Martez Shabazz commits to Minn

My thoughts exactly. You risk kicking to a possible home run every time. Maybe we'd see a lot of fat man kick returns a la Tommy O.:D
I said this in a thread a long time ago but one of the funnier moments this past year was when the announcer stated that Olson was back deep with the other two returners.

To be able to transfer to Baylor he needed an overall 2.5 GPA including the D's so he'll be ok. He had to sprinkle a couple of A's in to balance out the D's so he should be able to do he work. The U will let him retake any classes needed on scholarship so he can get in here. Actually it might not be a bad way to get acclimated to the U. I expect that Coach Kill will have a long talk with him about academics.

Ogee Oglethorpe said:
Great news to see a handful of JUCO DB recruits lined up right now, especially if many of them can be in school for spring ball.

Important to remember that they don't have to come up big on ALL of them. If Kill brings in 3-4 JUCO DB's and if even just 2 of them are BT starting caliber for 1-2 years, he'll have done his job and I'd be ecstatic. Not all of the JUCO's (or HS recruits for that matter) have to be All-BT material for them to be solid additions.

The secondary is a major concern next year. Coming up big on a couple of JUCO's would really solidify things.

Ogree is so correct!

A great number of private schools are sh*theaps that let anyone in. Is Baylor seriously harder to get in to than the U of M? I guess it's possible but I strongly doubt it.

Do some research, Baylor is a highly respected academic school...

Sparlimb said:
Do some research, Baylor is a highly respected academic school...

Yup, ranked a few spots lower than Minnesota with the same acceptance rate.

Top Bottom