All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

It's both entertaining and sad at the same time. Some of these kids have gotten so many opportunities and they keep pissing it away.

And as bad as it is to say.....while quite a few are very easy to cheer on..... there are quite a few others that you simply can't. Pissed away opportunity after opportunity and still choose to disrespect the people who are trying hard to help keep them on a path towards something better.

at ComiCon last weekend, Marvel made a big presentation on their new streaming service - "Disney +" that will roll out later this year. Marvel is promising that the TV shows on Disney + will tie directly into their movies. Some of the TV shows announced included a "Winter Soldier and the Falcon" show, a show with the Vision and the Scarlet Witch, a show with Loki, and a new show with Hawkeye, based on the comic book run where he teams up with a younger female archer. And yes, the same actors who played those characters in the movies will play them on the TV shows. In addition to the Marvel shows, Disney + will also have some Star Wars-based material. and, they are promising lower prices compared to Netflix.

Now that all the Marvel shows on Netflix are done, I think I'm going to dump Netflix and subscribe to Disney + when it rolls out.

at ComiCon last weekend, Marvel made a big presentation on their new streaming service - "Disney +" that will roll out later this year. Marvel is promising that the TV shows on Disney + will tie directly into their movies. Some of the TV shows announced included a "Winter Soldier and the Falcon" show, a show with the Vision and the Scarlet Witch, a show with Loki, and a new show with Hawkeye, based on the comic book run where he teams up with a younger female archer. And yes, the same actors who played those characters in the movies will play them on the TV shows. In addition to the Marvel shows, Disney + will also have some Star Wars-based material. and, they are promising lower prices compared to Netflix.

Now that all the Marvel shows on Netflix are done, I think I'm going to dump Netflix and subscribe to Disney + when it rolls out.

Do we know yet if the marvels series' from netflix will continue on Disney+ (Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc)?

Do we know yet if the marvels series' from netflix will continue on Disney+ (Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc)?

No. apparently there is a clause in the contract with Netflix that those characters cannot appear on another network or streaming service for three years. And, if you follow this stuff, the Marvel bigwigs have pretty much ignored the Netflix shows. Their attention is 100% on the new Disney+ shows. At some point, I expect that those characters may re-appear, but I bet it will be with different actors.

One clue - academy award winner Mahershala Ali just signed to play Blade in a future project. Ali was the villain in the first season of Luke Cage. so Marvel has no problem with an actor from a Netflix show playing a completely different character in another project. which, I think, shows how little they think of the Netflix programs.

I don't dig into Amazon Prime much.....but there are a few shows that I've been meaning to check out. I'm only halfway through the first episode on 'The Boys'......and it is very promising. Superhero show where many of the superheros are all questionable characters. Anti-heros. And it's hard 'R' material. Definitely not Avengers type content. I'll report back after I've seen a bit more. But I'm still finishing up Deadwood.....so things might get muddled.

I've also heard nothing but fantastic things about 'Fleabag'.....also on Amazon Prime. So that's definitely next.

Last edited:

I finally finished Season 4 of Narcos. I struggled to get through this season. I enjoyed the seasons based in Colombia much more.

I'd love if the next story line was based in the U.S. - the cocaine trade in Miami would be a great backdrop.

Let's hope the next season, no matter where it's based, is better than Season 4.

Go Narcos!!

I finally finished Season 4 of Narcos. I struggled to get through this season. I enjoyed the seasons based in Colombia much more.

I'd love if the next story line was based in the U.S. - the cocaine trade in Miami would be a great backdrop.

Let's hope the next season, no matter where it's based, is better than Season 4.

Go Narcos!!

I think there is at least one more Mexico one right? Think they will follow El Chapo for at least one season.

Just wondering - is anyone (besides me) watching the new Ken Burns documentary on Country Music? first four segments ran this week, with four more next week on PBS. I think it's available for streaming.

Some things I knew, but a lot of stuff is new. Lot of personal stories about different performers, done in the typical Ken Burns style. Hank Williams Sr led one of the craziest lives you can imagine - and the guy died at 29.

I realize that country music may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I am finding a lot of it very interesting.

Just wondering - is anyone (besides me) watching the new Ken Burns documentary on Country Music? first four segments ran this week, with four more next week on PBS. I think it's available for streaming.

Some things I knew, but a lot of stuff is new. Lot of personal stories about different performers, done in the typical Ken Burns style. Hank Williams Sr led one of the craziest lives you can imagine - and the guy died at 29.

I realize that country music may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I am finding a lot of it very interesting.

I'm excited for the Hank Williams stuff. I hope there is lots and lots of it. I can probably skip the last few segments I'm assuming.

