Jordan Fields

DiehardGopher

Reaction score
Saw on GI that we offered Central Michigan commit Jordan Fields. Anyone know anything about this guy?

All I know is that is Kill likes him enough to offer him, he's good enough for me. I'm sure that will put the majority of Gopher Nation's worries to bed.

He has picked up some decent offers it looks like. Seems like an up and coming guy who could play DB. Sign him up.

Here is what the Dailygopher reported today.

Plus add in Southwest Mississippi's Fidel Montgomery according to Rivals. According to his stats, he appears to be a very good tackler maybe a Tyrone Carter type. http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_colle...amid=118030&athleteid=304063&seasonselect=547

"I've been waiting for the JUCO rumors to start surfacing and it looks like some names are coming through. Kill and staff have been targeting some defensive backs and offensive linemen from the JUCO ranks. I'm sure we will be hearing about some defensive linemen in the near future too but here are a few names worth keeping an eye on.

•Clifford Stokes - CB - 6-1, 175 - Trinity Valley C.C. - Stokes has offers from Iowa State, Houston and Western Kentucky.

•Jeremy Baltazar - CB - 6-0, 195 - Blinn C.C. - Amerson is being pursued by Kansas State, Baylor, Utah and Mississippi St.

•Martez Shabazz - CB - 5-11, 170 - Trinity Valley C.C. - fast corner also being pursued by K State, Iowa State and others.
•Kasseim Everett - CB - 5-11, 185 - Pierce C.C. - Ind, ISU, Kentucky, Utah have all offered Everett.
We'll take all four, we need the help, but I'm sure that would be too many considering we are running out of scholarships. I'm not a huge proponent of recruiting JUCO players but I think it is a necessary evil for new coaching staffs who are trying to change over the roster with players who may better fit their system. Eventually I hope JUCO players are few and far between but I'm sure we will see a handful of part-time players in this recruiting class."

I'll say one thing about Coach Kill, he doesn't like short DB's, I don't think we've offered anyone less than 5'11. As far as JUCO recruits, with the inbalance of the classes, I think it's inevitable. There are 2 or 3 scholarships that can be applied to last years class if recruits enroll in January so we could have up to 28 scholarships available.

Here is what the Dailygopher reported today.

Plus add in Southwest Mississippi's Fidel Montgomery according to Rivals. According to his stats, he appears to be a very good tackler maybe a Tyrone Carter type. http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_colle...amid=118030&athleteid=304063&seasonselect=547

"I've been waiting for the JUCO rumors to start surfacing and it looks like some names are coming through. Kill and staff have been targeting some defensive backs and offensive linemen from the JUCO ranks. I'm sure we will be hearing about some defensive linemen in the near future too but here are a few names worth keeping an eye on.

•Clifford Stokes - CB - 6-1, 175 - Trinity Valley C.C. - Stokes has offers from Iowa State, Houston and Western Kentucky.

•Jeremy Baltazar - CB - 6-0, 195 - Blinn C.C. - Amerson is being pursued by Kansas State, Baylor, Utah and Mississippi St.

•Martez Shabazz - CB - 5-11, 170 - Trinity Valley C.C. - fast corner also being pursued by K State, Iowa State and others.
•Kasseim Everett - CB - 5-11, 185 - Pierce C.C. - Ind, ISU, Kentucky, Utah have all offered Everett.
We'll take all four, we need the help, but I'm sure that would be too many considering we are running out of scholarships. I'm not a huge proponent of recruiting JUCO players but I think it is a necessary evil for new coaching staffs who are trying to change over the roster with players who may better fit their system. Eventually I hope JUCO players are few and far between but I'm sure we will see a handful of part-time players in this recruiting class."

Good info., thanks. No need to consider a Juco as any kind of evil. Those kids serve a purpose. We'd be up the proverbial creek most years without them. Ideal world = we don't need any, but we don't live in that world yet.

Top Bottom