this is info i like to see...

Off-GridTNgopher

Reaction score
this is info i like to see... Rivals on MN commit Harbison

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1308558

5. Bargain Bin

After the week in Spartanburg it was pretty much unanimous that Minnesota has an absolute steal in receiver commit Jamel Harbison of Charlotte Mallard Creek (N.C.). On Saturday, he returned a kickoff 94 yards for a first-half touchdown. He finished with 153 return yards. During the week, Harbison was among the top performers on hand. He ran great routes, was sharp in and out of his breaks, caught just about every pass thrown to him and looked solid in the open field. The word that kept coming up by observers was polished.

I've been practically losing sleep over this kid for weeks now. I hope we're able to keep his commitment.

The pub is great but this is the kind of kid you worry about getting a late offer from somewhere closer to home. We can use help at the WR position so hopefully he sticks to his commitment.

Matt O'Connell just tweeted a rivals post indicating Harbison will take an official visit to UNC.

Apparently the 'Heels want him badly.

Whammy on the way?

It doesn't say he will, it says they want him to.

"RT @ncpreps: I have learned #UNC wants Mallard Creek WR Jamel Harbison -- #Minnesota verbal - to take an official visit. #tarheelnation"

I don't know the kid ,but there's a lot of mutual resentment, between the Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill area and the Charlotte area. For the Charlotte kids, getting an offer from a North Carolina school, doen't make commitment a slam dunk . Clemson and South Carolina have done well in the Charlotte area because of that.

This kid is solid and we are not the deepest @ WR. We can't lose this one.

Let's hope that NC coming in late, along with the natural regional bias, is enough to keep him commited. I wouldn't be suprised if there's an additional home vist from Coach Kill soon after the "Dead Period'

per scout... habision is visiting vandy and is very high on them.... i think he is a goner.... damn.... woulda looked good in maroon n gold... but heres to hoping

per scout... habision is visiting vandy and is very high on them.... i think he is a goner.... damn.... woulda looked good in maroon n gold... but heres to hoping

Also, mentions he will probably visit Eastern Carolina, and says he is still being heavily recruited by Wake Forest. Mentions distance will be a factor in final decision, as he wants his parents to be able to easily travel to his games, specifically mentioning it would take his parents 20 hrs to drive to MN. In other words, it seems like a very long shot he ends up here.

He also isn't visiting Vandy 'til the last week of January...so we still get a month of torturous speculation.

All hope is NOT lost... This is what Harbison said about his visit to The U ealier this year.

“I had an awesome time on the trip,” Harbison said. “I love the facilities, I love the coaching staff and I love the fans as well.”
Harbison came to the Twin Cities on Friday by himself and was taken on a tour of all of the Gopher facilities and got a peak into the lives of Gopher football players.

“I took a tour of the campus and got to see all of the academic facilities, both the indoor and outdoor facilities as well as the weight room. They had a great weight room and I also got to meet with the tutors. They have the best tutors I’ve ever seen they sit down with the student and actually show them how to do their homework rather than do it for them.” After his visit both the stadium and locker room stood out to Harbison.

“They have a great stadium, I loved the stadium and the atmosphere in the stadium and they have a great locker room. Just being in the locker room and seeing the guys getting ready to play was a great feeling.”

While on his trip Harbison was able to get a good look at the Gopher’s offense and how he would be able to fit in.

“I can fit into this offense very well,” he said. “It’s the same offense that our offense in high school runs, so it should be a great transition. And from watching what the receivers could have done or did good I was able to learn something from what they were doing.” Harbison contacted his father on Saturday night to talk about his visit and how he felt it had gone before making the decision.

“I talked to my dad before I had told the coaches anything around twelve or one o’clock. I told my dad it feels good up here it’s like home just farther away from home. My dad said it’s your decision and know you have to stay a full four years of your life up there. I told my dad I’m totally committed right now to Minnesota so I texted Coach Zebrowski and told him I was verbally committed to Minnesota.” Harbison also had the chance to meet some of Minnesota’s local recruits mainly quarterback Philip Nelson. The two formed a quick bond.

“We talked about how we have a great freshman coming in this year and that we’re going to have a chance to put up a lot of points on our way to getting that championship that the university and city needs.”

Despite being committed to the Gophers, Harbison still plans on taking more visits.

“This is just a verbal commit I haven’t signed on the paper so I plan on taking my other visits to Kentucky, Vanderbilt and East Carolina.”

So he had already planned on these visits back when he "verbaly," committed to the Gophs. Keep in mind that he is also doing an interview with the folks from Vandy in that article that is refered to from above.

All hope is NOT lost... This is what Harbison said about his visit to The U ealier this year.

“I had an awesome time on the trip,” Harbison said. “I love the facilities, I love the coaching staff and I love the fans as well.”
Harbison came to the Twin Cities on Friday by himself and was taken on a tour of all of the Gopher facilities and got a peak into the lives of Gopher football players.

Despite being committed to the Gophers, Harbison still plans on taking more visits.

“This is just a verbal commit I haven’t signed on the paper so I plan on taking my other visits to Kentucky, Vanderbilt and East Carolina.”

So he had already planned on these visits back when he "verbaly," committed to the Gophs. Keep in mind that he is also doing an interview with the folks from Vandy in that article that is refered to from above.

First off I never put a lot of stock into comments recruits make after visits. They almost always had a great time and why wouldn't they? They get flown somewhere, taken to nice restaurants, meet a bunch of college athletes, probably go to a college party of some kind, and have coaches telling them how great they are and how much they will be a key part of the team next year. I have almost never seen a comment from a recruit after a visit saying they had a bad time.

Also you can see the stock he puts in a verbal based on his comment in regards to it. Reading between the lines I will be shocked if he signs here. When he takes his other visits he is going to be wowed by all those schools as well and they are all closer to home. But we can hope for the best.

Top Bottom