Has anyone watched the show Succession? If so, what are your thoughts? Curious if it's worth getting in to.

Go Gophers!!

Season 3 of Big Mouth is out! My favorite comedy by far right now.

Has anyone watched the show Succession? If so, what are your thoughts? Curious if it's worth getting in to.

Go Gophers!!

I started watching it last year (?), and got a few episodes in and it wasn't bad, can't recall why I stopped watching. Now that it seems to be getting fantastic ratings and reviews, I'm tempted to jump back into it. I haven't been watching too many series for a while now anyway; sports have taken over what little time I've spent in front of the tv.

I'd say give it a shot, Bleed. If I do end up diving back in, I'll offer up my take. I liked what I saw in the first few episodes, I just stopped. I think I stopped because it was recording at the second house, not at home, and I didn't make it to the second house for a long time and just gave up.

I started watching it last year (?), and got a few episodes in and it wasn't bad, can't recall why I stopped watching. Now that it seems to be getting fantastic ratings and reviews, I'm tempted to jump back into it. I haven't been watching too many series for a while now anyway; sports have taken over what little time I've spent in front of the tv.

I'd say give it a shot, Bleed. If I do end up diving back in, I'll offer up my take. I liked what I saw in the first few episodes, I just stopped. I think I stopped because it was recording at the second house, not at home, and I didn't make it to the second house for a long time and just gave up.

Thanks Ogee, we'll likely give it a shot.

Go Gophers!!

Just finished season 3 of Sneaky Pete (Amazon Prime). Got a little hectic on the story telling in the last few episodes, but liked it overall. Lots of good characters who are far from being perfect role models and the production team enjoys giving older actors prominent roles.

I watched the first two episodes, thought it had some potential, but seemed way too far fetched to me. spoiler: And Brian Cox was by far the best character, and seemed like they are going to kill him off right away? Or maybe he recovers.

That's #1 on my list to watch, but I have a hard time starting new shows.

Big Mouth is very good. My buddy showed it to me about eight months ago. Said that he didn't know if I'd like it because some of the humour is juvenile. Doesn't really matter. The writing is so good and clever that they really don't rely on $hit jokes for laughs. I mean...there are some...and some of those certainly fall flat. I call it the South Park syndrome. The whole pillow/cushion thing is bad. Also helps that they have a great cast.

I just accidentally caught the first two episodes of "The Outsider" on HBO last night. Wow. Highly recommended, at least so far. Based on the Stephen King novel, produced by Jason Bateman, who more-than-capably directed the first two installments. It's well put together and works on several levels.

Last edited:

I just accidentally caught the first two episodes of "The Outsider" on HBO last night. Wow. Highly recommended, at least so far. Based on the Stephen King novel, produced by Jason Bateman, who more-than-capably directed the first two installments. It's well put together and works on several levels.

I'm recording this at the moment. Not sure when I'll have the time to jump into it. It definitely looks good!

^^^ whoaaa, when did Bernie Sanders get a TV show??

I'm recording this at the moment. Not sure when I'll have the time to jump into it. It definitely looks good!
Turned on the TV, quickly got bored with ASU/Colorado, and thought, wonder what's on HBO. Almost instantly, I was like, WHAT is THIS! Breathtaking suspenseful.

Turned on the TV, quickly got bored with ASU/Colorado, and thought, wonder what's on HBO. Almost instantly, I was like, WHAT is THIS! Breathtaking suspenseful.
Is this somewhat in the same vein as True Detective and The Night Of ? High production quality, high powered acting, whodunit's ?

Never got back to reporting on 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime.

Watch it.

Is this somewhat in the same vein as True Detective and The Night Of ? High production quality, high powered acting, whodunit's ?

Everything that HBO does is high quality. Just depends on what you are interested in. There are multiple shows on HBO that I never plan on watching.

Well, I loved The Night Of and all of the True Detectives, yes even the 2nd season. The 3rd season was really good with its set up, and then the payoff was kind of disappointing.

I'm meaning to start watching this. I've heard that Watchmen was great too. And of course new Curb starting back up! I've been slamming episodes of Curb for the past couple of weeks.

Just finished season 2 of 'The Terror' (Infamy). Not quite as good as the first season, since this season was built from scratch and the first season had the book as source material. I wonder how much input Dan Simmons had on this season. But it was very good. The historical aspects make the show quite a bit more interesting in my opinion. And pretty much all of the actors involved had family in the internment camps or had relatives that served for the U.S. during WW2. Pretty neat detail.

Oh....and season 4 of one of the very best television shows will be back soon. With Chris Rock in the lead roll.

Top Bottom