All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Anybody watching "Barry" on HBO? Just caught the first episode, and I think it has real promise. Plus I love Stephen Root.

Anybody watching "Barry" on HBO? Just caught the first episode, and I think it has real promise. Plus I love Stephen Root.

I watched the season. Loved it. Can’t wait for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started watching the second season of Luke Cage on Netflix. I like it, but 'm a sucker for all the super hero series.

If you think Buddy had issues on past seasons of Last Chance U, you ain't seen nothing yet. The head coach at Independence CC makes Buddy seem like a choir boy.

If you think Buddy had issues on past seasons of Last Chance U, you ain't seen nothing yet. The head coach at Independence CC makes Buddy seem like a choir boy.

Haha. I really thought it would suck without Buddy, but I was wrong. They found a white head coach raised by a black family in Compton. You couldn’t make this ****e up.

Started watching the second season of Luke Cage on Netflix. I like it, but 'm a sucker for all the super hero series.

I'm in the middle of going through the Marvels shows on Netflix. Just finished Iron Fist. Reviews for it weren't very good, even saw a few reviews say to just skip it. But I enjoyed it. Not as good as some of the others but still entertaining.

Been catching up on Handmaid's Tale on Hulu (almost through season 1 myself, I think they just finished posting season 2's episodes). I enjoy the acting - especially Elisabeth Moss as the protagonist - but it is tough to watch (subject-matter wise) sometimes. Really pulls you into the story, though - great job of world-building and storytelling.

I'm in the middle of going through the Marvels shows on Netflix. Just finished Iron Fist. Reviews for it weren't very good, even saw a few reviews say to just skip it. But I enjoyed it. Not as good as some of the others but still entertaining.

Yeah, I agree. Danny doesn't quite fit the mold for me, but like you say, entertaining. Now I'm watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Second season of Ozark is out on Netflix. Hope it's as good as the first.

Watched the first 3 episodes so far and its a little political...I need more hardcore drug cartel stuff to keep my attention if its going to go more seasons

Second season of Ozark is out on Netflix. Hope it's as good as the first.
Started the first season. Through about five episodes. I really like it so far. But I also really like Jason Bateman. I've been pleasantly surprised with this (half) season of Arrested Development so far as well. Much better than the last one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We just started American Vandal on Netflix. Pretty funny/creative mockumentary television series based on True Crime. We jumped ahead to season two = Turd Burglar.

I'm about four episodes in to Lodge 49. Cool show, but does it pick up? The pace is, well, slooooooow.

The second season of Atypical is out on Netflix. Just as good as the first season.

I'm about four episodes in to Lodge 49. Cool show, but does it pick up? The pace is, well, slooooooow.

I was pumped for it but have been a little disappointed overall. I am in love with his sister though.

We just started American Vandal on Netflix. Pretty funny/creative mockumentary television series based on True Crime. We jumped ahead to season two = Turd Burglar.

Both seasons are gold. It is so well-done, and the characters are just perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw that as well. I wonder why. Seems to get good reviews.

Maybe because Disney which owns Marvel, are starting their own streaming service. Disney has already said they are pulling their movies from Netflix.

"Disney will end its distribution deal with Netflix and launch its own streaming service, the company announced today. It intends to launch the service in 2019.

The move is a real blow to Netflix, which secured a valuable streaming deal with Disney back in 2012 — before streaming had really taken off. The deal only kicked into effect last year, so Netflix is barely seeing any benefit here.

At the same time, it’s a natural step for Disney, which has a huge library of valuable movies and shows to offer. Disney already makes it hard to get a lot of its top movies — requiring people to purchase, rather than rent, a film for instance — so it makes sense that we’re seeing the company try to draw even bigger profits from streaming.

Netflix won’t lose its Disney movies right away. Disney says it plans to cut Netflix off starting with the studio’s 2019 films, and Netflix says it’ll be able to keep all the Disney movies it gets through the end of that year. That means Netflix should be able to stream the next two Star Wars movies, but it’ll miss out on the new trilogy’s final installment. “We continue to do business with the Walt Disney Company on many fronts, including our ongoing deal with Marvel TV,” said a spokesperson for Netflix."

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/8/16115254/disney-launching-streaming-service-ending-netflix-deal

And....as much as I dislike network TV.....NBC still has a few good shows. A.P. Bio is pretty good. And Superstore is very good. Brooklyn Nine Nine on Fox is great as well. Is Modern Family still on? Anyways.....everything with a laugh track is garbage. It doesn't mask the terrible "jokes". We'll all be better off when Big Bang Theory goes away. And Last Man Standing? Did they revive that trash for the last man laughing?

Just started watching the new season of "Daredevil" on Netflix. seen the 1st two episodes. Looks like it's going to be really dark this season. And, Wilson Fisk (aka the Kingpin) is back as the principal villain.

Top Bottom