Alvarez

This ""Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today" This is what you can't possibly imagine being said by a former head coach after a football game? ""Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today" This quote couldn't have been possibly uttered by B.A ?

KILL and every Gopher player quoted after the game said the same thing, not in the same context of course.

That quote brought on this response:

Ok so this world famous AD who is universally respected in the coaching profession, and in the media, is suddenly going to start talking smack to 20 year old kids because he's so emotional about beating a team for the 15th time in 17 tries.

"Talking smack"?:confused: How the hell did you get on a football board in the first place?

The way it was presented in this thread was that Barry Alvarez was taking shots at the Gopher players after the game. another way to express that would be that he is talking smack about the Gophers. What are you trying to call me out for? That quote didn't bring out that response, the idea that Barry Alvarez has nothing better to do then talk down to the Gopher players after a blowout win by his team brought out my response.

Where are all these quotes from Gopher players talking about what BA said? I haven't seen anyone except a radio guy looking for ratings talking about it. And in the context that this was shouted by Barry Alvarez toward a player on the field after a 10 second shoving match that is a non-issiue everywhere except on the Hole, yes I'm saying that is not a possibility. Nothing in the way that BA has carried himself over the last 20 years would point to this reaction being something he would do.

Here's the OP: "I was listening to KFAN on my way home. JG and DB were talking about the after game confrontation between the Gophers and the BADgers. JG said he heard alvarez shout at the Gopher players and coaches during the scuffle "Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today" I always thought he had class, but I guess I was wrong."

You're coming back to defend your position?:horse: You've spent the better part of the day defending the position that the quote was impossible? You find the idea of Alvarez saying that so outrageous that Gaard would have to make it up? Barry would NEVER say such a thing? What are you, five? Where you raised in a convent or monastery with no contact with the outside world?

This should be simple enough even for you. What Alvarez said isn't "smack" or even unimaginable for anyone but the most feeble-minded. Kill and the Gophers players said the same thing about their own efforts after the game. Tap was probably wrong talking about it being "classless", unless he was talking about the Badger players butting-in. That was rather classless, but they just won and with all the steroids who can blame them?

THAT'S A JOKE !!!!!!!

Now just go away. If YOU had any class you'd admit that you misread the OP or that you've WAY over reacted. Nobody's counting on that by the way. :banghead::banghead:

I was listening to KFAN on my way home. JG and DB were talking about the after game confrontation between the Gophers and the BADgers. JG said he heard alvarez shout at the Gopher players and coaches during the scuffle "Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today"

I always thought he had class, but I guess I was wrong.

Well we should have

Step away from the hate for a minute and look at this objectively, thats all I've been trying to say this whole thread. I didn't misread the OP. He said this proves that BA is classless and I said thats ridiculous, he has been nothing but class his whole life, I would question the source. Why are you so mad? Get over it, your making mountains out of molehills.

Oh ho you caught me. An extra A in there makes the meaning completely unclear. Congrats, you clearly have a bigger penis then me.[/QUOTE]

Instead of using the adverb "then" which means at that time or next in line, you should use the preposition "than" which does in fact mean he has a larger penis.

All this 'class' talk on here is overblown. Its a case of a team that appeared to have finally figured it out playing terrible in a big game and re-crushing the fans hearts all over again. It sucks, I know. I was at the Mich game in 03 screaming my heart out for the U. Screw Chris Perry to this day. But this reaching for any straw that shows the Badgers in a negative light, just because your pissed the Gophers are not as close as you hoped, is getting out of hand. It just comes off as petty. Win with class, lose with class, it cuts both ways. Teams have been taking a lap cutting down both goalposts in this rivalry for at least the 25 years that I've been paying attention. There was no team sing along when I was a student at the U. It was hardly a Badger FU to run down there, just bad timing. Bret even addressed it after the game saying, 'my bad, it won't happen again'. If the Badgers were trying to embarrass Minn they would have thrown it more than 4 times in the second half.

Oh ho you caught me. An extra A in there makes the meaning completely unclear. Congrats, you clearly have a bigger penis then me.

Instead of using the adverb "then" which means at that time or next in line, you should use the preposition "than" which does in fact mean he has a larger penis.[/QUOTE]

Ha. Touche

Step away from the hate for a minute and look at this objectively, thats all I've been trying to say this whole thread. I didn't misread the OP. He said this proves that BA is classless and I said thats ridiculous, he has been nothing but class his whole life, I would question the source. Why are you so mad? Get over it, your making mountains out of molehills.

" And in the context that this was shouted by Barry Alvarez toward a player on the field after a 10 second shoving match that is a non-issiue everywhere except on the Hole, yes I'm saying that is not a possibility." Yeah, that says it is impossible that Barry could have said something that 40,000 people, including the Gopher players were thinking.

