#18 Vandy takes Butler by 12

washgopher

Reaction score
Vandy was playing at home and beat Butler by about same margin as Gophs, maybe Gophs are closer to #18 than we think.

Vanderbilt also just got boatraced by something called Cleveland State the other day. They are not even close to a top 20 team.

This is extremely misleading as the Vanderbilt-Bucknell game was much different than the Minnesota-Bucknell game. Vany lead Bucknell by 18 with 10 minutes to play and their lead never dipped in to single digits after that point. The Gophers were losing the game with 5-6 minutes to play.

sometimes cleveland state is good, 27-9 last year
about 25 years removed from a surprise trip to the sweet 16
though wasn't vandy shorthanded for the bucknell game?

Let's see - Vandy is a top 20 team. They beat Bucknell soundly tonight without their best player. Cleveland State just so happens to also be a good team, maybe even a tournament team. I believe in combination, all of those facts prove you are without a clue.

And no, I'd prefer Bob Sacamano, Dr. van Nostrand, or Lloyd Braun.

Vanderbilt also just got boatraced by something called Cleveland State the other day. They are not even close to a top 20 team.

For the record, Cleveland State (along with Detroit) is a favorite to win the Horizon League, a league whose champion (Butler) has appeared in each of the last 2 national title games. Cle State hasn't exacly been chopped liver under Gary Waters. ... 22 wins and a NCAA tourney win in 2008-09 and 24 wins with a 2nd-round NIT exit last season. I know a lot of mid-majors that would take that resume over a 3-year span, in a heartbeat.

Art, out of curiosity, what other teams aren't close to being top 20 teams? Can you pick them out before they lose a game? It's easy to cherry-pick after they've lost a game you think they shouldn't have. I'm really curious to know which teams you think should be in the top 20. ... who would you put in Vandy's (et al) place? Is every top-20 team that loses a game early in the season overrated, even one that is playing without its best big guy (Festus Ezeli)?

And to save you time, Cleveland State, Vanderbilt and Bucknell will lose some games this season, so there's no need to remind us every time that occurs.

Ezeli and Jenkins both DNP-injury for Vandy and easily handled Bucknell. Johnson w/no threes..

Vandy will be fine, excellent team when Festus is back (might be awhile through)

speaking of mid programs on a rise caught part of the middle tenn vs ucla game
mt schooled ucla
seats were empty in the 2nd half...estimating 90% empty
sad to see ucla fall to this level
mt was 10 of 11 for 3s
nice gopher mention from the announcers regarding our 9 for 9 on 3s vs PSU 1/2009

surprised when i checked the box score. blake didn't shoot any 3s that game

Caught the first half last night. UCLA looks terrible right now. Will they beat Chaminade in their Maui opener? Looks like the Kansas-Georgetown winner will pretty much have a bye (plays UCLA-Chaminade winner) into the championship game, especially not knowing if/when Bruins' tat man Reves Nelson will be reinstated before Maui.

For the record, Cleveland State (along with Detroit) is a favorite to win the Horizon League, a league whose champion (Butler) has appeared in each of the last 2 national title games. Cle State hasn't exacly been chopped liver under Gary Waters. ... 22 wins and a NCAA tourney win in 2008-09 and 24 wins with a 2nd-round NIT exit last season. I know a lot of mid-majors that would take that resume over a 3-year span, in a heartbeat.

Art, out of curiosity, what other teams aren't close to being top 20 teams? Can you pick them out before they lose a game? It's easy to cherry-pick after they've lost a game you think they shouldn't have. I'm really curious to know which teams you think should be in the top 20. ... who would you put in Vandy's (et al) place? Is every top-20 team that loses a game early in the season overrated, even one that is playing without its best big guy (Festus Ezeli)?

And to save you time, Cleveland State, Vanderbilt and Bucknell will lose some games this season, so there's no need to remind us every time that occurs.

Silly, Hodger. Artie is never going to respond to this. Facts don't matter in Artie's world. Ezeli being out? Pssh. Cleveland State's standing as a solid mid-major team? Irrelevant. Vanderbilt sucks because Artie said so. What else do you need?

Lack of any real insight and knowledge has never slowed his mouth (fingers) before, why would it matter now? Remember his NCAA tournament breakdown several years ago? The highest of comedy.

What would Seinfeld be like without George? George sure is entertaining when you don't take him so seriously. :D

Trust me, I don't mind Art because I realize he posts here strictly to stir the pot. He does it very well. However, every once in awhile I have to ask that Art expound upon the snarky "he sucks/they (Vandy/Cleveland State) suck/Gophers suck" comments with something other than in-your-face criticism.

Trust me, I don't mind Art because I realize he posts here strictly to stir the pot. He does it very well. However, every once in awhile I have to ask that Art expound upon the snarky "he sucks/they (Vandy/Cleveland State) suck/Gophers suck" comments with something other than in-your-face criticism.

Sorry, the remark was aimed at Art albeit a bit indirectly. My apologies...

Top Bottom