All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Kinda lowbrow, but worth a half hour of viewing:

So Silicon Valley is over for the summer, what do we do now? Go... Go outside?

Per Jammer's recommendation, "Rectify" on NetFlix. But Gee Dee It, when is season 3 going to be available!?!?

Thanks, Jammer. Really interesting.

Suits is back!!

Rachel-Zane-Suits-outfits.jpg

Go Rachel Zane!!

The first two episodes of Suits this season (Season 6), continue my long held opinion that the best Drama series finish after Season 5.

Go Gophers!!

You guys should all check out The Night Of on HBO. It's a 10 episode miniseries and it's 2 episodes in. Critics seem to like it and I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

Anyone watching Mr. Robot? Angela's karaoke performance was amazing in the last episode. She didn't blink through the first verse and looked completely lost and soulless.

Great show.

Trying to find the TV series in the 60's called the : "Valiant Years" with Richard Burton doing the voice over as Winston Churchill. I was hoping it would've been put in a DVD package to purchase. Burton was amazing doing Churchill.

Enjoying the Netflix series "Luke Cage". Whole season is available so it's easy to binge watch.

I had not even known of the web series High Maintenance until HBO picked it up. Now having a chance to check out past seasons before watching the new HBO productions, and gosh darn it, I simply love the show. Character driven; new characters each episode; some characters recur in later shows, and interrelationships are revealed. It's about the human condition, man!

Enjoying the Netflix series "Luke Cage". Whole season is available so it's easy to binge watch.

This one has a little different tone than the other Marvel series that have run on Netflix. More time on character development and less time on super-heroics (at least through 1st four episodes. Damn job keeps getting in the way of my TV watching....) Some interesting performances by a mostly black, hispanic and/or Asian cast.

The wife and I just got done, at a friends suggestion, plowing through the first 3 seasons of The Blacklist. Not a terrible show, I really really like the James Spader character for the most part (some of the others are lacking).

Started digging around on some internet searches and ended up trying the first episode of "Sherlock" last night; modern day Sherlock Holmes and Watson with Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock. It was good enough that I'll give it another episodes.

As referenced above, I made my way through "The Night Of" on HBO; it wasn't bad, not nearly as good as True Detective and obviously The Wire from HBO. Not sure I would tell people to run right out and watch it immediately.

The BBC sherlock is absolutely fantastic.

I finished Luke Cage also, and really, really enjoyed it. I thought Cottonmouth did a fantastic job from an acting standpoint.

A classic show is HBO's Deadwood. If you have not seen it, highly recommended (however, language is not kids friendly!).

What did people think of 1990's "Alias" with Jennifer Garner? I was surprised how much I liked it, until the lame ending. The last season was a bit of a bummer, but seasons 1-4 are worth watching.

If you aren't watching Atlanta I highly recommend it. My favorite new sitcom.

A classic show is HBO's Deadwood. If you have not seen it, highly recommended (however, language is not kids friendly!).

What did people think of 1990's "Alias" with Jennifer Garner? I was surprised how much I liked it, until the lame ending. The last season was a bit of a bummer, but seasons 1-4 are worth watching.

In January, HBO announced that there was indeed a Deadwood TV movie in development. Here's a short interview with Kim Dickens (Joanie Stubbs) from 8/16 talking about it.

Ten years ago this month, HBO brought Deadwood to a premature conclusion after three seasons, which enraged fans. And if you really want to get them pissed off, ask them how much they liked John From Cincinnati! HBO offered hardcore Deadwood fans some small chance that the series could return as a miniseries or a TV movie. But it’s been a decade, and there’s been little movement on the project…until now.

Earlier this year, (1/6/16) HBO admitted that Deadwood TV film was finally in the works, although series creator David Milch didn’t seem to be in much of a hurry to finish writing it. However, Entertainment Weekly recently spoke with former Deadwood star Kim Dickens, and she said that she has not only met with Milch about the project, he read her a few scenes from the script.

“We sat at lunch and he read a few scenes to me between Stubbs, Tolliver, and Jane,” related Dickens. “He read all the parts. It was amazing, it was funny, it was sad. It was all that it was.” She added that “lots of [former Deadwood cast members] have had our lunches with him…I just know that everybody would do whatever they could to be a part of it.”

Dickens portrayed Joanie Stubbs on the series, an enterprising woman was the owner of the Chez Amis. She’s currently the star of Fear The Walking Dead on AMC, which illustrates one of the biggest obstacles in the way of a Deadwood comeback. Almost all of the major cast members continue to be in high demand, with film and television projects of their own. Despite that, Dickens expressed hope that HBO and Milch are “aiming for sooner than later” for the reunion film.

Considering that there isn’t even a production schedule firmly in place it seems like we’re at least a year or two away from finding some closure in Deadwood. But knowing Milch, it could be even longer than that.

Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/entertai...ers-deadwood-movie-update#4b7AIRhk9mKZySAl.99

We started watching Designated Survivor. Not too bad so far. I didn't realize that is a real thing,

We started watching Designated Survivor. Not too bad so far. I didn't realize that is a real thing,

I've gotten hooked on this one as well. Much more entertaining watching this political drama than the real-life ones on the news networks.

I've gotten hooked on this one as well. Much more entertaining watching this political drama than the real-life ones on the news networks.

I was a big 24 fan so had to see what Kiefer's new show was all about.

This scene is a great reminder how fantastic The Office was in its prime:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Dunder Mifflin!!

Showtime surprisingly, surreptitiously posted a TV-14 version of the Season 3 premier of The Affair on YouTube. It will officially air Sunday the 20th.

I've set the DVR to record the National Geographic show "MARS" which starts tonight. Looks interesting.

Humanity is still years away from landing on Mars, but the first documentary to look back at that achievement is already complete.

The six-part television docudrama "MARS," premiering on the National Geographic Channel Monday night (Nov. 14), chronicles the first mission to the Red Planet in 2033 using footage of the crew's activities on the surface and through "flashbacks" to 2016, when the journey to Mars began.

"I think it is surprisingly and almost shockingly, in a way, as accurate as it could possibly be," said Stephen Petranek, author of the book "How We'll Live on Mars" (2015, Simon & Schuster), which served as the basis for the production. "The idea here, originally, was to make this as entertaining as possible so you'd get a large audience, but that people would actually learn something while watching it."

http://www.space.com/34715-mars-natgeo-documentary-premiere-monday.html

Trailer for Season 6 of Homeland, which starts in about a month.

Go Gophers!!

They have run two high school theater skits making fun of movements also. Really on point with their humor.

Top Bottom