Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not saying Travis is this type of player (never seen him play personally), but height can't always determine a guys ability at a certain position.

Our very own Tubby Smith coached Chuck Hayes (at UK) a quality 6-6 PF/C who has stuck in the NBA for a few years as well. It'd be great were Travis to grow or were taller now, but height doesn't have to determine what position you can play necessarily. He was also the #46 overall recruit in 2001.

Very true. Chuck had a body of a football player though.

Go Gophers

Ideally if Reid Travis grows to 6'7-6'8 and adds 15 lbs of muscle he could be a VERY effective big ten PF. Otherwise if he stays mostly the same size wise he would need to become a proficiant mid range jump shooter to be a good/great combo forward in the big 10 and it is very possible!

Did ESPN change their ratings recently? I thought in the past, an 88 would not have come close to the top 30. Like, Dre was a 93 and he was only 79th his year, Coleman's barely in the top 100 but he's a 92. Just found that interesting.

Did ESPN change their ratings recently? I thought in the past, an 88 would not have come close to the top 30. Like, Dre was a 93 and he was only 79th his year, Coleman's barely in the top 100 but he's a 92. Just found that interesting.

The rankings of the 2012 class seems to follow the old mold. Perhaps it's just because of their age i.e. giving them room for improvement. just a guess.

They did in fact change the grading scale. There was a short article on it, but I'm too lazy to look it up. Just makes things more confusing if you ask me. I was used to the old scale.

I don't think there's any chance of Dre going pro after his Soph year & I think we'll be far from rebuilding. In fact I think we may be BETTER in 2013 than 2012 with PG-Dre-Jr (His team finally & now an upperclassman), SG-Austin-Sr, SG-Coleman-Jr, SF-Oto-R-Jr, PF-Mo Walker-R-Jr, C- Elliot-R-Jr as our nucleus.

QUOTE=scher215;555601]IMO, 2013 will be a "rebuilding" year anyways as we prep for 2014.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's any chance of Dre going pro after his Soph year & I think we'll be far from rebuilding. In fact I think we may be BETTER in 2013 than 2012 with PG-Dre-Jr (His team finally & now an upperclassman), SG-Austin-Sr, SG-Coleman-Jr, SF-Oto-R-Jr, PF-Mo Walker-R-Jr, C- Elliot-R-Jr as our nucleus.

You have that same team this year with the addition of Mbakwe, Williams, and Welch. You think they will be better because they are older?

Maybe, yes (how's that? :)). A PG is much more important to his team than a forward & Dre will still only be a true Soph this year, with less than a season at PG & playing in the shadow of Trevor & Rodney. There also seems to be a big leap for many players between their Soph & Jr years for whatever reason. So, with Dre as an upperclassman in 2013, with it finally being "his" team & still having an awesome supporting cast I think we CAN indeed be a better team.

You have that same team this year with the addition of Mbakwe, Williams, and Welch. You think they will be better because they are older?

Doogie tweet: "Spent time w/ #Gophers hoops recruit Reid Travis. He loves the Carlson School of Business. Has thought about playing w/ Vaughn and/or Tyus."

Go Gophers!!

Doogie tweet: "Spent time w/ #Gophers hoops recruit Reid Travis. He loves the Carlson School of Business. Has thought about playing w/ Vaughn and/or Tyus."

Go Gophers!!

You don't hear many quotes about Vaughn and Jones playing together, it's too bad none of these three played AAU together.

per Doogie:

"DeLaSalle's Reid Travis, a 6'7" forward and Tubby recruit, is a big fan of the Carlson School of Management. Academics are a big deal to him and his family, so the Gophers stiffest competition will likely come from Stanford. Travis is ESPN's 31st ranked recruit in the Class of 2014. He is also the starting quarterback on the football team and has a scholarship offer to Boston College. He told me on Monday he's undecided on what sport he'll play at the next level."

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2729815.shtml

Go Gophers!!

per Doogie:

"DeLaSalle's Reid Travis, a 6'7" forward and Tubby recruit, is a big fan of the Carlson School of Management. Academics are a big deal to him and his family, so the Gophers stiffest competition will likely come from Stanford. Travis is ESPN's 31st ranked recruit in the Class of 2014. He is also the starting quarterback on the football team and has a scholarship offer to Boston College. He told me on Monday he's undecided on what sport he'll play at the next level."

Go Gophers!!

I bet we get him. I'll be pretty excited if we do!

Doogie tweet: "Top Tubby asst Ron Jirsa, who briefly explored leaving in March, is the main #Gophers recruiter for Reid Travis. Calls/texts Reid the most."

Go Gophers!!

per Doogie:

Go Gophers!!

Watching a feature on him(I believe it was max on cco tv) that as a QB he is 6' 4".

The kid is obviously very adaptable.

planet earth to mikey max, travis was listed 6'7" 215 on De 2011 Football roster. not 6'4 "

WOW! we get verbal commitments from 3 high school juniors and we instantly turn into a national powerhouse.... cant beat that deal

WOW! we get verbal commitments from 3 high school juniors and we instantly turn into a national powerhouse.... cant beat that deal

Actually it wouldn't be instant since they're only going to be juniors. We would have to wait for them to take the floor with the rest of the team first.

Tweet from Monter:

"Michigan St. head coach Tom Izzo, Stanford's Johnny Dawkins &Butler's Brad Stevens along with homestate Minnesota will watch Travis Sunday."

Go Gophers!!

Chris Monter tweet:

"Minnesota's Tubby Smith, Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins and assistant Mark Madsen & Northwestern assistant are at DeLaSalle's open gym."

Go Gophers!!

Chris Monter tweet:

"Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo and assistant Mike Garland arrived to watch standout junior forward Reid Travis along with Jarvis Johnson"

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom