Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember the first time i laid eyes on reid i didn't know who he was but noticed he was 6-7 and ripped, at the time i was thinking "that kid looks like he could play D-II or maybe even D-1 ball!"

Watched him at Howard Pulley against Mbakwe. I realize this isn't the best judge, but he was bigger than Trev and thoroughly out played him. Face ups, post ups, etc. it was incredible to watch.

God damn it, I think the world is setting us up for a massive let down. Everything seems to be too perfect at the moment.

Hopefully this violation of the third Commandment does not lead to the Almighty interceding on the behalf of Stanford!

Hometown always has a chance. His family are here and the people here love him. Even if he was an average college player, he would be loved in Minnesota.

We are the safest pick. It all depends on how adventurous he's feeling.

We are the safest pick for location - but also an adventurous pick. Is he a leader who wants to start a new era in Gopher basketball? I think he might be.

My heart skips a beat evertime I type Gopherhole in the address bar of my Netscape Navigator program. Just waiting for the day i see.

Reid Commits to the U!!!!!

I'll let out an exasperated YAHOOOOO at work regardless of the repercussions.

What? Is that still a thing or is my sarcasm detector broken?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Reid Travis will pick Duke, Minny or Stanford on Nov. 8, his dad says. Gonzaga is out. <a href="http://t.co/sZiTpU5KLx">http://t.co/sZiTpU5KLx</a></p>— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/statuses/395620971920367616">October 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I imagine the two 247 crystal ball predictions in favor of Gonzaga will soon be changing to Minnesota. :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Reid Travis will pick Duke, Minny or Stanford on Nov. 8, his dad says. Gonzaga is out. <a href="http://t.co/sZiTpU5KLx">http://t.co/sZiTpU5KLx</a></p>— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/statuses/395620971920367616">October 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Where are those Gonzaga trolls we had a month or two ago talking about how Gonzaga is the greatest school ever, especially for accountants or similar job?

They never had a chance.

I didn't take Gonzaga very seriously, but still nice to see they've been eliminated. Now time to eliminate Duke and Stanford.

Stay home young man! Be loved like you deserve to be! Start a legacy!

Tomorrow is a BIG day. (Well, Halloween too I guess) But the important reason is if Looney chooses to be a Blue Devil, things look really, really, really good with Reid for the Gophers.

Tomorrow is a BIG day. (Well, Halloween too I guess) But the important reason is if Looney chooses to be a Blue Devil, things look really, really, really good with Reid for the Gophers.

Hopefully Stanford gets a commit from Humphrey this week, which is also expected.

I've been surprised there has been so little, if any, talk from Tyus or Reid on continuing to play together (at Duke) after all their AAU time together. Must not be a priority at all.

As of 5:30 today, 247's predictions have him 74% Duke and 26% Gophers.

As of 5:30 today, 247's predictions have him 74% Duke and 26% Gophers.

That disregards timing and trending.

8 of the last 10 predictions have been MN. Only 2 Duke.

jazzdelmar is quite a doozy to read about lol, some guy also accuses Pitino of offering the Delasalle coach an assistant coaches job in exchange for Travis and Johnson. They apparently don' know that Rene Pulley doesn't coach D, or that Ben Johnson al ready on staff and most of all they don't know the Travis family

i was just on a Duke forum and they believe that they have better chances with reid then Looney, one guy even said he thinks looney is tennessee bound, and the very last most recent prediction on 247's crystal ball is now florida, take it for what it is worth but i found that strange

FWIW, Evan Daniels tweeted that a coach involved with Looney's recruitment said it is "the weirdest recruitment process ever". We have no idea who he'll choose tomorrow.

jazzdelmar is quite a doozy to read about lol, some guy also accuses Pitino of offering the Delasalle coach an assistant coaches job in exchange for Travis and Johnson. They apparently don' know that Rene Pulley doesn't coach D, or that Ben Johnson al ready on staff and most of all they don't know the Travis family

My guess is that the poster was talking about jarvis johnson, and Thorsen not Pulley, not sure Pulley would be qualified, I would think Thorsen would be more than qualified, if I am not mistaken he was an assistant under Clem, couldn't see that happening though.

Haha, yeah that guy was pissed. What was all that stuff about us offering Reid's high school/AAU coach? Pretty sure this is the first I've heard of any of that.

My guess is that the poster was talking about jarvis johnson, and Thorsen not Pulley, not sure Pulley would be qualified, I would think Thorsen would be more than qualified, if I am not mistaken he was an assistant under Clem, couldn't see that happening though.

Has there been anything to suggest that Thorsen might become an assistant, or is it just hot air from the Gonzaga board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom