Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think this has been posted here yet, gotta love Trevor doing his part as well

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gophernation&src=hash">#gophernation</a> make sure you're loud tonight during the <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherBBall">@GopherBBall</a> game for <a href="https://twitter.com/Reid_Travis_22">@Reid_Travis_22</a>. Nothing better than home cooking Reid lol</p>— Trevor Mbakwe (@TMbakwe32) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMbakwe32/statuses/397518291935436800">November 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No, not really yet. However, being retired, it is a long line of Saturdays every week. :)

My friend's father would say "I have 6 Saturdays and fat paper day". He never really knew (or cared) what day it was besides Sunday.

BYRmrwRCAAAP5t4.jpg:large

Recruiting violation? Haha

So if its trending MN's way the polls matter, but when its not people dont know any better...lol...

I understand your point, but I actually do think the 247 polls have been right more often than not when you look at the late trend. Obviously we have seen some exceptions. But I do think the late votes are somewhat telling.

So if its trending MN's way the polls matter, but when its not people dont know any better...lol...

That's not what I was suggesting... What I said was "6 of the last 7 predictions for the Gophers (all withing the last 24 hours) have come from either national guys or guys that have no affiliation with the Gophers!" Translation - It is important to note that it is not just Gophers writers & bloggers (people associated with the Gophers who may pick Travis to Minnesota out of hope / having a more skewed opinion) but also National writers & CBB reporters who don't have skewed ideas about where a recruit may end up.

Regardless of if the polls are trending MN or not they don't really matter, but like others have said, "the experts" on 24/7 are right more than they're wrong so it is worth noting!

Instead of bickering (save that for PM's), let's talk about Travis -

What's the D1 Circuit all about? Just tweeted me this after I tweeted at Evan Daniels about Travis:

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit 1m
@InfraRen @EvanDanielsFOX Will be stunned if he doesn't choose the Gophers.

So checked again with my source, and he said he won't know anything new until later today, but I will more than likely not be online until past midnight today (busy day) and I can't use my phone to post on here for some reason, but if you want you can follow my twitter (@RomiDaMan) and I will try to tweet whatever new info I get.

Asked him about the tweet regarding the 20minute talk Reid's dad mentioned with Coach K, he told me he believes that's when Reid told them he doesn't have interest in Duke, and assumed that his dad didn't want to mention the details because he doesn't want to take the fun away from Reid on Friday when he makes the decision. Could be that or Coach K is not taking no for an answer.

I am still confused as to why stanford is not getting any love by the crystal ball, they have a better shot than Duke to land him

So checked again with my source, and he said he won't know anything new until later today, but I will more than likely not be online until past midnight today (busy day) and I can't use my phone to post on here for some reason, but if you want you can follow my twitter (@RomiDaMan) and I will try to tweet whatever new info I get.

Asked him about the tweet regarding the 20minute talk Reid's dad mentioned with Coach K, he told me he believes that's when Reid told them he doesn't have interest in Duke, and assumed that his dad didn't want to mention the details because he doesn't want to take the fun away from Reid on Friday when he makes the decision. Could be that or Coach K is not taking no for an answer.

I am still confused as to why stanford is not getting any love by the crystal ball, they have a better shot than Duke to land him

You will be followed momentarily, thanks for the info again!... And I was saying the same thing earlier about Stanford. It is shocking that no one has picked them!

Instead of bickering (save that for PM's), let's talk about Travis -

What's the D1 Circuit all about? Just tweeted me this after I tweeted at Evan Daniels about Travis:

D1 circuit are a couple of people out of Minnesota that cover all things EYBL... They tweeted all summer about recruits / their offers / how they played in the games etc... Basically anyone from EYBL is covered by those guys. I found them to be very educated this summer! That is all I know

Thanks GopherDude about that info on D1 Circuit. Seems like they'd have some solid sources. Here's what they had to say to me about Reid today in whole:
D1Circuit.JPG

Man if you're wrong you'll be replacing richmondinsider as the punching bag of recruiting news on this forum.

I am still confused as to why stanford is not getting any love by the crystal ball, they have a better shot than Duke to land him[/QUOTE

No offense, but I really can't put any stock into this. If "your source" is so close to Travis, he'd have his mouth shut right now.

Guy Fawkes:"So I checked in with my "source" today about Reid, said that he has informed coach K over the weekend that he would not be attending Duke. In terms of where he is leaning, he is saying that he believes the kid wants to go to Minnesota, but has family members who are really getting into his ear about picking stanford. Said those family members are the biggest obstacle for the gophers chances right now. I will also add that the family was blown away by their Stanford visit, that meeting condoleezza rice was a "surreal moment" for them."

both of our sources are on the same page so it has to be true

Guy Fawkes = die hard gopher's source and die hard gopher = Guy Fawkes' source?

The overall trend of changes today favors MN significantly. I hope they are on track with their predictions.

I'm surprised no one picked Stanford. I was a Stanford guy, but I'm now with Minnesota. However, I wouldn't be shocked if he went to Stanford. The Cardinal has always seemed like the number one or two choice for Travis.

I apologize if this has been stated already, but Reid's gf is on scholarship at the U of M for soccer.

I apologize if this has been stated already, but Reid's gf is on scholarship at the U of M for soccer.

I love it, I think you should go post this on the Duke message boards and wait for it to blow up.

Pat Lawless just made the switch from DUke to Minny - now 53% - 47% Minny lead on 24/7... I promise this is my last update on where Travis goes based on 24/7. I'll leave the updates for someone else now that we're ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom