Prep Bowl Semifinals - WATCH Phillip Nelson!!!

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
Prep45 is once again proud to be the exclusive home of the Prep Bowl Semifinals, as well as your home for MSHSL State Tournament Coverage all year long.

Below you can find the link to watch all of the games all day Friday and Saturday live online, for free.

http://http://prep45.kstc45.com/

We've upgraded our broadcast talent this season, including:

- Tori Holt - Has called Championship games on Channel 45, also the PBP voice for Denver Pioneers Hockey
- Tom Witchen - Veteran Twin Cities announcer with > 3,500 live games under his belt, currently covers Gopher Baseball, Volleyball and Augsburg Football (along with yours truly) just to name a few
- Corbin Lacina - Former MN Viking - has worked prep bowl finals on Channel 45
- Matt Nelson - Currently covers Gopher Men's & Women's Basketball for BTN
- Jim Erickson - He of BOB106 FM fame, will also be working the 1A and 3A finals on Channel 45
- Josh087 (Josh Powers) - Not sure how I fit in with the other bios, but glad to be part of the crew for a 3rd straight year

I'll be working both 4A games with Tom Witchen, including undefeated Bemidji taking on Mankato West & Phillip Nelson at 12:45PM on Friday.

I'll also be on PBP duty for the two Friday night games, the primetime matchup featuring Eden Prairie and Totino Grace (first state appearance in 5A for TG). Gopherhole's "The Sports Ace" will be joining me on color for the 2A game at 5:45.

As in years past, please feel free to PM me with any information you have on any of the teams/players/etc. (info from some of you have been helpful in the past couple of years I have covered this event)

Here is the complete schedule …

Friday
8 a.m. Nine-Man/ Ada-Borup (11-1) vs. Edgerton-Ellsworth (12-0)
10:15 a.m. 1A/ Mahnomen (12-0) vs. Sleepy Eye St. Mary’s (9-3)
12:45 p.m. 4A/ Bemidji (11-0) vs. Mankato West (11-0)
3:15 p.m. 3A/ Annandale (7-5) vs. Fairmont (11-1)
5:45 p.m. 2A/ Moose Lake/Willow River (12-0) vs. Waterville-Elysian-Morristown (11-0)
8:15 p.m. 5A/ Eden Prairie (10-1) vs. Totino-Grace (11-1)

Saturday
8 a.m. Nine-Man/ Kittson County Central (9-2) vs. Wheaton/Herman-Norcross (11-1)
10:15 a.m. 1A/ Dawson-Boyd (12-0) vs. Blooming Prairie (11-1)
12:45 p.m. 4A/ Rocori (10-1) vs. Hill-Murray (9-2)
3:15 p.m. 3A/ Providence Academy (10-2) vs. St. Croix Lutheran (12-0)
5:45 p.m. 2A/ Warroad (9-2) vs. Caledonia (11-1)
8:15 p.m. 5A/ Wayzata (11-0) vs. Cretin-Derham Hall (11-0)

I don't know about the rest of you schmucks, but I was fairly certain that if only one team from the Wright County Conference would be playing in the semi-finals that it would be Annandale.

Beginning of the year I would not have said Sleepy Eye St. Mary's would get this far. Good for them.

Beginning of the year I would not have said Sleepy Eye St. Mary's would get this far. Good for them.

Not quite the same as the days of the old Tomahawk Conference though...

Not quite the same as the days of the old Tomahawk Conference though...
Well I wasn't around when the Tomahawk Conference was football. I graduated from New Ulm Cathedral last year.

It amazed me how much stronger the cretin Wayzata side of the bracket is compared to the other side. Seeding the final 8 will be good next year.

Yep, same thing happened in 4A as well.

Speaking of Cretin-Wayzata, if they let people bet on the over/under of HS football, what do you think it'd be....14?

It amazed me how much stronger the cretin Wayzata side of the bracket is compared to the other side. Seeding the final 8 will be good next year.

With that said, I'm still excited to see EP-TG. I know many think that EP will win going away, but I think Coach Ferg will have TG highly motivated, prepared and ready to play a great game. Not saying they'll win, but I believe that it'll be closer than most expect. With that being said, being a TG grad, I do have slightly blue and gold tinted glasses sometimes :cool:

Yep, same thing happened in 4A as well.
As an HM fan I was happy to see this. Based on QRF power ratings, the top 4 teams in 4A were in the top half of the bracket with the bottom 4 in the bottom. My Pioneers were 7th rated and they got the 8th rated team in the first round. I think they have a great chance against Rocori on Saturday and no chance against Mankato West for the title. But hey, its one game with high school age kids and who knows what can happen.

I work downtown, and will be taking a half day of PTO to walk over to the dome and watch Mr. Nelson and Mankato West. I was at the game versus SSP last Friday, as well.

The 4 teams left in 5A are a combined 43-2. Those should hopefully be some great games. Wonder if we will end up with a Wayzata vs. EP rematch for the title?

I can't find these games on TV. Any channel help would be appreciated - I've got Comcast.

The 4 teams left in 5A are a combined 43-2. Those should hopefully be some great games. Wonder if we will end up with a Wayzata vs. EP rematch for the title?

Wayzata is a really good football team. I think Cretin is going to have a difficult time scoring. I actually expect to see Cretin play much more conservatively and hope their defense or special teams can win them this game. Like I said earlier, I don't expect to see much scoring in this game.

Wayzata is a really good football team. I think Cretin is going to have a difficult time scoring. I actually expect to see Cretin play much more conservatively and hope their defense or special teams can win them this game. Like I said earlier, I don't expect to see much scoring in this game.

When I go to the live page it just says "Stream not available." Anybody else having this problem?

stream die for anyone else? I was watching then it froze and told me stream not available. Refreshed the page and now it won't load.

Watching Nelson play for the first time. This kid is the real deal and will flourish in Kill's system.

3 minutes in Mankato West 14 - Bemidji 0. 2 TD's for Nelson, both to Freese (sp?)

I agree, Woods from Bemidji looks really fast. Is he a D-I prospect? Gophers have any interest?

I agree, Woods from Bemidji looks really fast. Is he a D-I prospect? Gophers have any interest?

Carey has only heard from the dakotas-rumor has it ndsu just offered last week. My cousin is the starting rb and tells me woods has gopher dreams! Go Jacks

I'd have commented on the game earlier, but I didn't want to leave the screen for fear I'd miss 14 points. What a first half. What a game. Mankato West looked like they were going to roll early, but Bemidji is looking pretty darn good right now. Should be a heck of a 2nd half.

Top Bottom