All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Yes. Very Good. I grew up in the Twin Cities and was raised on AWA, but for some reason we picked up WCW (Texas) wrestling on Saturday's and occasionally some NWA. As a result, I knew who Flair was from a very young age. Very well done, in my opinion.

13+5 x 7 x 22. Incredible that he stayed alive, much less wrestled 6 of 7 nights.

Great entertainer, horrible husband and father.

Cartoons!

Oh.....yeah.....I'll probably not be into it. The first few seasons of Family Guy were fantastic. It got more absurd and the jokes more lazy as it went on. My favorite cartoon of all time is Futurama. Brilliant show on FOX. Came back on Comedy Central (which I was very excited for) and really let me down. American Dad has been pretty solid throughout the years, although it's never been a weekly viewing for me. South Park IMO......has been declining every year. I stopped watching it as appointment viewing after season 7 or so. Unsupervised on FX was great as well. It's too bad that it didn't gain more traction. I was pissed when it wasn't renewed. Why? To make room for 'Men Seeking Women"......which is complete trash.

Finally.....gotta give some love to my A2 favorite cartoon of all time......'The Life and Times of Tim'. It got three seasons on HBO from 2008-2012. One of the funniest shows of all time. The first episode was titled "Angry Unpaid Hooker". Gives you an idea of the show's tone. I miss this show more than anything.

If you haven't checked out The Venture Brothers, you really ought to. I put it right up there with Golden Age Simpsons and first run Futurama. You do want to watch it in order from the beginning as it has a lot of ongoing story lines and a lot of jokes only make sense if you've seen previous episodes. There are only six seasons because of how they produce the and write the show.

If you haven't checked out The Venture Brothers, you really ought to. I put it right up there with Golden Age Simpsons and first run Futurama. You do want to watch it in order from the beginning as it has a lot of ongoing story lines and a lot of jokes only make sense if you've seen previous episodes. There are only six seasons because of how they produce the and write the show.

Loved The Venture Brothers. Best cartoons in my mind are Venture Brothers, Archer, Mike Tyson Mysteries and now Big Mouth.

Loved The Venture Brothers. Best cartoons in my mind are Venture Brothers, Archer, Mike Tyson Mysteries and now Big Mouth.

I'll have to look into Tyson and Big Mouth. Not familiar at all with the latter. Gotta admire Archer for it's reboot attempts even when they don't always work. They recognized they were getting repetitive and tried the various new settings. Archer Vice didn't really work for me but the film noir setting last season was very solid, especially the first 3 or 4 episodes.

Next on my list is BoJack Horseman. It sounds amazing. Just look at the voice actors! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3398228/fullcredits/

Just finished The Punisher on Netflix. Jon Bernthal stars as Frank Castle. He dishes out the punishment and takes it. I liked it. Looks like it is set up for a second season.

haven't read the whole thread so not sure if these have been covered but here are a few that my wife and I liked
Luther - British detective series on Netflix

These are on Amazon
Bosch - based on the Michael Connelly novels
The Hunted - my wife and I loved this show
Strike Back - Cinemax (defintely adult themed ) highly entertaining about an anti terrorism group

haven't read the whole thread so not sure if these have been covered but here are a few that my wife and I liked

These are on Amazon
Strike Back - Cinemax (defintely adult themed ) highly entertaining about an anti terrorism group

Bosch and Hunted are two that I was looking at when I browse around Amazon Prime. I'll have to take a look, if I ever get time!

These are on Amazon

I never really got into 'Strike Back'. However......'Banshee'......also on Cinemax was excellent.

I never really got into 'Strike Back'. However......'Banshee'......also on Cinemax was excellent.

I don’t know if I would say “excellent” but I decided to watch all the seasons about a year ago and it was pretty entertaining and damn, that guy got a lot of ass. For that, I give two big thumbs up!! Nicely done!

