All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Narcos season 4 trailer is out, the season drops on November 16:

Go Narcos!!

The second season of Making a Murderer is engaging! Steven Avery's attorney is lights out good!

Season two of Big Mouth (netflix) is as awesome as the first.

Season two of Big Mouth (netflix) is as awesome as the first.

A few friends recommended this show. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm still behind on Bangjacks Hornsman.

Anyone else still hanging on to The Walking Dead? I used to watch the new episode that same night but now I sometimes fall a few weeks behind. Just not that good anymore. Also, I wonder why they are promoting that Rick is leaving the show?

Anyone else still hanging on to The Walking Dead? I used to watch the new episode that same night but now I sometimes fall a few weeks behind. Just not that good anymore. Also, I wonder why they are promoting that Rick is leaving the show?

I'm a season or two behind. I'll see it through till the end. NO SPOILERS!

I'm still watching. Not sure why they are promoting the main character leaving so much, but it reeks of lower ratings (no idea if true or not?). They dragged the whole Negan thing way too long.

Recently watched the first season, tried to give it a shot but did not enjoy it.

I hope Narcos keeps going...I know Netflix already has El Chapo but I like the Narcos show way better and I think they could do a better job with that story.

Andrew Lincoln (the actor who plays Rick) is from England, and he said he's tired of spending half the year in the States away from his family.) So this was forced on the writers to come up with a storyline to get him off the show.

Andrew Lincoln (the actor who plays Rick) is from England, and he said he's tired of spending half the year in the States away from his family.) So this was forced on the writers to come up with a storyline to get him off the show.

Yeah I heard something about that. It's just weird that they are promoting it ahead of time in my opinion. Unless they didn't want people to be upset, thinking they just killed him off (assuming he is killed in the show).

Holy $hit. After a few hit or miss seasons, this season of Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been fantastic (except for the Boggs episode). The sexual harrasment episode was brilliant and the Seinfeld portion of The Clip Show was hilarious.

Holy $hit. After a few hit or miss seasons, this season of Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been fantastic (except for the Boggs episode). The sexual harrasment episode was brilliant and the Seinfeld portion of The Clip Show was hilarious.

Agree big time. Still one of the best shows on t.v..

Agree big time. Still one of the best shows on t.v..

There was a point a few years back that it appeared to be slowing down. But holy smokes.....this year has been great. Glenn Howerton's new show, A.P. Bio on NBC had a great first season as well. But yeah.....Always Sunny is one of the all time great comedies.

I've also really love Superstore on NBC. Really consistent show. The Guest Book on TBS has been entertaining as well. When Cory Cove mentions that it's the golden age of television, it's really true. It's impossible to keep up with all the great shows.

Last edited:

When Cory Cove mentions that it's the golden age of television, it's really true. It's impossible to keep up with all the great shows.

It really is. Television shows are so superior to movies right now it isn't even close. I need an assistant to watch the shows my friends tell me about.

Re: the Walking Dead. SPOILER ALERT. Producers of the show have announced that the Rick Grimes character will be featured in 3 TV movies that will continue his story-line, but 'Rick' will not return to the main series.

Re: Daredevil. I'm about 7 or 8 episodes into the 3rd season. Vincent D'Onofrio continues to be the best MCU villain as the Kingpin. And the guy playing Bullseye is very convincing as a psycho. Also some good character moments for Karen and Foggy. IMHO, Daredevil is the best Marvel series on Netflix. I hope it continues - but I have a sneaky feeling that all the Marvel characters are going to wind up on the new Disney streaming service. Netflix has also noted that viewership has dropped significantly on the latest seasons of Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil.

I was a big fan of House of Cards...until this season. I can't believe they even bothered making it without Spacey. I watched 10 minutes of the 1st episode and that was enough.

Longmire was fantastic through season 3. Great characters and plots... probably my favorite show this year.

For those fans of Narcos, Season 4 drops today on Netflix.

The Ringer: A Guide to the ‘Narcos’ Extended Universe

Narcos comes back into our lives this weekend with another season of what’s become one of the more fascinating, adaptable series on television. What was the Pablo Escobar Show for two seasons—buoyed by an incredibly captivating performance and legit dad-bod commitment from Wagner Moura—has since left his orbit. Post-Pablo, it’s clear: The kingpins will come and go, but the white powder they peddle for hundreds of millions of dollars will remain.

The next entry in the Narcos Extended Universe—the NEU for short—moves the action from Colombia to Mexico to trace the rise of Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo (played by Jabba the Hutt enthusiast Diego Luna) and the Guadalajara Cartel in the early ’80s (and, of course, the plucky DEA agents set on stopping them). “Narcos: Mexico,” as the fourth season is being called, is the kind of thing someone could reasonably start without watching previous Narcos seasons. It’s got more of the same tropes—dramatic cartel power plays, ridiculous narration, political corruption, copious violence, cocaína—but the setting and story are new and refreshing. It’s connected to the previous seasons as a continued depiction of cartel history—and how Mexico’s own cartel became intertwined with Colombia’s.

With “Narcos: Mexico” arriving Friday, and with my colleague Megan Schuster and I absolutely enraptured by the NEU in all its ridiculous glory, we thought we’d dissect the universe’s idiosyncrasies, aesthetic choices, and most crucial moments: the things that are quintessentially Narcos. Whether you’re a Narcos newcomer or someone who needs a refresher before the next addictive binge, consider this your guide to the NEU. Of course, that means we’ll be diving into spoiler territory—but c’mon, the show’s loosely adapted from actual history. Is it really a spoiler if you can just look this stuff up on Wikipedia? Vámonos. —Miles Surrey

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/11/15/18096670/narcos-guide-season-4

Go Narcos!!

Recently watched the ESPN 30/30 on Bobby Knight. I remember most of that while it was happening but this shined a light on some other things I didn't know about. I never, ever liked Knight as a coach, or a person, and the very end of this doc. just solidified my feelings. What a sad little man.

Recently watched the ESPN 30/30 on Bobby Knight. I remember most of that while it was happening but this shined a light on some other things I didn't know about. I never, ever liked Knight as a coach, or a person, and the very end of this doc. just solidified my feelings. What a sad little man.
I'm going to have to see that. I've got the first 30 collection on blu ray. There are a few skip worthy "episodes"......but most are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Finally got around to finishing season four of Nathan For You. Sounds like it is going to be the last season unfortunately. The final episode, titled 'Finding Frances' is a feature length (almost an hour and a half) doc about trying to hunt down the Bill Gates impersonators long lost love from 50+ years back. Much more serious tone than what you would expect, but it was truly amazing. Once again, it makes you question how much of it is based in reality. This one really blurred the lines.....especially with Nathan's plot line. If you liked this show at all.....this is a must watch.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-nathan-for-you-finale-my-new-favorite-love-story

Agree. I got a little bored with it, but they killed it this year. So well written.

Top Bottom