Either your short term memory is awful, or you won't admit your over reaction. "Hate"? Hell, I just find it incredulous that you won't just admit your mistake.

What mistake? I am reacting to something different then you are. You even pointed out the line I took issue with, calling BA classless. I took the hard line once you came on and started calling me out for god knows what. So you really think Barry was out on the field yelling at insults at 20 year old kids? Thats more likely to you then a radio personality hearing a bunch of shouting from both sides, saw a story and ran with it? Where are all the other accounts of this? Its been 10 years since I saw Barry with less then 10 people surrounding him where are their thoughts on the matter? Because I said slow down and think this through, I have no class according to you? Whatever man, if it makes you feel better I guess keep running with it.

Its a non issue, thats been my reaction and point for this whole thread. I called out posters for blindly running with that quote as if it was a fact, and said think it through. What is this overreaction you keep talking about? Its clear the only one with their panties in a bunch in here is you.

What mistake? I am reacting to something different then you are. You even pointed out the line I took issue with, calling BA classless. I took the hard line once you came on and started calling me out for god knows what. So you really think Barry was out on the field yelling at insults at 20 year old kids? Thats more likely to you then a radio personality hearing a bunch of shouting from both sides, saw a story and ran with it? Where are all the other accounts of this? Its been 10 years since I saw Barry with less then 10 people surrounding him where are their thoughts on the matter? Because I said slow down and think this through, I have no class according to you? Whatever man, if it makes you feel better I guess keep running with it.

Its a non issue, thats been my reaction and point for this whole thread. I called out posters for blindly running with that quote as if it was a fact, and said think it through. What is this overreaction you keep talking about? Its clear the only one with their panties in a bunch in here is you.

Now that's funny!

Alvarez and class?

He got a student pregnant. Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the same time, I dislike Iowa as much as I dislike Sconny, and I certainly don't hate Ferentz.

Nail, meet head.

For all of those out there who think we only rag on Bielema because Wisconsin is a rival, this is example 1. Everyone on this board hates Iowa either more, just as much, or almost as much as Wisconsin. I could count on one hand the number of times Kirk Ferentz has been called a jerk, d-bag, arrogant, etc by anyone on this board. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Phil Haddy. Yet badger fans continue to think in their dilusional minds that their head coach and AD are as well-respected as any other college football coach and AD are.

My relatives who are badger fans accept the truth, yet still root for their team. My brother-in-law, a USC grad, understands and accepts that his coach is also a pompous jerk. Is it so difficult for the badger fans on this board to stand up and say "yes, my coach is a d-bag, but I don't care?" That's all we want, is an admission of what you already know deep down in your empty badger souls.

A couple of the comments here are actionable. The allegations that Barry Alvarez had an improper relationship with either a cheerleader or a student are false. Nadine, you should delete these posts immediately. If you do not, this matter will be referred to counsel. Consider this your fair warning.

A couple of the comments here are actionable. The allegations that Barry Alvarez had an improper relationship with either a cheerleader or a student are false. Nadine, you should delete these posts immediately. If you do not, this matter will be referred to counsel. Consider this your fair warning.
LOL, insecure much?

Okay, could you help us out by explaining his relationship with Shapiro? How much money did Barry have tied up with Shapiro? How did they meet?...

I should've stopped reading this thread right away because I was looking for Sugar and Sweetness

If you truly have an issue with a post, use the report function or email her directly. She doesn't read through every thread.

Just different terms for winners and losers:D

C'mon people are you really going to base your opinions of people on vague reporter references and message board posts.

Can you honestly say that you are glad that Alvarez and Bielema are not Gophers "because they have no class".

Just admit you are a fan with biased opinions before you go out defaming people whose job it was to beat you. That is why they get paid.

Civility is dead in Cyberspace.

Nail, meet head.

For all of those out there who think we only rag on Bielema because Wisconsin is a rival, this is example 1. Everyone on this board hates Iowa either more, just as much, or almost as much as Wisconsin. I could count on one hand the number of times Kirk Ferentz has been called a jerk, d-bag, arrogant, etc by anyone on this board. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Phil Haddy. Yet badger fans continue to think in their dilusional minds that their head coach and AD are as well-respected as any other college football coach and AD are.

My relatives who are badger fans accept the truth, yet still root for their team. My brother-in-law, a USC grad, understands and accepts that his coach is also a pompous jerk. Is it so difficult for the badger fans on this board to stand up and say "yes, my coach is a d-bag, but I don't care?" That's all we want, is an admission of what you already know deep down in your empty badger souls.

I find that an interesting position to take, given what has happened on Kirk's watch at Iowa. I have read plenty of negative things about him on these boards.

