Battle for Atlantis 2012

From ESPN Insider today, when discussing teams with tough nonconference schedules (and Duke being one of their choices), it appears that the writer Gasaway presumes that Duke will beat the Gophers as he suggests that Duke will play the winner of VCU-Memphis:

"Many of Duke's competitors in a loaded Battle 4 Atlantis field are using that event in the Bahamas as their primary or sole exposure to top competition. For Mike Krzyzewski's men, conversely, games against Minnesota, the winner of VCU-Memphis, and a team from the other side of the bracket that quite possibly could be Louisville will represent nonconference business as usual."

I am officially in. Poured a pile of FF miles in to get flight on Delta. Will be there from Monday to Monday and be able to visit some folks on a year of service while I am there. Tickets should be made available soon, per good sources. Here's hoping for a repeat of PR a couple years ago.

I am officially in. Poured a pile of FF miles in to get flight on Delta. Will be there from Monday to Monday and be able to visit some folks on a year of service while I am there. Tickets should be made available soon, per good sources. Here's hoping for a repeat of PR a couple years ago.

What are you doing for hotel/other arrangements?

What are you doing for hotel/other arrangements?

Private residence about 10 minute walk from Atlantis. Friend of a friend is down there and welcoming. I am told you don't walk in the dark down there, so I will cab it at night and walk during the day.

Slight change of subject, but anyone know the deal on AXS TV where most of the games will be televised? I checked my Comcast channel listings and I don't think I receive it. Anyone got the lowdown on AXS TV? I really don't want to go to a bar to watch this thing on Thanksgiving Day.

Slight change of subject, but anyone know the deal on AXS TV where most of the games will be televised? I checked my Comcast channel listings and I don't think I receive it. Anyone got the lowdown on AXS TV? I really don't want to go to a bar to watch this thing on Thanksgiving Day.

AXS TV is Mark Cuban's channel, formerly known as HDNet. I get it on DirecTV. Not a bad little channel at certain times. It's either not available at all on Comcast, or only in selected areas - I can't remember which.

420 & 905 (both HD, it appears ) for me (Comcast Digital in Minneapolis).

Don't get it in Rogers..... :-(

I will have to find a friend with DirecTV.

I read a forum from last year's tournament that Connecticut's comcast picked up AXS for the event hoping they do the same here in town, everybody call comcast and tell them you want AXS for that weekend I need to see that tournament!!!!

It looks like it is on the Digital Preferred level, but not the Digital Starter in the West Metro.

Can someone explain to 1500 that the Battle4Atlantis is not in Maui.

Any idea on how many gopher fans we have going?? I know I am going with 8 people and looking to see the gophers pull off some more early season upsets, only a week or so out, roll call?

Any idea on how many gopher fans we have going?? I know I am going with 8 people and looking to see the gophers pull off some more early season upsets, only a week or so out, roll call?

I talked with the Creative Charter folks and I think they said they have about 60-80 going with them. I am travelling on my own but will sit with the CC contingent. I have no idea how ticket sales are going, but apparently they do it through a voucher after they know what teams are playing in what sessions on day 2 and 3.

Air fare is forcing a Monday departure and Monday return. I will do some visiting with people I know there, but bring plenty of reading material and sing for my supper where I am staying.

Looks like comcast in Minnetonka the game will be on 420. Just saw the add promoting the games.

talked to a comcast rep, sounds like the game WILL NOT be picked up :( off to BWW on thanksgiving i will not miss this game!

This tournament is a little scary for me. I know we have a lot of optimism coming into this season (I expect big things from this team), but there is some stiff competition. We have a good chance to grab a huge win or two (finishing in the top half of this tournament would be solid). However, we also have a chance to show that we don't belong with the big boys (like Bucky did last night).

Top Bottom