Caleb Leichtnam

So if you’re not on that list it's impossible to run a sub 4.6 forty? I totally understand it's become a sick cliché around these parts. That's because a lot of idiots (you seem to think I'm one of them) pull #'s out of nowhere like it's nothing. I'm not trying to say that it's common to be that fast because it's not. I'm not just pulling it out of my a$$ though. In talking with people who have seen him run the 40 and my own observations the consensus is: yeah he really is that fast. Now 4.4? hell idk 4.6 is fast IMO. I'm sure the 9-man thing didn't help him in being recruited. Speed exists at the 9-man and JUCO levels though. With those NFL guys speed is just one piece to the puzzle that makes them good. This kid isn't that thick and yeah he probably didn't go up against the toughest competition in HS but some of these stats are just nuts.

All I want to know about a player's speed:

Is he "football" fast?

Instincts, anticipation, first step, acceleration, reaction time. Those attributes can more than make up for a tenth or two on the 40 time. If he excels in most of these areas, and has decent to above-average speed, sign him up; see what Kill and staff can do with him.

All I want to know about a player's speed:

Is he "football" fast?

Instincts, anticipation, first step, acceleration, reaction time. Those attributes can more than make up for a tenth or two on the 40 time. If he excels in most of these areas, and has decent to above-average speed, sign him up; see what Kill and staff can do with him.

+1 there's a lot that goes into "speed" in the actual game. Just because a guy can run fast on a track in shorts doesn't mean you'll see it shine on the field.

I just need to know - is he Kyle Theret fast?

I would be happy if he joined the Gophers and was as good as Kyle Theret. He was a very under rated player.

Top Bottom