Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Marshawn Wilson has transferred to DE from Tartan he will also get some looks here

Heard he did?another top 12 2015 kid Gresham left Tartan for Cretin. De 2015 player Anim is visiting Iowa.Top 2013 Kid from Tartan transferred to Quakerdale Prep

Amelia Rayno tweet: "Three recruits are unofficially visiting Minnesota this weekend: Reid Travis, Rashad Vaughn and Alex Illikainen. #Gophers"

Go Gophers!!

Scoop central

• DeLaSalle quarterback and basketball star Reid Travis, a Gophers recruit in both sports, met with Iowa assistant basketball coach Andrew Francis on Wednesday. He's also bonded recently with Smith, Michigan State's Tom Izzo, Stanford's Johnny Dawkins and coaches from Northwestern. He can start taking official basketball recruiting trips in January, and while nothing is set, he mentioned Minnesota, Harvard, Stanford, and USC as strong possibilities. As for football, he'll be a guest of Iowa's Sept. 29 for its game against the Gophers. By the way, Travis is suspended for Friday's football game against St. Paul Academy. After a stiff-arm in retaliation to a St. Croix Lutheran player last Friday going at him, an official stupidly ejected him. Minnesota State High School rules state that if you get tossed from a game, you also have to miss the next week's game too.

Tom Izzo at De La Salle again today visiting with Reid Travis.

I imagine Izzo's conversation with Travis was in the range of "Come to Michigan State where you can be a bench coach and cheerleader like our last Minnesota-born commit, Isaiah Dahlman."

or maybe all big ten and team MVP Allan Anderson from De La Salle! THESCOUT!

Talking pros; what is Reid's best chance?

NBA Forward - NFL QB or TE?

tight end. unless he hits A True 6'9". Dont believe izzo has offered Reid yet despite 2 visits to DE

tight end. unless he hits A True 6'9". Dont believe izzo has offered Reid yet despite 2 visits to DE

Does he have good hands and/or can he block? Without knowing those answers it's pretty much impossible to know. If he grows at all I think it's safe to say basketball is his best chance, but it might be his best chance regardless. Who knows.

Good hands, great footwork.

In basketball or football? Catching a basketball is very different than a football. I've never seen him play football so I don't know, but then again he plays quarterback, so does anyone really know? Does he line up at reciever/tight end frequently?

"@DarrenWolfson: Reid Travis recruiting update: he'll be at the #Gophers-#Badgers football game and will also spend time w/ basketball folks there as well."

Go Gophers!!

"@DarrenWolfson: Reid Travis recruiting update: he'll be at the #Gophers-#Badgers football game and will also spend time w/ basketball folks there as well."

Go Gophers!!

Good day to take the axe back.

I didn't even know Wisconsin was after him.

Wisconsin hoops was recruiting him early in the process, but I have not heard much about him lately. They have a commitment already from a 2014 forward, and have an offer out to a few others. I wonder if this is more of a football visit?

Reid prefers basketball to football. He's a lifelong Gopher fan. The one offer that could get him out of Minnesota is Stanford (which he now has). He's a brainiac, like his brother at Harvard. He won't be going to Mich St or Wisconsin.

Reid prefers basketball to football. He's a lifelong Gopher fan. The one offer that could get him out of Minnesota is Stanford (which he now has). He's a brainiac, like his brother at Harvard. He won't be going to Mich St or Wisconsin.

All brains belong at the U!

Are you sure he has an offer from Stanford? Unless you have some inside info, no one has reported that he has a Stanford offer. Just curious

Are you sure he has an offer from Stanford? Unless you have some inside info, no one has reported that he has a Stanford offer. Just curious

I was kind of wondering about that too. I believe Stanford's policy is that they cannot offer a prospect until that prospect has been admitted to the university. Not saying that hasn't happened yet, but it just seems a little early for a prospect who just started his junior year of HS.

The really sweet thing about Travis is that he wouldn't take up a scholly for Tubby (assuming Kill wants him as a scholarship player).

The really sweet thing about Travis is that he wouldn't take up a scholly for Tubby (assuming Kill wants him as a scholarship player).

I've never seen Reid play football. I know he has a scholarship from Boston College, but how good is he as a football recruit? Anyone know?

From Amelia in her chat today:

"I would rank them like this: Travis, Vaughn, Jones. First of all, Travis is getting recruited the least and probably stands to benefit more from the hometown hero crown. The Gophers have made pretty good in-roads with the Travis family, I think. Of course, there’s a chance he goes the route of football instead. Vaughn also has a great relationship with assistant Vince Taylor, but he has a ton of schools chasing him. Jones would be a miracle. Gophers fans – if you get him, you’re not allowed to complain about anything for at least two years. Vaughn says he and Jones have talked about playing for the Gophers together, but I don’t think that idea is heavily influencing either of their decisions."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/173158041.html

Go Gophers!!

I was kind of wondering about that too. I believe Stanford's policy is that they cannot offer a prospect until that prospect has been admitted to the university. Not saying that hasn't happened yet, but it just seems a little early for a prospect who just started his junior year of HS.

Yeah, yeah. That's what they say in the Ivy League, too. Admissions for athletes are much less selective than admissions for non-athletes.

per Doogie:

"DeLaSalle quarterback and forward Reid Travis will visit this week with Gophers defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys, who is in charge of recruiting the high school. Then, on Friday, Michigan State will have a football representative in town to see Travis. It's sounding more like Travis could accept a football tender to his choice, but he would also play basketball."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...d_Brandon_Roy_out_of_retirement_for_now112812

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom