I still can't figure out why

husker70

Reaction score
No one has any info on the weight and conditioning program at the U, and that seems to be the focus of the problem. If the team is "going to live in the weight room" where is the coverage? What are the strength levels of the offensive line currently? Is there an area roped off for record setters? Are all time records on a wall somewhere? Who is the leader in the weight room on this team?

Coach Hill has been interviewed by The Gopher Lady, but nothing more. No blog entries, no wispers, nothing on The Tim Brewster Show. Bigger, stronger, and not wearing down are the goals. But just what are the levels we are talking about? Rather than being propriety about the program, open it up.

hang and clean or power clean?
squat
bench press
10 yard times
vertical leap
standing broad jump
pro agility drill

Simple numbers, translate to converting third and short.

No one has any info on the weight and conditioning program at the U, and that seems to be the focus of the problem. If the team is "going to live in the weight room" where is the coverage? What are the strength levels of the offensive line currently? Is there an area roped off for record setters? Are all time records on a wall somewhere? Who is the leader in the weight room on this team?

Coach Hill has been interviewed by The Gopher Lady, but nothing more. No blog entries, no wispers, nothing on The Tim Brewster Show. Bigger, stronger, and not wearing down are the goals. But just what are the levels we are talking about? Rather than being propriety about the program, open it up.

hang and clean or power clean?
squat
bench press
10 yard times
vertical leap
standing broad jump
pro agility drill

Simple numbers, translate to converting third and short.

I don't have numbers for you but if you go to www.play4brew.com there is information about Coach Hill under the coaches section and there are testimonials under the player development section.

i don't know about releasing this kind of info in college football, but i know that in other performance sports, releasing that kind of data can be detrimental because it is always better to keep the other guy guessing. knowing the weight that the o-line of the opposite team is throwing around could be a huge motivator for the d-line. especially if it is not that much.

I think Hill is one of the foundations of what I think Brew believes will make him successful here. They invested in Hill, he's well established and brings proven skills in developing strength and conditioning. But you're talking about a position dominated by strength conditioning and technical skill. Freshmen and sophmores are not going to fare well.

i dont know if they still have it but a few years ago i worked at bierman and they had a big board up with all the team leaders and their numbers in all the stregth and conditioning categories right in the weight room.

Top Bottom