All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this Doogie tweet: "Just taped 'This Week in Golden Gopher Sports' on @1500ESPN. Maturi said there's talk of some uniform tweaks for the football team. #Gophers"

Go Gophers!!

per this Doogie tweet: "Just taped 'This Week in Golden Gopher Sports' on @1500ESPN. Maturi said there's talk of some uniform tweaks for the football team. #Gophers"

Go Gophers!!

Full-time white helmets?

kinda figured...new coach...new unis...there was talk when he was hired that it was too late to change them. Curious to see what happens

Go Gophers!!

Let me put this through the Maturi-Translator . . . "The Gopher Football team will be getting new uniform styles - however, note that they will cost not one penny more than the women's rowing team's uniforms, and will be in shades of maroon and gold that have never had any previous experience being either shade."

:rolleyes: :p :eek:

Here's what I think should be added to our current uniforms.

9000803.jpg

Why do you hate our current uniforms? They look pretty good.

Glen Mason era unis please (minus the trim).

Issues with current unis:
- maroon is actually now poop brown
- numbers are smaller and have bunch of trim around them, can barely read them
- trendy lines running all over the place that look stupid
- we don't need Minnesota across the chest, less is more
- Brewster picked them out, let's cleanse ourselves of all of that

Keep it simple!!!!!

Glen Mason era unis please (minus the trim).

Issues with current unis:
- maroon is actually now poop brown Agreed
- numbers are smaller and have bunch of trim around them, can barely read them I have no problem reading them, big numbers annoy me
- trendy lines running all over the place that look stupid The lines actually look good in my opinion, I've always liked them
- we don't need Minnesota across the chest, less is more I have no problem getting rid of the Minnesota, maybe replace it with Gophers? Jersey feels blank to me without something there.
- Brewster picked them out, let's cleanse ourselves of all of that Using this reason we would then have to do away with most of the roster, Brewster picked them so let's get rid of them, right?

Keep it simple!!!!!
My thoughts ^

I like most of the current uniforms with the exception of the gold/gold combo. I think they might be the best we've had in my lifetime.

I actually really like the current uni's shade of maroon. I hope the new ones stay darker than Masons maroon. Also, I hope we get black shoes

Studwell, why do you assume they'll make you happy? They could annoy you even more.

I think the Mason uniforms were better, but I don't mind the current unis too much. I don't really like the piping, or the little patches of color on the pants on the sides of the knees, but other than that, they don't look all that different than the Mason-era to me. The maroon is fine with me, but the old shade might've been slightly better. The Minnesota on the front is a bit too busy, but it doesn't bother me too much.

The one current uni that I think looks really sharp is the all-white road unis. It just looks really crisp to me. That said, I don't really have a fave home uni - maroon top over gold pants was always the best, but that doesn't look that great with all the piping and multi-color pants.

At least we're not some experimental Nike or UnderArmor school. The Ohio State, Oregon & Okie State unis are hideous - I don't understand how their fan bases aren't in full revolt. I actually the Maryland helmets, with how the flag is in the helmet, but the rest of it got pretty silly.

I'll take these: our colors, our M and no stripes on the shoulders.
http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/06/10/11/Wolverines-with-stripes/landing_um.html?blockID=531894

It might be a generation thing.:)

I can't stand the USC colors we have been using instead of Maroon. Go back to the maroon Murray used, it is as dark as PSU's blue unis, damn near black it was great.

I can't stand the USC colors we have been using instead of Maroon. Go back to the maroon Murray used, it is as dark as PSU's blue unis, damn near black it was great.
Never going to happen, the maroon has been standardized between all sports. And take another look at USC's maroon it is much lighter and redder than ours.

Can't stand the piping on the current uniforms, and the gold 'saddlebag' looking things on the pants. Makes us look like a bad Arena League team in my opinion. I'd like to see us return to the 1960 era uniform design, and resume a true maroon color, rather than the brownish-maroonish thing that looks a bit like a dried out scab that we're currently sporting. I'd also like to see us go to a true gold color, as in the metal, a metallic gold as opposed to this mustard yellow iteration we call gold.

Can't stand the piping on the current uniforms, and the gold 'saddlebag' looking things on the pants. Makes us look like a bad Arena League team in my opinion. I'd like to see us return to the 1960 era uniform design, and resume a true maroon color, rather than the brownish-maroonish thing that looks a bit like a dried out scab that we're currently sporting. I'd also like to see us go to a true gold color, as in the metal, a metallic gold as opposed to this mustard yellow iteration we call gold.
Those uniforms are ugly. I doubt the players would be willing to wear those weekly, I know I wouldn't.

When we won all those national titles we wore GOLD as the predominant uniform color. After all, we are the GOLDEN Gophers. Stoll went to the all gold but it was not an attractive shade. I prefer something like the Boston College helmets, gold with a maroon stripe. I like gold pants and a maroon home jersey.

How about an alternative - like all black uniform...white helmet with maroon M.

I just hope whatever changes are made to the uniform are done to the liking of the 18-23 year olds who will actually be wearing them. No uniform change should be made to suit the tastes of older generations of fans.

I just hope whatever changes are made to the uniform are done to the liking of the 18-23 year olds who will actually be wearing them. No uniform change should be made to suit the tastes of older generations of fans.

+1

Top Bottom