The trailer for the new season of Drunk History is out. Like the show, and would also like to see their outtakes. ;)

Here's the link to the trailer: http://splitsider.com/2017/11/the-season-5-drunk-history-trailer-is-extremely-star-studded/

Here's the list of actors for this season:

Busy Philipps, Evan Rachel Wood, Mandy Moore, Alexander Skarsgård, Jack McBrayer, Vanessa Bayer, Jillian Bell, Jack Black, Josh Charles, Rob Corddry, Kat Dennings, Kirsten Dunst, Eric Edelstein, Donald Faison, Kevin Farley, Rich Fulcher, Kimiko Glenn, Tony Hale, Colin Hanks, David Harbour, Brian Tyree Henry, John Michael Higgins, Vanessa Hudgens, O’Shea Jackson Jr., David Koechner, Johnny Knoxville, Jane Krakowski, Abbi Jacobson, Daryl Johnson, Alex Karpovsky, Taran Killam, Justin Long, Method Man, Jason Mantzoukas, Tatiana Maslany, Jayma Mays, Joel McHale, Sheaun McKinney, Jerry O’Connell, Keir O’Donnell, Bob Odenkirk, Randall Park, Jesse Plemons, Lauren Potter, Richard Riehle, Jason Ritter, Seth Rogen, Angus Sampson, Paul Scheer, Martin Starr, Ali Stroker, Raven Symoné, Jorma Taccone, Amber Tamblyn, Allison Tolman, Shannon Woodward, Jimmy O. Yang, and Weird Al Yankovic

Even if you're not a baby boomer, this documentary is of great interest.

I only watched one season of American Horror Story (Asylum)....which was good. Never really got into any of the other seasons. Anywho.......the SYFY channel has a far better horror anthology series: 'Channel Zero'. The first season, Candle Cove, was super creepy. The latest season, No End House, was fantastic. Only six episodes a season too....so a pretty quick watch.

I only watched one season of American Horror Story (Asylum)....which was good. Never really got into any of the other seasons. Anywho.......the SYFY channel has a far better horror anthology series: 'Channel Zero'. The first season, Candle Cove, was super creepy. The latest season, No End House, was fantastic. Only six episodes a season too....so a pretty quick watch.

American Horror (last season) was the worst season of anything I have ever seen. We kept with it just to see if it could get more ridiculous.

American Horror (last season) was the worst season of anything I have ever seen. We kept with it just to see if it could get more ridiculous.

Check out Channel Zero if you are into that type of show. At least where I live....both seasons (six 45min episodes) are available on demand. Start with the second season. I think that it got moving a little quicker. But they are both very good.

Watching a western series on Netflix that just came out called Godless. Worth watching.

Just finished The Punisher on Netflix. Jon Bernthal stars as Frank Castle. He dishes out the punishment and takes it. I liked it. Looks like it is set up for a second season.
Started watching is and liked it, but it was so dark (literally) I couldn’t tell what was going half the time. Haven’t finished it.

Big Little Lies hauls in quite a few Golden Globe nominations. Gives me one more chance to praise this series. The most artistic and literary thing I've seen on TV in...I don't know when. As well as its been recognized, it's still underappreciated.

These are on Amazon

Liked Strike Back (for some reason reminded me of Banshee, which I enjoyed). Watching The Hunted now after seeing your post.

The Office Revival Eyed at NBC for 2018-2019 Season

NBC is getting ready to put pen to paper on a revival of The Office.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the Peacock network is eyeing a continuation of the beloved workplace comedy for the 2018-2019 season. The revival would once again be set at Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton, PA., branch, and feature a mix of new and old cast members. Steve Carell, who starred as the branch’s regional manager, Michael Scott, for seven of the comedy’s nine seasons, will not be involved in the new series. The search for a new RM/boss is said to be already underway.

NBC declined to comment on or confirm any details of this story.

