Andrew Larson - - EP v. Totino Grace

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
He had another big game in EP's thrashing of Totino Grace. I am too lazy to google his actual stats but it's something like 17 carries 140 yards and 2 TDs (in like a half of work).

EP was up 41-0 at half.

It'll be fun for Gopher fans to see what he can do against a really good D next week (both Wayzata and Cretin have stellar defenses).

I hope he continues to impress and gets that Gopher offer. It will also be an opportunity to check out Drake Michaelson, a really good LB from EP, who has been in contact with the U, has some smaller Div 1 offers ( I believe ). The Minnetonka coach said Michaelson reminded him of James Laurinitas (spelling?).

I watched him play vs Wayzata. The EP coach said he had a knee injury. I think it definitely affected him, as I did not see any pure speed or big runs. Wayzata D had him bottled up most of the night, but he did have 20 carries for 100yds.

My opinion......the program lists his size a little generously. He looked like the smallest guy out there. Not sure he has the size to be consistent player in B10. reminds me of the Minnett kid from a few years ago.

Didn' t he finish with 4td's? I think height can be overated for rb's. Low center of gravity running behind your blockers can make it difficult. Kid is tenacious. Michaelson is interesting too. I know people can think coaches always talk up their players. Mike Grant is not known for for it.

I'm guessing he end up at one of the Dakota schools and does very well.

I'm guessing he end up at one of the Dakota schools and does very well.

Tyrel Kool is graduating so, Larson would probably be a 4 year starter at SDSU. SDSU also has a redshirted freshman Zach Zenner (sp?) that went to Eagan or Edina. He's a pretty good back, but Larson's probably better.

NDSU graduates McNorton, but their backup Ojori (sp?) I think would start over Larson.

I wouldn't but that's just me.

Zenner > Larson and it isn't close. Zenner average 9 yards a carry his senior year with a much worse team around him.

I wouldn't but that's just me.

Zenner > Larson and it isn't close. Zenner average 9 yards a carry his senior year with a much worse team around him.

Thanks Rosemountain. I really didn't know much about Zenner. Did Zenner get any FBS looks?

No. He didn't really bloom until the summer between his jr and sr year. Really he didn't start dominating till about the third game of his senior year. A little late in the game for high majors. Great get for sdsu. Ndsu was after him hard.

That was the year everyone talked vraa, I actually thought Zenner was the better player.
Don't know if he was quite fast enough to play big ten running back. But IMO he certainly could have been a contributor somewhere. He was tough as nails. Played wr his junior year.

No. He didn't really bloom until the summer between his jr and sr year. Really he didn't start dominating till about the third game of his senior year. A little late in the game for high majors. Great get for sdsu. Ndsu was after him hard.

That was the year everyone talked vraa, I actually thought Zenner was the better player.
Don't know if he was quite fast enough to play big ten running back. But IMO he certainly could have been a contributor somewhere. He was tough as nails. Played wr his junior year.

Speaking of Vraa. Several people on this site were all upset that the Gophers didn't offer him. I heard he was hurt last year but has he done anything for NDSU this year? I watched him for a day at NDSU's camp between his Jr and Sr years and was not too impressed.

Zenner has got plenty of playing time for SDSU. I'm not sure about Vraa. I don't remember him playing in the NDSU-SDSU game in Brookings.

Top Bottom