Mason to New Mexico?

Hell, dopodoll: lou hoax only stopped bylong enough for a cup of coffee and before he bagged tail in the middle of the night he already had the football program in trouble with the NCAA. Does the name LUTHER "the BAG-MAN" DARVILLE ring a bell dopodoll???? It certainly SHOULD. hoax was DIRTY and a cheat.

He NEVER would have sustained anything. The NCAA would have busted his head and his tail LONG before he would have done diddly squat here. T hoax was NOT getting it done here...he was getting this program done in. He set Gopher Football back a LONG ways with his cheating ways and the way he bagged tail before the second season was even completed.

26 years is one hell of a long time dopodoll...then...add on the salem years...we are talking a LONG, LONG time any way YOU try to spin it dopo-d...

; 0 )

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. The facts are the facts. I'm sorry if it bothers you that Holtz had a better Big Ten record than Mason, but those are the facts. If Holtz was so terrible, where are all the massive sanctions that Minnesota suffered?

And no, 26 years is not "one hell of a long time". I'm not very old at all, and I'm older than 26. A 26-year-old is barely even able to rent a car. And why in the world would we add on the Salem years? They have no place in this discussion. Holtz left in 1985, and he had a better Big Ten record than Mason. Again, those are facts. I'm sorry if they muddle up your worship.

Holtz did not set the program back He pulled the program out of the ditch, and handed it off to Gutekunst, who had virtually the same Big Ten record as Mason.

rodentrampage: I CELEBRATE the fact that Coach Kill got a BIG Ten win to escape going winless in Big Ten play during his first year of coaching here at the University of Minnesota.
What I am saying is that some of the stinkers here on GH keep bashing Coach Mason's record in Big Ten play when it is the best Big Ten record of any other coaches here in a very LONG time. They are the ones who will eventually drive Coach Kill out of this job UNLESS he wins a LOT MORE Big Ten games than Mason did. I see no reason at this time to think that will be the case. When I look at the schedule, for the next few years, I just don't see a LOT of Big Ten wins for Coach Kill and the Gophers. The schedule reads Michigan, iowa, wisky, Nebraska, MSU...and then Northwestern and then a couple other teams from the other division on a rotating basis. Where are the wins in the next few years going to come from?

I will say that I fear some of the stinkers around here who talk so smugly and act as though Big Ten wins "should be" easy to get here at Minnesota will find that Coach Kill is going to be hard-pressed to reach the numbers of Big Ten wins here that Coach Mason did.

I'm a long time Gopher Fooball fan and believe me: I want Coach Kill to get all the Big Ten wins he can possibly get. I HOPE he passes Mason...yet, I also realize just how difficult it will be for him to do that.

Even though the new stadium SHOULD greatly help Coach Kill, Nebraska has been added to the yearly Big Ten Schedule.

I think that Coach Kill will ALMOST be a miracle worker IF he can come close to winning as many Big Ten games in his first five years...and in any additional years that he may have here as compared to Coach Mason's 10 year Big Ten record.

This really IS a tough gig.

; 0 )
Kill beat Iowa. No matter what anyone says, that is more than just a Big Ten win. Winning rivalry games gain a ton of leeway for a coach, and can lead to the demise of a HC career. Beating Illinois is a win, while beating Iowa is a RIVALRY win. I hope we pick up another win or two at the end of the year, but not getting zero and beating IOWA makes me more excited for our coaches future.

Blah, blah, blah, bjsm, blah blah blah, prexy b, blah blah blah, my love glen mason, blah blah blah, big ten wins and losses, blah blah blah, prexy k blah blah blah bjsm blah blah blah blah balh blah

Who am I? ; 0 )

Clueless wren

killjoy, before you pimp and pump too much hype, let's see how many wins Coach Kill can achieve here during the remainder of the 2011 season, in 2012, 2013 and 2014 before you try to bash Coach Mason too much.

The number of Big Ten wins vs. Big Ten losses for Coach Kill will be compared against Coach Mason's numbers as they are compiled. Coach Kill has the new stadium that Mason helped to get for him as a positive factor favoring him. However, to balance out the equation, Coach Kill has to coach against Nebraska in addition to wisky, iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and NU.

