Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.

How about this: Reid's dad came out to say that the Humphrey signing has nothing to do with the decision because he's already decided against Stanford and they don't want the perception out there when he does announce that he was scared off by anyone?

How about this: Reid's dad came out to say that the Humphrey signing has nothing to do with the decision because he's already decided against Stanford and they don't want the perception out there when he does announce that he was scared off by anyone?

STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP, DWG. THIS WILL MAKE THE INEVITABLE HEARTBREAK THAT MUCH HARDER TO TAKE.

I like it :clap:

I think Academics is more of a priority for him than who his competition is.

It's just a little different than most reruits, maybe he wants to go to Stanford because he likes the school, regardless of who his teamates are, who he has to compete with, who the coach is, etc.. Always the wild card here and what makes Stanford a finalist

If that's true then they wouldn't have eliminated Gonzaga for no reason at all.

It looks like Looney has delayed his decision until later today.

Martin and Travis can play together. Martin is closer to a 5 than a 3.

Martin is very athetic can handle the ball well for someone his size and has a solid outside jumper. I'd definitely say he's closer to a 3 than a 5 in the big ten, but in Pitino's system he could probably log playing time at 3-5.

Martin and Travis can play together. Martin is closer to a 5 than a 3.

Not to be a jerk, but I couldn't disagree more. Watch the videos of him... There is absolutely no way he's closer to a 5 than a 3. I mean, obviously, we all think he's a 4 (and he is), but if he were going to play a different position it certainly would not be the 5 unless he grew more and became a lot more beast like inside... he's a good dunker, but physical enough for the 5

You mean until 1?

I was searching for Kevin Looney on Twitter and I saw few tweets that talked about the decision coming later today. If it's announced as 1pm, I stand corrected. My apologies.

Is that 1pm EST or CST? Can you tell I'm anxious?

I was searching for Kevin Looney on Twitter and I saw few tweets that talked about the decision coming later today. If it's announced as 1pm, I stand corrected. My apologies.

Central, he is announcing from Milwaukee.

1pm central time. You aren't the only one!

Not to be a jerk, but I couldn't disagree more. Watch the videos of him... There is absolutely no way he's closer to a 5 than a 3. I mean, obviously, we all think he's a 4 (and he is), but if he were going to play a different position it certainly would not be the 5 unless he grew more and became a lot more beast like inside... he's a good dunker, but physical enough for the 5

And Dennis Rodman couldn't defend Shaq?

And I know it's not 1979, but jay Vincent did ok at Michigan state, at 6'7" 220

I think these guys were more scrappy than beastly

And Dennis Rodman couldn't defend Shaq?

And I know it's not 1979, but jay Vincent did ok at Michigan state, at 6'7" 220

I think these guys were more scrappy than beastly

The Dennis Rodman example is good... Sorry on the Vincent example though, he's a little before my time (20 or 30 years before actually lol). I like Martin a lot, I just don't see him as a 5... Especially if Reid Travis were to commit; i could easily see Reid playing the five, he's strong, scrappy & beastly all in one, but Martin, I just dont see it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Per Reid Travis' dad: Michael Humphrey's (6'10") commit to Stanford yesterday has no impact on Reid's decision. Down to Gophers, Duke, Stan.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/395916981813010433">October 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe it doesnt have an impact because he's already decided on the Gophers...

Duke insiders seem to think it'll be either Tennessee or Florida for Looney but it's based on a hunch and nothing concrete.

The announcement should be coming in a couple of minutes...this should get interesting...

I did watch some tape and he's a 5 in the tape. Looks to me like a banger. At 6-8, 215 lbs. going into his senior year in high school, 240/245 is not out of the question. Obviously I'm guessing, but he appeared to me someone who will player bigger and not smaller. I would move Buggs to the 3 first, and if Wally is actually being considered for the 4, Martin could be considered for the 5. Once again, I'm just quessing.

$hit $hit $hit everyone is saying not duke anymore $hit!!! Please pick Duke!!

I hope there isn't a meltdown if Looney goes somewhere else. It's still possible for us to get Reid either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom