B1G to have a rocky bowl season?

I think the conference will do better than that. I like Illinois, MSU, Wisconsin, NW, and OSU in their games. I am rooting for Virginia Tech, or anybody that plays Michigan.

I actually think there is a chance the Big Ten could do really well in bowl games this year. On paper the only real mismatch I see is Iowa vs. Oklahoma and I would expect the Sooners to win big.

I have a feeling a lot of these games will be very tight and could easily go either way. I think there is a good chance the Big Ten at the very least goes .500 and the upside would be there for significantly more wins.

MNVCGUY said:
I actually think there is a chance the Big Ten could do really well in bowl games this year. On paper the only real mismatch I see is Iowa vs. Oklahoma and I would expect the Sooners to win big.

I have a feeling a lot of these games will be very tight and could easily go either way. I think there is a good chance the Big Ten at the very least goes .500 and the upside would be there for significantly more wins.

Also Ducks vs Badgers. Way too much speed on the Ducks for the red team to keep up.

Also Ducks vs Badgers. Way too much speed on the Ducks for the red team to keep up.

I would like to believe you but I have watched Wisconsin find ways to win way to many times over the last few years to count them out against anyone.

I would like to believe you but I have watched Wisconsin find ways to win way to many times over the last few years to count them out against anyone.
True. But Oregon has played no power teams except LSU, which is not that great a running team. You may be right, but they have to show me they can stop Wisky's running game for me to believe it.

corcoran1 said:
True. But Oregon has played no power teams except LSU, which is not that great a running team. You may be right, but they have to show me they can stop Wisky's running game for me to believe it.

I think the better question is can the Badgers stop Oregon averaging 45 points a game. I have watched more then a few Oregon games and never seen speed like this team has. QB Thomas, RB James and WR James are so freakin fast. They lost to LSU but surprised they lost the close one to USC. Look out Bucky!

For the minor bowls, a lot of times one team doesn't show up to play. If the more talented team doesn't want to be there or treats the game like a vacation, they can easily lose to the team that's excited to play in the PoulanWeedeaterMusicCityInsight.Com Bowl presented by Gaylord Hotels.

For the minor bowls, a lot of times one team doesn't show up to play. If the more talented team doesn't want to be there or treats the game like a vacation, they can easily lose to the team that's excited to play in the PoulanWeedeaterMusicCityInsight.Com Bowl presented by Gaylord Hotels.

Case in point North Carolina tonight. The Tar Heels played like they'd rather have been home for the holidays.

Case in point North Carolina tonight. The Tar Heels played like they'd rather have been home for the holidays.

SS, totally agree...and in addition, as you know I am not one to make predictions, but I BELIEVE Iowa will get their asses kicked big time by Oklahoma.

Purdue 37 - WMU 32

Big Ten 1-0

Next Up - Iowa vs. Oklahoma on the 30th

Everyone should take note of how hard of a time Purdue had beating Western Michigan. I think they'll be a tougher win than Syracuse next year, although we're fortunate that Jordan White is graduating.

Everyone should take note of how hard of a time Purdue had beating Western Michigan. I think they'll be a tougher win than Syracuse next year, although we're fortunate that Jordan White is graduating.
While I do agree, Purdue decided to play derp ball for quite a while there. If the Gophers can play solid, mistake free ball I think it should be a straightforward win. That is, of course, an important if. :)

Am I the only one who thinks Oklahoma would rather be anywhere else but Phoenix? After the pasting they took in Stillwater, they looked like they'd quit on Stoops. I got the chickens when they were +15.5.

I agree with you Rock, the way the sooners season ended and the high preseason ranking many thought they'd play for the title. Iowa typically plays well in bowl games and I think that continues this year as well. I'd gladly take +15.5

Am I the only one who thinks Oklahoma would rather be anywhere else but Phoenix? After the pasting they took in Stillwater, they looked like they'd quit on Stoops. I got the chickens when they were +15.5.

Before Coker was ruled out, I had Iowa winning straight up. I still like them at +14.

I was also on Western Michigan yesterday, and I'm still pissed about that one. Seven turnovers, failing twice on 4th-and-1, allowing a kickoff return for a touchdown, and two onside kicks? Toledo needs to make it up to me today so I can feel better about the MAC.

Before Coker was ruled out, I had Iowa winning straight up. I still like them at +14.

I was also on Western Michigan yesterday, and I'm still pissed about that one. Seven turnovers, failing twice on 4th-and-1, allowing a kickoff return for a touchdown, and two onside kicks? Toledo needs to make it up to me today so I can feel better about the MAC.

I watched most of the first half while working out yesterday at the health club and I could not believe how poorly Western Michigan was coached. As you point out, a bunch of ridiculous mistakes.

Talk about a garbage cover. Iowa couldn't even let OU run out the clock the right way. A&M whipping up on NW right now.

Northwestern goes down so the Big Ten sits at 1-2 with Illinois up next against UCLA in one of the crappier bowl matchups of this season. Northwestern got handled pretty well by A&M but at least made it somewhat interesting in the 4th quarter.

Northwestern goes down so the Big Ten sits at 1-2 with Illinois up next against UCLA in one of the crappier bowl matchups of this season. Northwestern got handled pretty well by A&M but at least made it somewhat interesting in the 4th quarter.

I'm watching the Illini and the Bruins right now. These two teams make a great case for bowl contraction. That being said, I hope the Illini pull this one out to even the B1G at 2-2.

UCLA falls to move to 6-8. I'm guessing that very few, if any, D1 football teams have finished with that record.

So we beat our MAC opponent and the team that made a bowl game with a losing record. I hope we can pick it up and win some bowls. I really would rather be 3-9 in a good conference than a bad one. Though I am alright with the B1G losing the Rose Bowl this year.

2-2 after four. Wins by Purdue and Illinois - Loses by Northwestern and Iowa. Nothing tomorrow but 5 of the 6 games on Monday have Big Ten teams in them. In all of them outside of the Ohio State game the Big Ten team is the lower ranked team. That being said I think the Big Ten has a decent shot of winning at least 3 of them.

13 years of BCS and SEC and B1G have met 34 times. Average margin of victory is 3.3 pts. Here's to going 4-1 today!

4 BigTen games going on at once?? Any chance this changes sometime soon?? Exposure wise, it terrible. Outside fans can only watch 1 (maybe 2 with DVR) game at a time. I'm surprised the BT hasn't said/done anything about this.

4 BigTen games going on at once?? Any chance this changes sometime soon?? Exposure wise, it terrible. Outside fans can only watch 1 (maybe 2 with DVR) game at a time. I'm surprised the BT hasn't said/done anything about this.

It was like that last year too. Makes no sense.

Doesn't bother me at all. New Year's Day is B1G Day in College Football. If the teams just won the games it would look even better for the B1G. This is the day that the most College Football fans watch games.

Rivalries aside...rooting for big ten...even...(shudder) Wisconsin...

OS and PS are playing like they are... teams that have some problems.

So Penn State, Ohio State, and Nebraska all go down in defeat. Michigan State gets by in a 3 overtime thriller with Georgia and now we sit at half time of the Wisconsin/Oregon game which has been the shootout most thought it would be to this point. Conference sits at 3-5 and still has a shot at going .500 with a Wisconsin win today and a Michigan win tomorrow.

Top Bottom