Roughly a month before NBC’s successful relaunch of Will & Grace, network president Bob Greenblatt revealed to reporters that his revival wish list included The Office (as well as 30 Rock). “We often talk about The Office,” the exec told our sister site Deadline. “I’ve talked to Greg [Daniels] four times over the past few years. It’s always, ‘Maybe someday, but not now’. There is certainly an open invitation, but we don’t have anything happening right now. If he wants to do it, I would do it.”

http://tvline.com/2017/12/18/the-office-revival-nbc-2018-new-cast/

Go Gophers!!

Season 7 of Homeland starts this Sunday:

Go Gophers!!

I recently picked up The Good Place (Ted Danson, Kristen Bell). It's lighthearted but pretty funny, easily digestible, and good show to watch to wind down the day. Created by Michael Schur (The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine) so the writing is well done for my tastes. Season one is on Netflix/Season two available to stream from NBC.

I recently picked up The Good Place (Ted Danson, Kristen Bell). It's lighthearted but pretty funny, easily digestible, and good show to watch to wind down the day. Created by Michael Schur (The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine) so the writing is well done for my tastes. Season one is on Netflix/Season two available to stream from NBC.

And it's only 24 24-minute episodes.

Great read about the best TV show ever made, and this book looks like a must read for The Wire fans.

The Ringer: Sheeeeeeeee-it: The Secret History of the Politics in ‘The Wire’

In this exclusive excerpt from the forthcoming oral history of HBO’s beloved drama, discover the origins of Clay Davis’s signature saying, the real-life politicians the show’s Baltimore power players are based on, and more

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/2...litics-season-three-clay-davis-carcetti-royce

Go The Wire!!

Season 7 of Homeland starts this Sunday:

Go Gophers!!

Wish I could get excited about this but the show lost me in the first couple episodes of last season. It sure seemed to shift very strongly to pro-terrorism, veering hard left in a number of ways. Became unwatchable on multiple levels.

Great read about the best TV show ever made, and this book looks like a must read for The Wire fans.

The Ringer: Sheeeeeeeee-it: The Secret History of the Politics in ‘The Wire’

In this exclusive excerpt from the forthcoming oral history of HBO’s beloved drama, discover the origins of Clay Davis’s signature saying, the real-life politicians the show’s Baltimore power players are based on, and more

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/2...litics-season-three-clay-davis-carcetti-royce

Go The Wire!!

That's awesome!! That will be an absolute must-read. So many characters that were just fantastic. I would love to get the wife to finally get into it but she's not the type to get that deep into a show. I often tell people, The Wire isn't a show that you can watch while you're washing the dishes or only half-engaged. Maybe that's my OCD kicking in but I felt the need to jump in neck-deep and catch every minute detail.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Is anyone watching "Counterpart" on Starz, with J.K. Simmons? I'm recording it and have only watched the first episode; seems decent so far, even though it's not EXACTLY the type of show that I would watch. Simmons is just a great, often unheralded actor. Love most of his characters and his work on TV and in film.

I'm also recording "Waco" but haven't watched an episode yet. I wonder if that is turning out to be any good either?

It sure seemed to shift very strongly to pro-terrorism, veering hard left in a number of ways.

I haven't watched a second of the show and never will, but it sure is neat how you equate the left with pro-terrorism - because that isn't an asinine and absurd line of thinking at all.

Wife and I just finished Fauda on Netflix. Probably the most intense series I've ever watched. Remarkable series about Israel anti terrorism. i believe it was made and produced in Israel and then picked up by Netflix.

I haven't watched a second of the show and never will, but it sure is neat how you equate the left with pro-terrorism - because that isn't an asinine and absurd line of thinking at all.

I am shocked, and quite honestly a little bit concerned that you could somehow connect those dots on your own; I think it’s terrible that you would equate the left with pro-terrorism. What are you thinking? Sure there may be some misguided folks, on both sides of the equation, but for you to draw that conclusion, you ought to be ashamed. The liberals on the board don’t deserve that kind of disdain from you.

Top Bottom