All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Anyone watching a new Netflix series called Altered Carbon? Not bad. Sci fi with a lot of jargon that you have to learn to stay on top of what's going on. I am on episode 8 and just started watching it yesterday, so it did get my attention.

I'm into a lot of the sci-fi and superhero shows. Been watching "Black Lightning" on the CW. Like it a lot. a little more serious approach to the genre, and at least tries to tackle some issues about gangs, drugs and so forth.

I have also been watching "The Alienist" on TNT. set in New York City in the 1890's. A doctor who studies mental illness teams up with a journalist and a female police officer to investigate a serial killer who is preying on male prostitutes. Really dark stuff, but pretty well done. Interesting cast and period setting.

Season 3 of Channel Zero (Butchers Block) has started off great. Super weird and super creepy.

Does anyone watch The 100 on the CW? Was thinking about starting to watch it on Netflix.

Season 3 of Channel Zero (Butchers Block) has started off great. Super weird and super creepy.

Didn't think they could one-up season two......but it's looking like they may have. Halfway through.....and this season has been fantastic.

FYI.....it's only six episodes seasons......and it's an anthology show. No need to start from season one.

If Our Cartoon President isn't the best political satire in the history of political satire, I'd like someone to tell me what is.

Didn't think they could one-up season two......but it's looking like they may have. Halfway through.....and this season has been fantastic.

FYI.....it's only six episodes seasons......and it's an anthology show. No need to start from season one.
Awesome season. I've always considered SYFY for their cheesy monster movies (which I happen to love)......but this show is absolutely fantastic. Puts American Horror Story to shame.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Silicon Valley is back tonight! Fingers crossed that it doesn’t bomb without TJ Miller.

do we have a movie thread? I couldn't find it if we do. Anyway, just watched Jumanji, actually dragged kicking and screaming to watch it, but man, what a fun and enjoyable movie. Good pacing, not long, very funny, interesting plot, and of course, not a politic in sight. Original was kind of fun, but this one is much better.

do we have a movie thread? I couldn't find it if we do. Anyway, just watched Jumanji, actually dragged kicking and screaming to watch it, but man, what a fun and enjoyable movie. Good pacing, not long, very funny, interesting plot, and of course, not a politic in sight. Original was kind of fun, but this one is much better.
I've heard nothing but good things about it. Great cast too. I'm not always a huge fan of rotten tomatoes.....but their rating system generally gives you a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Finally finished the 2nd season of "Jessica Jones" on Netflix.

I would say it was OK, but not great. the 1st season had a better villain in Killgrave. Won't give spoilers, but the 2nd season hinges on a big plot reveal in (I think) the 4th or 5th episode that changes everything for the rest of the season.

Like all of the Marvel shows on Netflix, there was some padding to stretch the show out to 13 episodes. I wish they would tighten them up to 10 hours tops and cut out some of the filler.

The new season also had a lot (too much for my taste) of Trish being an idiot. On the plus side, Malcom's character went through an interesting story arc, and they came up with a potential new love interest for Jessica who was more of a normal guy. Also, Carrie-Anne Moss as Jeri was great in her sub-plot.

The first 2 seasons of Sneaky Pete are available on Amazon Prime which my wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed season 1 so far.

per Wikipedia "Sneaky Pete follows "Marius (Giovanni Ribisi), a con man who gets out of prison only to find himself hunted by the vicious gangster (Bryan Cranston) he once robbed. With nowhere else to turn, Marius takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate, Pete, and then “reunites” with Pete’s estranged family — who have no reason to suspect he’s not their long-lost loved one."

Finally finished the 2nd season of "Jessica Jones" on Netflix.

I would say it was OK, but not great. the 1st season had a better villain in Killgrave. Won't give spoilers, but the 2nd season hinges on a big plot reveal in (I think) the 4th or 5th episode that changes everything for the rest of the season.

Like all of the Marvel shows on Netflix, there was some padding to stretch the show out to 13 episodes. I wish they would tighten them up to 10 hours tops and cut out some of the filler.

The new season also had a lot (too much for my taste) of Trish being an idiot. On the plus side, Malcom's character went through an interesting story arc, and they came up with a potential new love interest for Jessica who was more of a normal guy. Also, Carrie-Anne Moss as Jeri was great in her sub-plot.

I don't know why I like this show, but I do. I thought the first 7 or 8 episodes of season 1 were fantastic. The rest of the show has just been good to OK, but I still find myself watching it.

netflix hired Susan Rice to their board, and in talks with Obama to produce for them. I was late to the netflix train and have enjoyed it, but disappointed with the overt political slant of the platform.

The first 2 seasons of Sneaky Pete are available on Amazon Prime which my wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed season 1 so far.

per Wikipedia "Sneaky Pete follows "Marius (Giovanni Ribisi), a con man who gets out of prison only to find himself hunted by the vicious gangster (Bryan Cranston) he once robbed. With nowhere else to turn, Marius takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate, Pete, and then “reunites” with Pete’s estranged family — who have no reason to suspect he’s not their long-lost loved one."

I keep seeing this when I'm browsing on Amazon and it's intriguing to me. I may have to take the plunge!

I keep seeing this when I'm browsing on Amazon and it's intriguing to me. I may have to take the plunge!

I haven't had a chance to start season 2 yet, currently working my way through Hell on Wheels, but I did enjoy season 1 of Sneaky Pete and will absolutely be watching season 2.

He was a writer on the show if I remember correctly. So it wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

I've heard it described as a eulogy. I'm itching to watch it but haven't carved out the time yet.

I liked one mainly because it was unique. I went on to two because I liked the con concept. However I think a season 3 will turn it into a classic drama/mystery show.

Jessica Jones is not as binge worthy as the first season. However, I still enjoy hitting up an episode occasionally.

We watched the first episode of Alex, Inc last night. Haven't decided if it's going to be very good or not yet. We were fans of Scrubs and this stars Zach Braff so thought we would give it a try.

Graham Yost, same guy that had a hand in 'Justified', is also involved with Sneaky Pete. Good characters in this series just as there were in Justified.

I am really liking Babylon Berlin, a German police detective tv series on netflix that takes place between WW1 and WW2. Seeing a dark show produced in Germany in refreshing as its not about Nazi's.

First episode of Dirty Money Tv series involving the cheating by Volkswagen was quite good too.

Wild Wild Country documentary on netflix is great! An Indian guru and his thousands of followers move near a small town in Oregon and lots of scandals ensue!

Silicon Valley is back.....and the show afterwards.....Barry (Bill Hader).....is off to an interesting start after two episodes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was a big fan of Sons of Anarchy, and just saw that FX is coming out with a spinoff this fall about the Mayans MC biker gang. It will be hard to replicate the character development of Sam Crow, but I'll definitely give this show a chance given how good the original was.

Go Jax Teller!!

Top Bottom