Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    That's fine that my opinion on where Reid will go means nothing to you .... but the fact of the matter is what I posted a month ago is still true today..... "Reid will either go to a private school not named Duke or he'll go to Minnesota". He certainly isn't going to Michigan State (which wasn't really an option).
    The word you're looking for is speculation.

2. Default

Ugh, hope this isn't true.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post

Ugh, hope this isn't true.
    Don't think he's about to commit or anything if that's what you're thinking. He just set up two visits, one of which is to the Gophers. He probably just asked him questions about Duke and Reid gave really positive answers like he would have about any school. I'm convinced Reid is much less of a lock to Duke than he appeared to be right after the offer. Not saying he won't go there, but it doesn't seem like a sure thing to me anymore.

Go Gophers!!

I think the Gophers are definitely a player for Reid provided he doesn't commit to Stanford after his visit there and takes his official to Minnesota. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way it is now is Reid has scheduled Minnesota for his last official visit, right? Being either the first or the last official visit before a decision is most likely to result in a commitment.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
    I think the Gophers are definitely a player for Reid provided he doesn't commit to Stanford after his visit there and takes his official to Minnesota. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way it is now is Reid has scheduled Minnesota for his last official visit, right? Being either the first or the last official visit before a decision is most likely to result in a commitment.
    I do like being the last visit as long as he ends up taking it. He said he'll likely decide early November which is good since Looney should commit on the 31st. If Looney commits to Duke and Humphrey commits to Stanford I will like our chances a lot more.

If Jahlil Okafor goes to Duke, would that help us, or would Duke take both him and Reid Travis?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    If Jahlil Okafor goes to Duke, would that help us, or would Duke take both him and Reid Travis?
    They're different positions and Duke has plenty of scholarships, so they would still take him. It's possible Reid wouldn't really want to play with him though.

9. Default

Coach K did say he would take Looney, Okafor and Travis, but I can't imagine Reid wanting to share minutes for four years when he could be the man at the 4 spot at Minny or Stanford.

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Coach K did say he would take Looney, Okafor and Travis, but I can't imagine Reid wanting to share minutes for four years when he could be the man at the 4 spot at Minny or Stanford.
    Plus he'd be the preeminent star for us. That would not be the case if Okafor and Looney went to Duke as well, or even if they didn't go to Duke. Duke will always be about the guards. Reid would just be another rebounder in the post.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Link? W/o having read through all of the near 700 posts hear, did you specifically hear this from Coach K? Otherwise I doubt he said he'd take all three - he can't comment on any recruits prior to them signing on the dotted line.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post

Go Gophers!!
    Minnesota's running in some pretty impressive company....

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TCF=UnitedWeStand View Post
    Link? W/o having read through all of the near 700 posts hear, did you specifically hear this from Coach K? Otherwise I doubt he said he'd take all three - he can't comment on any recruits prior to them signing on the dotted line.
    Was going to say the same thing, but figured he meant Coach K said something like, "We'll take a center and 2 PFs" and he just read between the lines. Regardless of what Coach K did or didn't say, I'm convinced he'd take Reid regardless of what Looney/Okafor do. Hopefully Reid decides not to go there though and it's all a moot point.

I really wish Pitino and the coaching staff would move on from Reid. He's going to Stanford it's best we have our focus elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Myke View Post
    I really wish Pitino and the coaching staff would move on from Reid. He's going to Stanford it's best we have our focus elsewhere.
    Inside information? Please share.

16. Default

Oh.

17. Default

If he's going to Stanford he'd be wise to wait and see if Johnny Dawkins keeps his job. Unless of course coach is of secondary importance.

18. Default

The last visit to Minnesota is an official, correct? If I'm not mistaken I thought Travis' father said he would not be taking one to the U because it would be more of Travis showing Pitino around. Good news is the visit is an official.

Stanford or Duke, IMO.
    Originally Posted by calminnfan
    The problem with the Gophers is not the talent. Talent alone they should make the final 8 if not the final 4. They should make noise

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TCF=UnitedWeStand View Post
    I either saw someone link it on this thread or in the all things recruiting thread, and quite frankly, it was a tweet from one of those recruiting guru's. This isn't the Times or the post I don't owe you squat when it comes to a link, go through the archives if you're gonna pull a dpoll.
    P.s Ya me and Coach K are totally bros lol