Anybody dishing hope? The Gophers will do well tomorrow because....

We're Comin'

Reaction score
I've had a few beers, but I still need some cheer. Please dish some hope my way for tomorrow. I'll start - NO Turnovers!

T. Martinez and Rex B. out after two plays with two broken legs when they run into each other on a broken play. Bo Pelini's head literally explodes. Gophers win 7-6 on a blocked extra point

Consistent with another thread...

Crowd noise is unbelievable. Students show in force and are insane. Nebraska and Gophs take it to the wire...

Go Gophers! Beat Nebraska!

The Gophers will do well tomorrow because......

It's about F'%*in Time!!!!!

...they start to show signs of improvement on both sides of the ball.

I think most of us agree that the chances of a win are slim to none but at this point in the season we should start to see some of the coaching staffs influence on the players. The offense has had the bye week to really digest what has worked and what has not to this point in the season. So the plan for this week should cater to what works (granted there is not a lot there to draw from). On defense they have had two weeks to study Nebraska so whatever gameplan they can come up with should be on display tomorrow. I don't think they can stop Nebraska based on what we have seen to this point but hopefully they can slow them down at least.

At this point in a lost season it is all baby steps and looking to the future.

OK, I'll bite.

Last I heard we were playing Nebraska, not the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae, or even the New England Patriots.. Nebs is a good team, but they are not invincible. Coach Kill will get the fire back in their bellies and we will surprise everyone and put his stamp on the program.

Offense will find something that works and we at least move the ball. Minimal penalties and not turning the ball over.

Any road game in the Big ten is difficult. The Huskers are without a stud linemen. The orange knocked off WVU last night. Coach Kill will get his first signature win this year. After 20 games at USC, Kiffin is still looking for a signature win..

First 3 plays on offense will all be long passes and one will be for a large gain first down, thus opening up the running game and throwing the Nebraska game plan out the window. :p:p

Kill makes me eat crow before halftime.

The Gophers must not make stupid mistakes and penalties. Must be better blockers and tacklers. Also, score more damn points than the other team. Amen.

......Crick is out. Nebraska is on the road. Marqueis is healthy.

Every player on the Gopher team could play to the best of their ability with no mental mistakes and we would lose by 2 TDs.

. ... Nebraska will be unable to capitalize on its home-crowd advantage.

Because a mediocre Purdue team is making #23 Illinois look stupid in the first half.

Top Bottom