Big Ten Schools

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
In your social circle, how many Big Ten schools are represented. I have 11. All except Purdue.

1 Minnesota . I don't associate with the enemy.

Been dating a Michigan grad for the past 3 years. Her family is all MSU fans. I went to high school in Columbus Ohio, and Madison Wisconsin. Lived in Central PA before that. Now live in Illinois. So...a lot. I think the only schools not represented in my greater social circle are Nebraska and Purdue.

Northwestern, MSU, Wisconsin, Chicago (oddly I know a lot of people who went to this former and founding member of the B1G), Wisconsin and Illinois.

i represent two myself and both of those schools wear maroon.

keep your fingers crossed, thinking about applying to northwestern law school.

[/namedropemoticon]

I'm part of a new start up company with 9 people in our office and we have 4 Big Ten schools represented

Purdue
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Iowa

The U
Wisco
Purdue
Iowa
Mich-MSU 1 person

more distant
Indiana
Penn State

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Iowa
Nebraska
PSU
tOSU

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Here in western Baja Minnesota:
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Illinois
Ohio State
Michigan State

Inner Circle:
Went to Wisconsin
Best friend from HS is a Gopher + many others
Married to an Illini
Boss is a Hawkeye
Employee is a Husker
Stepdad is a Boilermaker
More Distant:
Grad school buddies on FB are Buckeye, Wildcat
Work colleagues are Spartan, Wolverine, Hoosier
Vendor at work is a Lion

Interesting that when I initially read the question, my answer was 3, then: I "remembered" I needed to count Nebraska as a Big Ten school (seems weird) and I read a post that mentioned the University of Chicago where one of my best friends went to school.

Number is 5

Minnesota- obviously

Iowa- live here, so the vast majority of friends are Hawkeye fans

Nebraska- the third team in terms of popularity in the state

Michigan- One of my buddies is one of "those fans" Michigan in football and UConn in basketball

Chicago

Iowa (friend is a diehard despite growing up in a southern suburb of Minneapolis)
Michigan State (father's alma mater & uncle was assistant football coach there under Biggie Munn)
Penn State (another uncle is a big JoePa & Phillies guy)
Wisconsin (with much regret, I sadly confess one of my best friends is a Badger fan)

Top Bottom