Alvarez

tap

Reaction score
I was listening to KFAN on my way home. JG and DB were talking about the after game confrontation between the Gophers and the BADgers. JG said he heard alvarez shout at the Gopher players and coaches during the scuffle "Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today"

I always thought he had class, but I guess I was wrong.

I was listening to KFAN on my way home. JG and DB were talking about the after game confrontation between the Gophers and the BADgers. JG said he heard alvarez shout at the Gopher players and coaches during the scuffle "Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today"

You were wrong. Everyone from Wisconsin, classless. Everyone from Minnesota, the epitome of class.

Please don't forget that.

Just different terms for winners and losers:D

C'mon people are you really going to base your opinions of people on vague reporter references and message board posts.

Can you honestly say that you are glad that Alvarez and Bielema are not Gophers "because they have no class".

Just admit you are a fan with biased opinions before you go out defaming people whose job it was to beat you. That is why they get paid.

Just different terms for winners and losers:D

C'mon people are you really going to base your opinions of people on vague reporter references and message board posts.

Can you honestly say that you are glad that Alvarez and Bielema are not Gophers "because they have no class".

Just admit you are a fan with biased opinions before you go out defaming people whose job it was to beat you. That is why they get paid.

You sir have no class!

My point is that it is natural to hate Wisconsin, your rival. It is not natural to hate individuals you do not know and say they have no class. It is then time to recognize your bias.

My point is that it is natural to hate Wisconsin, your rival. It is not natural to hate individuals you do not know and say they have no class. It is then time to recognize your bias.

My God, stop making so much sense.

You were wrong. Everyone from Wisconsin, classless. Everyone from Minnesota, the epitome of class.

Please don't forget that.

It's Monday. The game was on Saturday. And you're STILL here refreshing the page every minute to satisfy whatever emptiness you may have? Yawn.

It's Monday. The game was on Saturday. And you're STILL here refreshing the page every minute to satisfy whatever emptiness you may have? Yawn.

He's the exact same thing as Pantherhawk before someone hacked into his computer to see the real person. People who troll, especially people who troll bad teams, are inevitably going to be losers.

It doesn't matter what team they are from. The trolls that live on another team's message board are going to be grade A losers. If they troll for a couple minutes the day of the game or whatever, it's still pathetic, but it isn't the sure sign of absolute life failure that is consistant trolling of a single team.

So just use GV's posts as reminder that things could be worse than being a fan of a bad Big 10 football team, your life could be so empty that you resort to trolling a bad Big 10 football team to keep you from jumping off a bridge.

For the most part, I don't hate my rivals for the sole reason that they are rivals. I don't hate Wilson, Ball or Toon. I wish they weren't so good because their success bothers me, but I surely don't hate them. I also would rip on a Gopher play for acting like an idiot and I have on several occasions.

If Alvarez said that, it's bizarre. An AD shouldn't be near the field shouting at players. It's weird. I still wouldn't hate Alvarez for it, but i'd think it was a little dbaggy if it really happened. I don't like Burt because I think he's a jerk. It's not that big of deal though, i've said multiple times on here, I don't care that he went for 2 or ran up the score on some other opponents. At the same time, I dislike Iowa as much as I dislike Sconny, and I certainly don't hate Ferentz.

I don't think it's a simple matter of people hating the other side, because I certainly don't.

Good point. I never met Bernie Madoff, but I'm pretty sure I hate him. I never met OJ Simpson, but I think I'd like it if he dropped dead. I don't know Kayne West, but I don't think he has any class. I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for in 2012. I'd better get out and meet each and every one of the candidates so I can make an accurate judgement on them as a person. You don't have to meet someone to form an opinion about them.

I am sorry, Barry is an ass. I have met him many times and he is a prick. I am not saying that as a Gopher fan because I met Jeff Sauer, Dick Bennett and Pat Richter many times and they are all class people especially Richter. It is hard not to genuinely like Pat Richter. Wisconsin was incredibly fortunate to have Richter. I will give Coach Alvarez his due as a coach because he had success; but as a person, he is a prick.

You may not know this but Barry's own son microwaved a Parrot while he was in college. Instead of taking his punishment, they shipped him off quickly to Pennsylvania rather than receiving his punishment. The man's son put a Parrot in a microwave, I am sorry but you have to pretty freaking sick to do that.

Never said hate-I just lost all respect for the only BADger I did respect.

Wisconsinites are insanely jealous of Chicagoans and Minnesotan in general. This is why they act like such classless jerks when they win anything. Alvarez is no different I guess.

Handsome Pete said:
Wisconsinites are insanely jealous of Chicagoans and Minnesotan in general. This is why they act like such classless jerks when they win anything. Alvarez is no different I guess.

Jealous of what? These statements are so ridiculous.

Forget this small stuff, I'd really like to know what relationship(s) Alvarez and Shalala have with Nev Shapiro, and how far back it goes. I mean really, how do these three have such a strong relationship that Alvarez invests (allegedly millions) with Shapiro who supposedly had Nothing to do with UW. Did Donna introduce them to each other? When?, Why?

Gaard likes to stir the pot (and that is part of his job I guess), so I'm taking this with a whole shaker of salt. If Alvarez actually did this, it's really low rent.

Of course Alvarez didn't say that. Do you hear yourselves? Barry has been a class act his whole career, is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame, and all of a sudden he is down on the field yelling insults at kids for a couple pushes that lasted all of ten seconds? Really guys, thats your angle? I mean come on, a little common sense here people, this whole thing was a non-issiue and now Barry Alvarez is talking crap to kids 40 years younger than him. Ridiculous.

Of course Alvarez didn't say that. Do you hear yourselves? Barry has been a class act his whole career, is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame, and all of a sudden he is down on the field yelling insults at kids for a couple pushes that lasted all of ten seconds? Really guys, thats your angle? I mean come on, a little common sense here people, this whole thing was a non-issiue and now Barry Alvarez is talking crap to kids 40 years younger than him. Ridiculous.

You're right. I've also come to the conclusion that because I've never gotten into a serious accident in 15 years of driving, I never will.

JG was standing 10 feet away from alvarez. Why would he lie? Also Coach Kill was asked about the confrontation in his post game interview-his reply "no comment".

Of course Alvarez didn't say that. Do you hear yourselves? Barry has been a class act his whole career

The same Barry Alvarez who knocked up a cheerleader and paid for her abortion??

JG was standing 10 feet away from alvarez. Why would he lie? Also Coach Kill was asked about the confrontation in his post game interview-his reply "no comment".

I'm not accusing Gaard of lying, but it would give he and Barreiro 30 minutes of script. Who the heck knows? I'm not a huge Alvarez fan and, as I said earlier, this would be extremely low rent if he did it.

Why would he lie? Uhh, so people listen to his show and talk about him around the water cooler and on message boards. Duh.

Ok so this world famous AD who is universally respected in the coaching profession, and in the media, is suddenly going to start talking smack to 20 year old kids because he's so emotional about beating a team for the 15th time in 17 tries. Or a radio host is pissed about being owned by their boarder rival and so goes with a new angle to discredit said domination. Which is more likely?

Of course you might get into an accident again after 15 years, but the benefit of the doubt would be on your side over a sixteen year old. Which is still not a clear enough distinction between Barry and this radio clown. I went to the U, I'm well aware of the lengths that Gopher fans will go to to justify their hate for all things UW, and I don't blame a lot of them, I'd be pissed too. But this is just pathetic that any of you actually believe this nonsense.

The same Barry Alvarez who knocked up a cheerleader and paid for her abortion??

Just like Kill survives on a steady diet of aborted fetuses right? See we can all make up terrible rumors about opposing coaches. Fun

Or a radio host is pissed about being owned by their boarder rival and so goes with a new angle to discredit said domination.

Try getting a clue. Gaard was not, is not, and will never be, anything close to a Gopher football fan. And what the hell is a "boarder rival"? Someone who competes to see who can get the most guests into their house?

But what are his listeners? Of course almost no media members get jobs in their hometowns. That doesn't mean they don't have a local slant. He is presenting this information for Gopher fans and Gopher fans alone. If he were to talk about West Virginia or Clemson or Stanford, no one would listen to his show.

Oh ho you caught me. An extra A in there makes the meaning completely unclear. Congrats, you clearly have a bigger penis then me.

But what are his listeners? Of course almost no media members get jobs in their hometowns. That doesn't mean they don't have a local slant. He is presenting this information for Gopher fans and Gopher fans alone. If he were to talk about West Virginia or Clemson or Stanford, no one would listen to his show.

Oh ho you caught me. An extra A in there makes the meaning completely unclear. Congrats, you clearly have a bigger penis then me.

Just stop! You're losing!

This ""Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today" This is what you can't possibly imagine being said by a former head coach after a football game? ""Maybe you should have fought that hard on the football field today" This quote couldn't have been possibly uttered by B.A ?

KILL and every Gopher player quoted after the game said the same thing, not in the same context of course.

That quote brought on this response:

Ok so this world famous AD who is universally respected in the coaching profession, and in the media, is suddenly going to start talking smack to 20 year old kids because he's so emotional about beating a team for the 15th time in 17 tries.

"Talking smack"?:confused: How the hell did you get on a football board in the first place?

Nice joke. Gave me a good laugh. Absolutely no reason for Wisconsinites to be insanely jealous of those two cesspools.

Nice joke. Gave me a good laugh. Absolutely no reason for Wisconsinites to be insanely jealous of those two cesspools.

Yeah, ok. How many native Sconnies live in Minnesota? How many native Sconnies live in Chicago?

Now - how many native Minnesotans live in Sconnie? How many native Chicagoans live in Sconnie?

Use your head.

Yeah, ok. How many native Sconnies live in Minnesota? How many native Sconnies live in Chicago?

Now - how many native Minnesotans live in Sconnie? How many native Chicagoans live in Sconnie?

Use your head.
Those Wisconsinites being idiots for wanting to dive into those cesspools is their problem.

Gotta love Goopher fans for trying to use other stats to raise their self esteem because the program they root for is complete garbage. Hilarious.

Top Bottom