White, Gold and Matte Maroon helmets

Is this what you'd like to see or another 'insider' offering?

I really hope we let Nike just do there thing with our unis, including helmets. NOT trying to start a debate over 'classic' vs 'modern'...i just like the Nikified uniforms.

Look at LSU and put maroon where the purple is and then we look like GOPHERS

The new unis around the nation are mostly awful - look at Stanford - they have a classic home uniform of red and white, but went with an all-plum ugliness last night. The classics; Auburn, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Texas, Nebraska - look best. Maryland has had the worst of the new ones. Our maroon helmets, with a maroon jersey, create a hard-nosed look. I'm for keeping them, whatever the color of the pants (white, gold, maroon, etc.)

It wouldn't be a bad look. Miami (Ohio) did something similar for a bowl game last year.

54570740.jpg

I just hope they don't let Nike turn the team into a gaudy billboard. Their unis usually look like wardrobe leftovers from Rollerball or Tron.

Go with a retro look, like Michigan did this year.

The best of 'em all

Some of the new uniforms are way out there. I'd agree that Maryland takes the cake as the worst.

On the other hand, the big winner is Arizona State. Their team didn't perform well, but the new uniforms and logo looked very nice. Thumbs up. Way up.

The combination of white pants and gold jersey which they wore Sat. is really ugly IMHO. Shou

My ranking of the home uni combos

1. Maroon tops gold pants
2. Gold tops maroon pants
3. Maroon tops white pants
4. Maroon tops maroon pants
5. Gold tops gold pants
6. Gold tops white pants

bermaGOPHERfan said:
The combination of white pants and gold jersey which they wore Sat. is really ugly IMHO. Shou

Disagree - Kind of liked that for an alternate jersey.

If we played every game like we did against Illinois in those uniforms, then I say we wear them every week!

I liked the black helmets that Stanford wore with the dark uniforms. They gave the warrior appearance (navy seals) and looked nasty. Remember, you have to appeal to the players, you are not going to find too many players that will want to wear those retro leather helmets.

I liked the black helmets that Stanford wore with the dark uniforms. They gave the warrior appearance (navy seals) and looked nasty. Remember, you have to appeal to the players, you are not going to find too many players that will want to wear those retro leather helmets.

I'm getting real tired of mixing sports and the military. One is a little more important that the other. I'm sure most of you can figure out which one.

I propose a separation of sports and military.

And the pic to prove it
473127779.jpg

this is a very zoomed in picture. Too me this looks like their small uniform number on the back of the helmet. Could be the side though, too hard to tell.

I think we'll see how those numbers turn out.. but I'm guessing they are small numbers on the side of the helmet. I don't think they are on the back because I think you'd see the back padding underneath them if they were. That said, the clear rectangle plastic looking stuff I believe is just part of the bonding of the numbers to the helmet and not part of the actual decals themselves.

I could be wrong.

Either way, Crazy Joe isn't looking so crazy now.

I think we'll see how those numbers turn out.. but I'm guessing they are small numbers on the side of the helmet. I don't think they are on the back because I think you'd see the back padding underneath them if they were. That said, the clear rectangle plastic looking stuff I believe is just part of the bonding of the numbers to the helmet and not part of the actual decals themselves.

I could be wrong.

Either way, Crazy Joe isn't looking so crazy now.

What's the saying about a blind squirrel and a nut? His posting history would indicate that he chose an appropriate moniker.

Top Bottom