Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has there been anything to suggest that Thorsen might become an assistant, or is it just hot air from the Gonzaga board?

We don't have any assistant coach positions open and there is no way Thorsen would take one of the Quality Control or Basketball Operation type positions. He is above that.

We don't have any assistant coach positions open and there is no way Thorsen would take one of the Quality Control or Basketball Operation type positions. He is above that.

Back when Coach Pitino was first hired and in the process of hiring a staff, wasn't there some 'suggestions' here on GH about hiring Thorsen for a local connection?

Back when Coach Pitino was first hired and in the process of hiring a staff, wasn't there some 'suggestions' here on GH about hiring Thorsen for a local connection?

Yes, 19. But that came from real experts, remember? Ben is our local connection with D1 experience.

Mike Humphrey to Stanford, per @ebosshoops!!

Go Gophers!!

I'm going to lose it if Looney goes to Duke. I don't care if we get a commitment by default. I want Reid.

Good God, if we sound half as bad as the douchy tools do on the Gonzaga board I'm going to pack up my bags and go because this crap on the Travis posts was insufferable. Thanks for posting this Die Hard, it's a good reminder to keep perspective.

here is A gonzaga forum and their reaction to the news
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?47321-Reid-Travis-cuts-Gonzaga-out/page2

i don't know what to be more excited about, the possibility of the gophers beating Indiana and being ranked or the possibility of Reid being a gopher! either way the wait for both is killing me!

Good God, if we sound half as bad as the douchy tools do on the Gonzaga board I'm going to pack up my bags and go because this crap on the Travis posts was insufferable. Thanks for posting this Die Hard, it's a good reminder to keep perspective.

Wow. Did they not just get a 5* PG in Josh Perkins? Calm the F down.

Wow. Did they not just get a 5* PG in Josh Perkins? Calm the F down.

Pretty sure he's one of their first really big-time recruits too, so missing out on Travis shouldn't be a huge shocker. But they seem more upset that it's looking like he's going to choose "the worst program in the Big Ten" over them.

All Things Reid Travis Thread - UPDATED 10/30: Decision 11/8, Zags are out

Pretty sure he's one of their first really big-time recruits too, so missing out on Travis shouldn't be a huge shocker. But they seem more upset that it's looking like he's going to choose "the worst program in the Big Ten" over them.

The worst program in the Big 10 that would hang with them in every game and probably beat them 50% of the time.

I said some horrible things about Gonzaga in the Josh Perkins thread. I stand by it. I think they are a product of a terrible conference. The tournament results speak for themselves. One of the posters in that thread said they are still looking good for a 2014-2015 final 4 run. I'll believe it when I see it. I'd wager on them getting upset in the Round of 32.

That's the epitome of how we should NOT react when a major recruit goes elsewhere. Such classless
bafoons. I hope we get them in the NCAA Tournament in these next few years!

LOL @ crazy and ignorant Gonzaga fans. They finished 4th in this race and Travis did them a favor by letting them know, yet they feel dissed by being "singled out." Funny, I'm still trying to figure out how they landed Josh Perkins and here they are complaining about the possibility of Travis staying HOME to START IMMEDIATELY and play in the BIG TEN, at a RENOWNED BUSINESS SCHOOL. Yeah, pretty crazy huh zags? lol

I think all of the bizarre assistant coach discussion on their board is just some uninformed person conflating the facts that we hired Ben Johnson this spring, that he's recruiting Travis and Jarvis Johnson from his former school, that Thorson's a former U assistant, and that some people think Pete Kaffey could go along with Rashad Vaughn as an assistant.

Some Internet jockey spits all that out and it's sort of like the results of the old "telephone game" ....

LOL @ crazy and ignorant Gonzaga fans. They finished 4th in this race and Travis did them a favor by letting them know, yet they feel dissed by being "singled out." Funny, I'm still trying to figure out how they landed Josh Perkins and here they are complaining about the possibility of Travis staying HOME to START IMMEDIATELY and play in the BIG TEN, at a RENOWNED BUSINESS SCHOOL. Yeah, pretty crazy huh zags? lol

I think all of the bizarre assistant coach discussion on their board is just some uninformed person conflating the facts that we hired Ben Johnson this spring, that he's recruiting Travis and Jarvis Johnson from his former school, that Thorson's a former U assistant, and that some people think Pete Kaffey could go along with Rashad Vaughn as an assistant.

Some Internet jockey spits all that out and it's sort of like the results of the old "telephone game" ....

That's "a second rate land grant school" to you, pal, according to one of the scorned.

Uh oh. The last predictions are usually the correct ones.

No one has a good read on Looney, and I don't think anyone was super confident with their Duke pick. Borzello, the first one to predict Florida, said it was a gut call. Looney has kept his cards very close.

The Zags is a hilarious thread with lots of uninformed people and worth a read for sheer entertainment. Since they've only had a "successful" basketball program for 10-15 years it's to be expected. My guess is it's a lot of teens and 20 somethings with great imaginations.

The Gonzaga thread is ridiculous. They're in the WCC and irate that a kid would choose a hometown B1G school over them? Wow. Get over yourself.

Wow lots of ignorant stuff being said about Gonzaga in this thread. As someone who has attended both schools, Minnesota fans have no right in ****ting on their basketball program like some in this thread, even if some Gonzaga fans on the interwebz are pissed they aren't getting Travis.

Looney will go to Duke, I think that Florida rumors are just to create intrigue for tomorrow's announcement, wouldn't be the most shameless thing espn has done. I'll give Florida's odds the dreaded GW percent lol

Yeah, I was taken aback by the degree of their douchy toolness. Not that those douchy tools represent the student body, but they make the joint look bad with their fool rantings.

Unreal sour grapes on the Zags board. I hope we didn't sound like that when we missed out on Whitehead.

Well, today is "Kevin Looney" day. Sounds like he'll be announcing at 11 am central time.

Well, today is "Kevin Looney" day. Sounds like he'll be announcing at 11 am central time.

and just to be obvious, but manage expectations fellas.... Looney going to Duke means nothing as far as Travis is concerned. Just increases our possibility/probability significantly.

Stanford is still a REAL option for Travis.

The Gonzaga thread is ridiculous. They're in the WCC and irate that a kid would choose a hometown B1G school over them? Wow. Get over yourself.

They're still bitter they lost their previous head coach to us.:)

Zags out, Humphrey to Stanford, hopefully Looney to Duke... Wow I can't even contain my excitement! Please Looney, I'm begging you, commit to Duke today! We need all the help we can get! We need Reid!!

Edit: Accidentally put Humphrey to Minnesota instead of Stanford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom