#7 Vandy down 13 to Cleveland State at home

overpass

Reaction score
If you are still disturbed by the Gophers close home win vs Bucknell it's not always easy at home.

#7 Vandy down 32-19 to Cleveland State in the first half. Airing on ESPNU.

If you are still disturbed by the Gophers close home win vs Bucknell it's not always easy at home.

#7 Vandy down 32-19 to Cleveland State in the first half. Airing on ESPNU.

Butler also lost to Evansville 80-77 in OT to start their season. Evansville beat Butler by 3 in OT last year too, and we all know how horrible Butler did for the rest of the season.

Now Vanderbilt and Bucknell hook up on Tuesday.

And by the transitive property of basketball, if Bucknell beats Vandy on Tuesday, we should jump to #4 in the nation with Bucknell sitting comfortably at #6 and Cleveland State at #5.

Hello Final Four!

Cleveland State looked very good, I don't think the Gophers would beat them. I will be surprised if they don't get in the NCAA.

Cleveland state has been building a solid program. Both them and bucknell are top 20 mid major programs.

While I think Cleveland State beating Vandy is (or Duke's close call) relevant to talk about, I don't think it is wise to use the most shocking/worst performances of the week as an excuse for the Gophers play. They have played 3 home games so far and have not been able to show a dominant quality over inferior opposition in any of those games. I think the specifics of the games such as continued inablity to hit 3's, continued knack for giving up 3's, and continued poor free throw shooting are real concerns. Hopefully, we will have a solid team this year, but I think it's entirely fair to be concerned with what we've seen from the Gophers so far.

Top Bottom