All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

I have actually changed my mind after seeing them in action. Still think gold helmets would look bad ass with it though.

Do we know who will be the 'home team' in the bowl game? Just curious because I like being the home team, solely because of the uniforms....haha

pharmacy, just for station19's sake, I hope we are the visiting team and wear white on white. :)

Do we know who will be the 'home team' in the bowl game? Just curious because I like being the home team, solely because of the uniforms....haha

The bowl web site says that the Big12 team is the home team and the B1G tweak is the visitor.

With so many teams now with matte colored helmets, I think I'm ready to go back to the glossy maroon. The last straw were the awful looking Stanford helmets last week.

With so many teams now with matte colored helmets, I think I'm ready to go back to the glossy maroon. The last straw were the awful looking Stanford helmets last week.

Well that didn't last too long.:)

Donovan said:

True, but ours look awesome (the best of all of the matte helmets I've seen) and I hope that regardless of the fad, that we stick with them.

True, but ours look awesome (the best of all of the matte helmets I've seen) and I hope that regardless of the fad, that we stick with them.

Matte helmets should be complemented with matte uniforms. They would look even better.

The bowl web site says that the Big12 team is the home team and the B1G tweak is the visitor.

Northwestern wore their home uni in this game last year, so it makes sense that the Big12 team will be home this year.

Northwestern wore their home uni in this game last year, so it makes sense that the Big12 team will be home this year.

Tweet just came out saying that jerseys have returned with bowl patch and picture shows White jersey with the patch on it.

A-AfRg-CEAA3t4-.jpg:large

So many logos, so little space. The only thing missing is a few "STP" or "Penzoil" or "Lucas Oil" stickers. Maybe instead of visors the equipment staff can install race car netting between the face mask and helmet.

Tweet just came out saying that jerseys have returned with bowl patch and picture shows White jersey with the patch on it.

Ron Edwards thinks he knows why the Gophers are wearing WHITE jerseys.

Attachments

• Ax7NOr9CAAA46uj.jpg
    Ax7NOr9CAAA46uj.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 26

No. I think our uniforms are perfect right now as they are. A big point of emphasis in designing the new uniforms was program branding and creating a national identity. I hope we keep these uni's as is for a long time.

i didn't say anything about changing the uniforms, I love them. I believe the "M" is the main branding the U is going with (replaced center court Goldy with the giant M, there are 5 M's on the football unis). We already have 9? combos for football uniforms, so it's not like changing the helmet color would change the identity of the program. It's would still have the M's. Hell, I want to see a gold helmet with a maroon face mask as well!

i didn't say anything about changing the uniforms, I love them. I believe the "M" is the main branding the U is going with (replaced center court Goldy with the giant M, there are 5 M's on the football unis). We already have 9? combos for football uniforms, so it's not like changing the helmet color would change the identity of the program. It's would still have the M's. Hell, I want to see a gold helmet with a maroon face mask as well!

IMO, I would like to go "Oregon" on the Big 10! Every color combination including chrome would look awesome!!!

IMO, I would like to go "Oregon" on the Big 10! Every color combination including chrome would look awesome!!!

I wouldn't go quite that far. I like the idea a gold and/or white helmet because we've used them in our history. People seemed to like the throw back look that Mason did (personality I didn't)....but I think it would look good as described earlier, more of modern throw back (if there is such a thing)

I was kind of secretly hoping they would go with a gold helmet, that could look sharp. I'm just not a big fan of white on our uni's. I actually hope they never wear all the white roadies ever again.

I was kind of secretly hoping they would go with a gold helmet, that could look sharp. I'm just not a big fan of white on our uni's. I actually hope they never wear all the white roadies ever again.

It's a losing battle.:cry:

I have always been for gold helmets to match "Golden Gopher." Ditto gold pants for road games. An all maroon home uniform with gold helmet would do it for me - no other team has that combo, as far as I know.

Looks like 6 helmets. Wear each one twice perhaps? I wasn't crazy about the simple "I" helmet. I actually think Indiana's logo with the interlocked "I" and "U" is distinctive and cool. The old fashioned "I"is sort of a step back.

I wonder if someone from Oregon looks at this and says, "It's time, we gotta go with the lighted helmets now, order the LED's."

My instant reaction to the "chrome" helmet: candy cane. It's hard to become a helmet school when you have so many helmets. I'm glad we only have one.

For now. It's probably only a matter of time before a gold and/or white helmet comes out. I'd actually be all for it!

Top Bottom