All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Better Call Saul keeps getting better. Jimmy really got f*ucked over hard. It appears someone was made to look like the bad guy. Wow.

Better Call Saul keeps getting better. Jimmy really got f*ucked over hard. It appears someone was made to look like the bad guy. Wow.

Show of hands on who predicted how this episode would go?

**Everyone raises hand**

Still a good episode even if it was the most predictable thing to ever happen on TV.

**Everyone raises hand**

Still a good episode even if it was the most predictable thing to ever happen on TV.

True. But it was a damn good scene at the end.

**Everyone raises hand**

While I connected the dots late and had it pegged right before, I was still quite spell bound and thought it was a fantastic lead up. Earlier scenes in the episode talking about good people doing bad things and bad people doing good things, this really filled in the gap and I can see why Jimmy turned into Saul. If his brother feels the law is so sacred, Jimmy is going to make sure he treats it just like the scam artist he is. I'm really excited for future seasons.

Anyone watch the Ken Burns documentary Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies on PBS last week? It's a 3 part series, each two hours long. We've watched the first two so far, very good.

Wynn Duffy on the 911 call, "I don't know where to start". Great line.

Wynn Duffy is going for the money. Vasquez and Art are going for Raylan, albeit for vastly different reasons. Avery is going for the money, Boyd and Wynn Duffy. Boyd is going for the money AND Ava, while Raylan is going for Boyd, Ava and the money. Should be fun next Tuesday. The question I still have is this:

Who the hell did Ava call looking for help before she was grabbed by Constable Bob?

Turn on Netflix right now and watch Daredevil. It's rather violent, so don't watch if that sort of thing bothers you.

Turn on Netflix right now and watch Daredevil. It's rather violent, so don't watch if that sort of thing bothers you.

I agree this is a very dark story line so far. However, I'm glued in.

My wife and I like it so far. Not great but not too bad either. I do wonder how they can keep the show good for an extended period of time though.

They moved too fast with the other people story line imo. January Jones is being wasted as well imo, but there are far worse shows out there.

They moved too fast with the other people story line imo. January Jones is being wasted as well imo, but there are far worse shows out there.

After the last episode, I can see him chucking it all and really trying a "do over". And moving to San Diego or something. After all, since people are coming out of the woodwork, maybe there is a new spot for him to land. Kind of a twist on Groundhog Day. See if he can get it right this time?

I'll take that recommendation. Thanks. Just caught up on Homeland and needed something else.

Let us know what you think. The fight scene in episode two is ridiculous. A single shot, no edits.

Two episodes in and it's definitely holding my attention. That hallway fight scene was phenomenal.

If you're in the mood for a good comedy and haven't already heard about it. I really enjoy Silicon Valley on HBO. The second season just started. It caters to my nerdy side, and I honestly laugh out loud multiple times in nearly every episode.

My only complaint is the seasons are too short at 8 episodes and 30 minutes each episode. Although I guess the 2nd season is 10 episodes. Still too short. I guess that is a positive if you want to catch up quickly though.

If you're in the mood for a good comedy and haven't already heard about it. I really enjoy Silicon Valley on HBO. The second season just started. It caters to my nerdy side, and I honestly laugh out loud multiple times in nearly every episode.

My only complaint is the seasons are too short at 8 episodes and 30 minutes each episode. Although I guess the 2nd season is 10 episodes. Still too short. I guess that is a positive if you want to catch up quickly though.

Agreed here, I'm a big fan of Silicon Valley.

per EW:

It’s official: Homeland is pulling out of the Middle East.

Showtime announced Monday that its acclaimed espionage drama is going to Germany for season 5. According to the network, Homeland will become the first American television series to ever to shoot a full season entirely in Germany. The new season will be filmed at Studio Babelsberg in Berlin.

We’re told the new season will pick-up two years after Carrie Mathison’s (Claire Danes) ill-fated tenure as Islamabad station chief. “Struggling to reconcile her guilt and disillusionment with years of working on the front lines in the ‘war on terror,’ Carrie finds herself in a self-imposed exile in Berlin, estranged from the CIA and working for a private security firm.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/2...5?hootPostID=83a8fd46fa1528e8d1c06a89dc412b5e

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom