After The Last 2 Weeks...Are There Still Any DOUBTERS...???

The only disappointement in the game was the punting game.. we were in bad field position all day.... BEAT THE BADGERS~~~~

seriously? they have played well 2 weeks in a row. something to build on for sure but way to soon to say the corner has been turned.

seriously? they have played well 2 weeks in a row. something to build on for sure but way to soon to say the corner has been turned.

Yes, seriously. No one said that we're there yet. But you can definitely see the improvement and confidence building. I'm excited. This is very thin team with a lot injuries and we're still playing pretty good football. Can't wait for around year 3 of Kill and Co!!

The way they played, on the road against a Top20 team is very encouraging. Couple that with all the injuries that this team has right now and there's reason for optimism. Gray's the key. He needs to keep playing well and build on that for 2012.

I'm sure

I'm sure Russee and co. will find some negative things to say such as why did we allow MSU score a touchdown before second half.....etc.
Kill is the real deal for sure. I'm disappointed that we can't seal the W but very pleased for the progress as well.

There is no way any gopher fan could be upset with what we've seen from this team the past two weeks. I don't think anyone out there would say we have turned the corner or that we are "there" yet, but these weeks have shown that this coaching staff has the potential to do good things with this program. I'm certainly optimistic as to what the future might hold

Well....???????
Sure. Not sure why you think the coaching staff is a sure thing. Was I extremely pleased to see us give our best effort of the year today, absolutely. We played a complete game for the first time this year. Hats off to the players who worked their tails off and the coaching staff who had them ready. In fact, there aren't any major negatives I can think of after this game. I thought we played the absolute best game we can. But don't let last week's win go to your head. Iowa outplayed us for 3 quarters and we had one good quarter. Bad news for Iowa was they left us around in the game where that could beat them. So that was a lot of Iowa shooting itself in the foot and us making plays when we had to. We had a ton better effort today. Long drives, great oline work, a harp and competent qb. Can't say enough about teh good game today. I'd like to see, just like all of us, this sort of effort in all the remaining games. They sure will be fun to watch if we get it.

yes. In game coaching is still borderline retarded.

Just because we have played well for two weeks in a row doesn't mean we werent ill prepared in 6 games this season.

Let's also not pretend like I have been saying he is terrible. I've said I don't like the hire. I've also said I think he will take us back to slightly less than mason levels.

Let's also not forget that the excuse making after those three blowouts was that we don't have the talent to compete. Apparently we do.

Last two weeks have been great. Hopefully I am wrong and he turns out to be the guy to completely turn it around. But I am not for a minute going to lie and say I am completely sold.

I totally understood the game plan AND the decisions today. It was a very well coached game. Congrats to coach Kill and staff.

Pat Forde
“Wow, Gophers up early on Michigan State. Maybe the lights are coming on for that team. Big win last week over Iowa.”

Seems like we’re getting more positive feedback from other parts of the country than in TC. The team needs to get more constructive criticisms for recruiting process.

Pat Forde
“Wow, Gophers up early on Michigan State. Maybe the lights are coming on for that team. Big win last week over Iowa.”

Seems like we’re getting more positive feedback from other parts of the country than in TC. The team needs to get more constructive criticisms for recruiting process.

If that is your definition of constructive criticism I think you need to look up the definition of criticism. But I don't disagree with the premise. There is a major difference between pointing out mistakes and ripping just to rip.

I'm not doubting, but I'm getting really sick of running read options on 2nd and long every time.

I'll admit I make poor word choice. I just should say positive feedback. Thanks for pointing out.

Yes, seriously. No one said that we're there yet. But you can definitely see the improvement and confidence building. I'm excited. This is very thin team with a lot injuries and we're still playing pretty good football. Can't wait for around year 3 of Kill and Co!!
Along with far less mistakes...

I'm not doubting, but I'm getting really sick of running read options on 2nd and long every time.

I was fine with the play calling today. What other time this year have we had a game where we went on so many long drives? We converted third downs, we made plays when we had to. We have to play ball control offense, which is why you see so many read options. I'm sure you know how likely we are to win with our defense on the field..

That is Kill and Limegrover's base for this offense though. Read-options as the main running play I mean.

Playcalling was great today. I would have liked us to not have been so conservative in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter (2 3 and outs) but it's hard to question anything when you play that well against the number 2 defense or whatever it is.

That is Kill and Limegrover's base for this offense though. Read-options as the main running play I mean.
I understand that, I just thought the playcalling was getting a little too predictable in the second half. Not really at the end of the game, but from about halfway through the third to halfway through the fourth.

I understand that, I just thought the playcalling was getting a little too predictable in the second half. Not really at the end of the game, but from about halfway through the third to halfway through the fourth.

I don't have a problem with the play calling since they are just getting it in regard to playing with discipline and within themselves. As they continue to develop and become more confident, I expect the play book to expand.

The predictable play calling almost won the game...If Gray would have ran rather then throw on third down near the goal and if the defense would have held, the game might have been won.

Talk about a catch 22. It can be said early that the Gophs don't have enough B1G-ready players and the first year coach is held accountable for the early losses. It's the first year coach's fault! Then, the team starts competing and the response is essentially "a-HA!!! See, there ARE players. Never mind the current progress, the first year coach was lying."

If you don't like the coach, it is pretty convenient to hold him responsible for failures and attribute successes to the players.

Talk about a catch 22. It can be said early that the Gophs don't have enough B1G-ready players and the first year coach is held accountable for the early losses. It's the first year coach's fault! Then, the team starts competing and the response is essentially "a-HA!!! See, there ARE players. Never mind the current progress, the first year coach was lying."

If you don't like the coach, it is pretty convenient to hold him responsible for failures and attribute successes to the players.
Well, the way they were playing, and probably some of the behind closed doors attitudes could easily have led to some of those conclusions. Maybe the players finally got mad enough to do something about it, it started clicking in and they started getting it together.

Never been anti - Kill. Given the condition of the program when he inherited it, he needed, and still needs time to get it up there.

The corner was turned against Iowa...

Who did that?

I attributed losing by huge margins to the coaches while others attributed it to the players.
I attribute the last two game to the coaches seeing as how the gameplans have changed but the players have not. Has anyone said we only have played well because of players?we have the players to at least look like we belong on the field. We have the entire year. Not a catch 22. Reality.

Top Bottom