It is going to be VERY interesting killjoy.

; 0 )

You again are not comprehending what is being said to you. First, I am not bashing Mason. Mason did some good things here and did some bad things here. I don’t bare any ill will towards him and wish him all the success and happiness in the future.

Second, you seem to be oblivious that it is not Mason that I am bashing but your obsession with Mason.

Third, I am not at all interested in comparing Jerry Kill with Glen Mason for all kinds of reasons. Most people, if not all have figured out that Glen is gone and have moved on. You seem to be incapable of doing that. That is too bad because it seems that are not able to see and enjoy what is actually occurring here right now.

Fourth, I don’t need to wait three or four years to know whether Jerry Kill is a great coach or not. He may not be successful here, but everything does are the actions of a great coach. That why he gives us the best shot of turning this program around. If you were less obsessed with Mason you might be able to see this and enjoy it more.

Fifth and finally, You need to blow out all those candles you keep on lighting for Glen. Glen doesn’t need them. He has moved on. He has even embraced Jerry Kill. You should think about doing the same as your hero.

I WANT to see Coach Kill succeed. AND: with Gopher Football, which I have been watching and cheering for well over fifty years, I will look at only the results of the Big Ten Football Games as my barometer of just how well the program is doing compared to all the other Big Ten Programs.

Where have I EVER criticized Coach Kill? I fully support him. I am also a relist. IF you people thought Mason had to be fired and replaced because he did not win enough Big Ten games, then of course I need to follow how Coach Kill is doing in that regard so that I can KNOW when you peope are about to pull the plug on him for not winning enough Big Ten Football Games. Unless he wins MORE Big Ten Games than Mason did, what else can I assume other than the fact that you people will also decide to fire Coach Kill?

So, I will watch the Big Ten win vs loss story as it plays out and will totally ramp up my support for Coach just at the time you people want to fire him for not winning enough Big Ten games. IF he is close to Mason's record, I will fight even harder to keep him in his position with the Gophers.

BUT, we need to do something drastic this time! It is time for total change in the way we deal with our fotball coaching situation. Desperate times call for drastic actions!

Minnesota has tried to fire it's way to prosperity too many times. This has NOT worked. So, it is now time for a drastic move: I want Coach Kill to be given TENURE here at Minnesota so that he can coach here as long as he wants to coach here. That is what is really needed for this position.

Give Coach Kill TENURE now! Take away the possibility that he could EVER be terminated without due cause. Give him a more realistic salary with automatic cola's structered in the contract to keep pace with the rate of inflation. Then, support Coach Kill in his position come hell or high water...as long as he runs a completely clean program and graduates student athletes in ever increasing numbers.

Give Coach Kill TENURE now killjoy!

; 0 )

Unless he wins MORE Big Ten Games than Mason did, what else can I assume other than the fact that you people will also decide to fire Coach Kill?

Alert the media. Why do you have to assume it? It's the way it should be.

If a coach averages 3.2 BT wins a year, unlike you, most think he doesn't deserve a lifetime contract, a statue and sainthood.

I think it's about time we forget trying to compare coaches to Mason. I prefer to reference Bernie Biermans Big Ten record.

57 - 28 - 6 .659

Nuff Said!

tlhgo4: well then bring it son...just WIN baby! And do it often and do it all the time and dominate and just WIN baby!

What the heck is stopping you from getting that coach in who is going to steamroll Nebraska ALL the time...and wisky...and iowa...and Michigan...and MSU. Just get it done then. Talk Bierman ALL you want. Talk is cheap: nuff said! Heck, Bierman had to hardly ever play Ohio State...and he did not have a winning record against them.
You go right ahead and start talking Bierman ALL you want. Set the bar high and watch and then watch anybody and everybody you try to run through the mill fail miserably. Get real tlhgo4...nuff said!

Try to live in the past...but...it is going to haunt you BADLY tlhgo4... The days when Bierman did that were even gone after the end of WWII back in the latter half of the 1940's. Get real dudes and dudettes...

; 0 )

Top Bottom