I don't think there is a college coach in America that is not arrogant. It is difficult to get to that level without a certain level of arrogance. I met Alvarez a couple of times and he is very nice and personable and the arrogance is literally dripping off him. So what? Football coaches certainly have not cornered the market on arrogance.

It really does not matter what Gophers fans think of Bielema. If I told you all the great things I have heard about him from people with first hand knowledge, would it change your opinion? Of course not. If you took a sample of people in the industry that were not biased and found out what people thought of him, would that change your opinion? Probably not.

In today's world, every action, by every coach is scrutinized by people all over, especially on the internet. I am here to tell you, they are people, not perfect. I am sure we all would not want to be judged that way every day.

I love Bielema. Mainly because anyone that can make Gophers fans hate them so much has to be doing something right. The bottom line is that if he was 0-6 against the Gophers, there would never be a word said about him.

Okay, could you help us out by explaining his relationship with Shapiro? How much money did Barry have tied up with Shapiro? How did they meet?...

The paper reported around a million dollars. Try this thing called GOOGLE.

I find that an interesting position to take, given what has happened on Kirk's watch at Iowa. I have read plenty of negative things about him on these boards.

I don't think there is a college coach in America that is not arrogant. It is difficult to get to that level without a certain level of arrogance. I met Alvarez a couple of times and he is very nice and personable and the arrogance is literally dripping off him. So what? Football coaches certainly have not cornered the market on arrogance.

It really does not matter what Gophers fans think of Bielema. If I told you all the great things I have heard about him from people with first hand knowledge, would it change your opinion? Of course not. If you took a sample of people in the industry that were not biased and found out what people thought of him, would that change your opinion? Probably not.

In today's world, every action, by every coach is scrutinized by people all over, especially on the internet. I am here to tell you, they are people, not perfect. I am sure we all would not want to be judged that way every day.

I love Bielema. Mainly because anyone that can make Gophers fans hate them so much has to be doing something right. The bottom line is that if he was 0-6 against the Gophers, there would never be a word said about him.

Really, you don't have to be here.
and...
yes there would!

Here's the OP: "I was listening to KFAN on my way home. JG and DB were talking about the after game confrontation between the Gophers and the BADgers. JG said he heard alvarez shout at the Gopher players and coaches during the scuffle "Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today" I always thought he had class, but I guess I was wrong."

You're coming back to defend your position?:horse: You've spent the better part of the day defending the position that the quote was impossible? You find the idea of Alvarez saying that so outrageous that Gaard would have to make it up? Barry would NEVER say such a thing? What are you, five? Where you raised in a convent or monastery with no contact with the outside world?

This should be simple enough even for you. What Alvarez said isn't "smack" or even unimaginable for anyone but the most feeble-minded. Kill and the Gophers players said the same thing about their own efforts after the game. Tap was probably wrong talking about it being "classless", unless he was talking about the Badger players butting-in. That was rather classless, but they just won and with all the steroids who can blame them?

THAT'S A JOKE !!!!!!!

Now just go away. If YOU had any class you'd admit that you misread the OP or that you've WAY over reacted. Nobody's counting on that by the way. :banghead::banghead:

Great post. Perfect in fact.

As a Badger fan, I don't care if Barry said it. He's right.

And, I think Bielema's a d-bag too. But he wins, so I don't care all that much. I'd prefer he'd win and not be a d-bag, but it sure beats losing and being a super-nice guy.

Beat Northwestern.

Great post. Perfect in fact.

As a Badger fan, I don't care if Barry said it. He's right.

And, I think Bielema's a d-bag too. But he wins, so I don't care all that much. I'd prefer he'd win and not be a d-bag, but it sure beats losing and being a super-nice guy.

Beat Northwestern.

Thanks for the well wishes against NU. As a Gopher fan, I do care about what he said because he is right. We can whine until we are blue in the face about Bielema and Alvarez and how much class they have, but the quickest way for us to shut them up is to beat the Badgers. I can't imagine they will have too much smack to talk next year when we are walking out of Camp Randal with the axe in our hands.

I agree. That's the attitude I would take if I were you guys. If the roles were reversed, I'd loathe Minnesota. As it is, I don't have strong feelings, but I think kill may have me forming an opinion before too long.

No, they are not.

In Addition: BigEnema also has been nailing co-eds and does coke frequently (and not the cola). My neighbor went to high school in Platteville with Chryst and Chryst does not like Burt and no one can really figure out why he is still on the staff. He should have gotten the head job (pun intended) instead of Bert.

Good god, this non-thread would have died on the first page if it weren't for the badger fans. Let it go. Who gives a rat's ass what BA said/didn't say in the heat of the moment.

Top Bottom