What I liked about the game in Dyche Stadium

6 Nov 1999

Reaction score
Traditional mid 20th Century Big Ten college game day atmosphere. There was no piped in recorded amplified artificial music that I remember hearing. If there was, it was filtered by the BTN2 broadcast. The NU band wasn't playing any of the Darth Vader theme music. I am so sick and tired of Star Wars bull$hit. From my living room vantage point, it actually felt like a college football game. The only thing that was missing is the single engine propeller planes dragging advertising streamers. But that is a post 09/11/2001 casualty. I don't know if I miss the airplanes flying above and around Memorial Stadium (and other Big Ten stadiums) or not. It was part of the game day atmosphere I remember from my younger days. Anyway, nice to not have to hear the NFL / NBA / NHL / WNBA / MLB artificial recorded amplified garbage music (noise). Not good that we lost. Dyche Stadium today had good college game day atmosphere like I think it should be. Better luck next week. If there is one wish I could make for the Illinois game, it would be to turn off all the recorded music, amplifiers, and speakers. If we are going to make noise, it should come from the University of Minnesota Marching Band and the fans. And please, Minnesota Marching Band, drop the tired old crappy Star Wars shtick. Play what you are supposed to play, University of Minnesota fight songs, The Rouser, John Phillips Sousa's Minnesota March, Go Gopher Victory, Minnesota Fight, etc. https://music.umn.edu/ensembles/marchingmedia Thank you!

I had a good a good time at the stadium today, but it was obvious the band was mic'd up which is no big deal but I will never complain about TCF not filling up after today. The MN fans that were at lot 3 were a blast today and would tailgate with them anytime! Go Gophers

Compare MN attendance to NW - They have awinning team and what was the attendance today 30,000 at best... Just think how many would show up with our record there.

Traditional mid 20th Century Big Ten college game day atmosphere. There was no piped in recorded amplified artificial music that I remember hearing. If there was, it was filtered by the BTN2 broadcast. The NU band wasn't playing any of the Darth Vader theme music. I am so sick and tired of Star Wars bull$hit. From my living room vantage point, it actually felt like a college football game. The only thing that was missing is the single engine propeller planes dragging advertising streamers. But that is a post 09/11/2001 casualty. I don't know if I miss the airplanes flying above and around Memorial Stadium (and other Big Ten stadiums) or not. It was part of the game day atmosphere I remember from my younger days. Anyway, nice to not have to hear the NFL / NBA / NHL / WNBA / MLB artificial recorded amplified garbage music (noise). Not good that we lost. Dyche Stadium today had good college game day atmosphere like I think it should be. Better luck next week. If there is one wish I could make for the Illinois game, it would be to turn off all the recorded music, amplifiers, and speakers. If we are going to make noise, it should come from the University of Minnesota Marching Band and the fans. And please, Minnesota Marching Band, drop the tired old crappy Star Wars shtick. Play what you are supposed to play, University of Minnesota fight songs, The Rouser, John Phillips Sousa's Minnesota March, Go Gopher Victory, Minnesota Fight, etc. https://music.umn.edu/ensembles/marchingmedia Thank you!

...and stay off his lawn!

I agree with you.

Signed,

Current U of M undergrad.

Translation: "I don't like amplified music and I don't like Star Wars tunes!... A lot... And did I mention amplified music?"

Ditto!!!!!!!! the pregame rap junk at TCF is terrible!! let the band do their thing

There was definitely pre-recorded music playing at the stadium. I remember hearing it on mote than one occasion when the Gopher offense was on third down.

There was definitely pre-recorded music playing at the stadium. I remember hearing it on mote than one occasion when the Gopher offense was on third down.

Was at the game. Every single 3rd down (and i mean EVERY) they played a Metallica song piped in very loudly over the speakers. Tons of advertisements and sponsorships on the screen, videos of interviews with players, piped in music to dance to, 3/4th quarter break piped in music, etc. Felt very similar to any other game I've been to in the B1G recently.

Don't they still pipe in that lame wildcat roar too?

DocfromDarwin said:
Ditto!!!!!!!! the pregame rap junk at TCF is terrible!! let the band do their thing

Why don't you just come late then. All you do is b#tch about everything on this site.

As with the uniform argument, recruits love big jumbotrons and rap music. That's all that matters to the program, and they will always cater to the recruits.

Alot of complaints on here about lack of student interest but the little things that might attract them are also criticized, I don't think this music is for the over 40 crowd.

jovs said:
Alot of complaints on here about lack of student interest but the little things that might attract them are also criticized, I don't think this music is for the over 40 crowd.

Jovs nailed it!! College football is not just for the old crowd.

Top Bottom