with schools that have the traditional look of uniforms because, well, they can't compete with 100+ years of success and history. They went in a different direction, pioneered it with Nike, and have had amazing results. Can anyone say that taking a famous/successful Minnesotan's money to build amazing facilities and showcase uniform designs wouldn't be ok if it helped create a unique identity, attracted talent (coaching and recruiting), and helped get us in 2 Rose Bowls and a national title game within a 3 year span???? Come on. None of us particularly like that the name of our stadium is TCF Bank Stadium, but it's 1,000% better than the dome and at least has a MN/TC tie-in. This is no different.

There are odd colors, I believe the numbers are brown, the helmet black, and school colors green and yellow. Doesn't work for me.

There are odd colors, I believe the numbers are brown, the helmet black, and school colors green and yellow. Doesn't work for me.

The original link doesn't work for me (blocked at work). This one does, though.

From what I can tell the color of the numbers inside the yellow piping is a green that shimmers in different angles/lighting. Yes, their helmets are black, but they have used black/gray helmets for a while now. Overwhelmingly when I see this uniform I see green, then the yellow number piping as it pops out at me, then the black helmets. I don't like black uniforms just 'cuz, but for Oregon (who like to step out a little and be bold), it works while keeping the main school colors present. Could be worse.

Come on. None of us particularly like that the name of our stadium is TCF Bank Stadium, but it's 1,000% better than the dome and at least has a MN/TC tie-in. This is no different.

It's way different.

It would be a better comparison if the Gophers already had a nice outdoor stadium called "Nagurski Field," then sold naming rights after the fact.

Oregon already had a solid program on the rise before they became a Nike billboard.

The original link doesn't work for me (blocked at work). This one does, though.

From what I can tell the color of the numbers inside the yellow piping is a green that shimmers in different angles/lighting. Yes, their helmets are black, but they have used black/gray helmets for a while now. Overwhelmingly when I see this uniform I see green, then the yellow number piping as it pops out at me, then the black helmets. I don't like black uniforms just 'cuz, but for Oregon (who like to step out a little and be bold), it works while keeping the main school colors present. Could be worse.
The shimmery effect was done to mimic a similar effect in a mallard's feathers.

I like these. I think they look intimidating in the pictures, but that could be aided by the black background.

Two tone facemask?
Hmmm...

I don't hate them any more than their other crazy arse uniforms. I do especially like the new helmet look though. I like the wing pattern on the sides and the 'O' on the back. Otherwise, it's just Oregon being Oregon.

And I'm still cheering, "GO DUCKS!!!" no matter what crazy uniforms they come out with.

It does not matter the color - they are going to kick some Badger tail. Ducks are just to fast.

Top Bottom