Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kevon Looney has committed to UCLA.</p>— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/statuses/395976120308232194">October 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is terrible, terrible, terrible news. Expect a huge push from coach K :(

Strange recruitment. Everyone thought it was down to Duke, Tennessee, and Florida with Wisconsin coming in 4th. Nobody mentioned UCLA.

Must be something about getting the last visit. He held this decision close to his chest about as well as I've seen.

I hope there isn't a meltdown if Looney goes somewhere else. It's still possible for us to get Reid either way.

True, but Duke will put the full press on Travis if they don't get looney. I still have faith that he doesn't want to go to Duke and that he will stay home, but I understand why others don't. As for Doogie's tweet, it's just lip service, like Tyus saying he's still considering us. Travis will get 30 minutes a game next year for us, Duke can't, promise that

Suprised to see UCLA for Looney I thought Duke was the leader but it sounded the last couple days like nobody had a real good feel for where he would end up. I think in the end it will come down to Duke or Minnesota for Travis and while Duke missing on Looney may put more emphasis for them on Travis I am still pretty optimistic that Travis stays home to play for the Gophers.

It will be interesting to see what direction the Crystal Ball herd goes in now.

This should be a fun week coming up! :D. It will be interesting to see how this affects Reid.

Meh, I think he already had his mind up anyways. I think the secret is out that Duke is not the place to go if you are a big man.

Duke has had bigs drafted in the 1st round the past 2 years, not to mention Boozer, Brand, Thomas, McRoberts, Kelly. Mason Plumlee was the focal point of the offense last year, gaining all-american honors. His brother Miles was ranked roughly in the same area as Travis coming out of high school and he ended up being a 1st rounder and now is starting for Phoenix (just went for 18 and 15 last night).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Duke has just one commit for 2014 in SG <a href="https://twitter.com/GraysonJAllen">@GraysonJAllen</a> . Gotta think the Looney decision amps up the pressure for them on Tyus & Jahlil.</p>— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/statuses/395980160240848897">October 31, 2013</a></blockquote>

Interesting that they only have 1 commit so far. Wouldn't mind seeing them strike out again.

So many moving parts to recruiting that us fans never see. You wonder if the Jones/Okafor decision has any impact on Reid. I'm sure he has a sense of where the "package deal" will end up. If they go to Kansas, does that make Duke more attractive? If they go to Duke, does he want to follow? Problem is, there is only 1 basketball, and I'm sure Duke has players already on their roster that will eat into minutes. Can Duke really bring 5 recruits that all want to start? Besides, you think it bothers him that all the fans say, "We'll we missed out on Looney, I guess lets go get Reid.".....I'm sure Pitino has made it clear he's been #1 on our board since he took over. Who knows what Coach K has been telling him, and who knows when Coach K knew he wasn't going to get Looney.

Tyus
Allen
Winslow
Travis
Okafor

Meh, I think he already had his mind up anyways. I think the secret is out that Duke is not the place to go if you are a big man.

No. Duke does great with big men. Duke simply doesn't play two big men together very well. Coach K puts plenty of big men in the NBA, and his main big man tends to score a lot.

I hope everybody has been tweeting at him! This generation loves their social media and I guarantee he sees it. Don't underestimate the weight of it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Per Reid Travis' dad: Michael Humphrey's (6'10") commit to Stanford yesterday has no impact on Reid's decision. Down to Gophers, Duke, Stan.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/395916981813010433">October 31, 2013</a></blockquote>

Off course it doesn't impact it if he has already decided on somewhere else.

It will be interesting to see if any of the 10 that currently are picking the Gophers now flip to Duke.

I'm pretty sure Brenden Padilla had the Gophers as of a half hour ago. I'm sure we'll see more flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom